Buy a PS3 (or other select blu-ray player) and 4 WB movies, save $100 at Amazon

beatngurnuts

CAGiversary!
Feedback
238 (99%)
Amazon.com has a great offer on a Blu-ray player if you add some Warner Bros. Blu-ray titles.

Here is the deal. Buy a Playstation 3 80GB ($399), Sylvania NB500SL9 Profile 1.1 Blu-Ray Player ($199.98) or a SAMSUNG BD-P1500 ($210.18) and four Blu-ray discs from Warner Home Video and get a $100 discount.

Enter the code AMAZONBD to receive your discount

Here is the link to the offer:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_7767122_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000279241&

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wampa8jedi']Any idea how those players actually perform? I'm in the market for a player for my folks for Christmas...[/quote]

I have the same question. I have a ton of blus and my dad would love to watch some of my movies.

The problem is that they don't have a HDTV, so good ol' Red-White-Yellow for them.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I have the same question. I have a ton of blus and my dad would love to watch some of my movies.

The problem is that they don't have a HDTV, so good ol' Red-White-Yellow for them.[/quote]

without an HDTV that defeats the purpose of blu ray

[quote name='ryosnk']I wonder if this would work with the gunmetal ps3 preorder.[/QUOTE]

Does not work...already tried.

Anyone tried the coupon code with the metal gear 40 GB PS3....It won't let me try it because I already have an order for the metal gear 40 GB PS3, so it changes the quantity in the basket to zero whenever I try to check out.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Any idea how those players actually perform? I'm in the market for a player for my folks for Christmas...[/QUOTE]

I always check AVS Forum when researching home theater. The Samsung seems to be a good player, fixing a lot of the issues the previous Samsung players had. I wouldn't even think of getting the Sylvania.

A lot of buzz has been going on for the new Panasonic and Sony players as well, but unfortunately they are not part of this promotion.

[quote name='MrDubbs']without an HDTV that defeats the purpose of blu ray[/quote]

You're right, but I have an HDTV and they don't. If my dad wants to watch my Blus, he has to use my TV. I don't want him to use my tv, so I want to get him a Blu-Ray player so that he is at least able to watch the Blus....my parents really dont care about picture quality at the moment.

So which of the two is better for them: Samsung or the Sylvania?

[quote name='sephiroth61787']You're right, but I have an HDTV and they don't. If my dad wants to watch my Blus, he has to use my TV. I don't want him to use my tv, so I want to get him a Blu-Ray player so that he is at least able to watch the Blus....my parents really dont care about picture quality at the moment.

So which of the two is better for them: Samsung or the Sylvania?[/quote]

You can just flip the disc over and watch the standard version, oh wait that was HD-DVD :cry:

Get the Samsung, don't by anything Sylvania except light bulbs.

Anyone else having an issue with getting the promotion to work? I add all the required components to my cart and the code will not work.

[quote name='venompsx']Would it work in combination with the Sony card $150 promotion? Anyone tried?[/quote]

there's a thread on slickdeals about this that i can't find right now, but a lot of people say that this combination will work. i'm planning on doing it as soon as i receive my card.

I found the 4 cheapest movies & PS3 would cost $369.99. Do you think we will see a better deal this year on PS3?

[quote name='J7.']I found the 4 cheapest movies & PS3 would cost $369.99. Do you think we will see a better deal this year on PS3?[/quote]

Are they movies you actually want?...If not, there might be something better down the line....but it really depends on what you are looking for...or you might want to keep your eyes open for a good dell coupon.

Does the 80gb PS3 come with an ethernet cable? I believe earlier versions had the cable packed in, but it's not listed in the Amazon 80GB PS3 product page.

does it really matter with the discount thats a sweet deal on a ps3

I bit on the deal last night but had trouble w/ the promo code. Amazon customer service took care of it. With free shipping and no Calif. sales tax I figured it was a good enough deal.

not a bad deal either since the Sony BDP-S350 was in the original deal and thats the one i wanted. i still believe this thread belongs in the dvd forum as it is a dvd promotion.

What sucks is that the deal wasn't supposed to expire until Dec 31. Hopefully if I place my order over the phone, they'll still honor it with the PS3, or the other Sony players.

[quote name='Animal7390']well the deal didnt expire they just changed the players associated with the deal.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with that. I had my dad sign up for a Sony card 2 weeks ago so he could get the PS3 with a few movies to get him started. He just got the card. Now, even if you add the PS3 with the promotional movies, the deal will not work. Hopefully Amazon will either honor it over the phone (as another user pointed out) or will add the PS3 back to the lineup of eligible Blu Ray players.

Update: They closed the deal on Nov. 10th instead of Dec. 31st. Bastards!

bread's done
Back