Buy a select AMD Radeon HD GPU, get Deus Ex HR on Steam free

bluem00se

CAGiversary!
If you were interested in building a gaming PC for the upcoming gaming season (or upgrading), this is a pretty decent promo. I just ordered all my parts on Amazon and got the DiRT 3 edition 6950 (which is now shipping in 1-4 weeks due to the promo I think). Anyways, didn't see this posted anywhere, I never post deals and I thought this was a decent one!

EDIT: wow forgot to post a link. Sorry, here it is

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1315125622&pf_rd_i=B0055Y66A4

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hudson187']FYI - I contact Amazon since I just bought 4 XFX 6870 cards in the past 3 weeks. They credited me $60 to my account so I could order DE:HR![/QUOTE]

I emailed them since I got the Sapphire Radeon 6850 2 weeks ago. I got $10 credit. Better than nothing.

What a drag. I just purchased an XFX 6870 from Newegg at the start of this month, but I would've waited to jump on this deal had I known. Maybe I should just e-mail Newegg and see what happens, but they still haven't responded to my last one.

This question gets probably asked a lot, but I'm in desperate need of a computer. I know how to assemble a computer, but I'm completely clueless on parts. I'm getting sick and tired of YouTube slowing my computer to a crawl.

How should I go about building a gaming/media computer on a $500 budget?
I would like computer that could run Deus Ex better than ps3 counterpart, and in the long run be able to run Diablo 3 on respectable settings. Basically a good computer that could at least run 2011 and 2012 games confidently.

My guess on how I allocate my money on a budget gaming pc build is...
$50 case
$50 psu
$120 processor
$100 mother board
$70 hdd
$60 ram
$200 video card

damn, I went over budget

[quote name='dejeckt']This question gets probably asked a lot, but I'm in desperate need of a computer. I know how to assemble a computer, but I'm completely clueless on parts. I'm getting sick and tired of YouTube slowing my computer to a crawl.

How should I go about building the most optimum gaming computer for 500 (excluding cost for phephirals and os)?
My only goal would be is to able run deus ex with better graphics than ps3 counterpart and the ability to run diablo 3 later on respectable setting.

My guess of what right price ratio for this build should be...
$50 case
$50 psu
$120 processor
$100 mother board
$70 hdd
$60 ram
$200 video card

damn, I went over budget[/QUOTE]

You can build a beast system with your price, its just comes down to AMD or Intel, and if there is a possibility of SLI/Crossfire in the future.

Only thing is you might need to spend a little more for a decent PSU, other than that you should be able to make an awesome gaming pc.

[quote name='dejeckt']This question gets probably asked a lot, but I'm in desperate need of a computer. I know how to assemble a computer, but I'm completely clueless on parts. I'm getting sick and tired of YouTube slowing my computer to a crawl.

How should I go about building a gaming/media computer on a $500 budget?
I would like computer that could run Deus Ex better than ps3 counterpart, and in the long run be able to run Diablo 3 on respectable settings. Basically a good computer that could at least run 2011 and 2012 games confidently.

My guess on how I allocate my money on a budget gaming pc build is...
$50 case
$50 psu
$120 processor
$100 mother board
$70 hdd
$60 ram
$200 video card

damn, I went over budget[/QUOTE]

This should help. Read the notes below the main graph, too.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/The_FalconO6/CurrentLogicalPCBuyingGuide/Guide.png

@icedrake523 - Thank you for the chart, I was going through newegg and the system I was building ended up $700 (I really need to stay within budget).

@seantm22 - Yea I should be spending a little bit more on psu...learned the hard way if you don't.

Haven't read the thread so I'm not sure f its been mentioned, but this deal is also in effect over on Newegg. I just bought a 6870 last night and it came with a Deus Ex code. If you get the XFX version it ALSO comes bundles with Shogun 2. I haven't heard great things about XFX though so I got the HIS card.

I have the old Radeon HD 4870. Would it be worthwhile to upgrade my card? I've noticed some hiccups with it, and I'm interested in getting a free copy of Deux Ex and maybe another game while upgrading my video card.

[quote name='terra-kun']I have the old Radeon HD 4870. Would it be worthwhile to upgrade my card? I've noticed some hiccups with it, and I'm interested in getting a free copy of Deux Ex and maybe another game while upgrading my video card.[/QUOTE]

First page of google says yes.

http://www.hwcompare.com/6043/radeon-hd-4870-1gb-vs-radeon-hd-6870/

Radeon: 6870 / 4870

BFBC2: 70s-120s / 45s-56s

L4D2: 85s-130s / 70s-90s

CSS benchmark: 239 / 171

SF4: 118.29 / 77.81
benchmark Score: 9116 / 7048

SC2 90s-110s / 45-60 choppy

2K10 benchmark: 92 / 88-90s

Hawx Highest: 346 / 327
benchmark Lowest: 94 / 59

http://www.overclock.net/amd-ati/859933-6870-vs-4870cf-vs-4870-benchmarks.html

[quote name='gordojones88']First page of google says yes.

http://www.hwcompare.com/6043/radeon-hd-4870-1gb-vs-radeon-hd-6870/

Radeon: 6870 / 4870

BFBC2: 70s-120s / 45s-56s

L4D2: 85s-130s / 70s-90s

CSS benchmark: 239 / 171

SF4: 118.29 / 77.81
benchmark Score: 9116 / 7048

SC2 90s-110s / 45-60 choppy

2K10 benchmark: 92 / 88-90s

Hawx Highest: 346 / 327
benchmark Lowest: 94 / 59

http://www.overclock.net/amd-ati/859933-6870-vs-4870cf-vs-4870-benchmarks.html[/QUOTE]

Nice site you found. Thanks, I'll do a bit more research before I choose which one I want.

Update: Decided to go with the HIS Radeon HD 6950 IceQ X Turbo 2GB from newegg. Same price and offer as Amazon, but Amazon tax hurt too much.

[quote name='dejeckt']@icedrake523 - Thank you for the chart, I was going through newegg and the system I was building ended up $700 (I really need to stay within budget).[/QUOTE]

If you have a Micro Center nearby, you can get the Intel i3/5/7 CPU for pretty cheap and another $40 off a compatible motherboard.

As a diehard nVidia user with fairly current video cards, I don't have use for this deal, but if anyone wishes to sell off their DXHR code reasonably, LMK. I got my Batman AA from eBay a couple years back from the nVidia pack-ins, but would rather spend with a CAG.

[quote name='dejeckt']How should I go about building a gaming/media computer on a $500 budget?[/QUOTE]Check Maximum PC's site. They're constantly doing features on how to build a respectable gaming PC for relatively minor dough. Here's one for a $667 rig.

I built my current rig almost two years ago and spent easily triple your budget, BUT I used way higher end stuff than most people need (SLI, X58 mobo, two burners, etc.) and prices have really come down on some components. I spent $240 on the 12GB of DDR3 RAM for my PC in Sept. 2009; 8GB for my MBP last month was only $74 and that wasn't the cheapest available.

So I ordered a Sapphire 6950 Toxic from Newegg, arrived earlier this week, but still haven't received the steam code for Deus Ex and no responses from Newegg about this. Guess I'll try calling tomorrow.

[quote name='icedrake523']This should help. Read the notes below the main graph, too.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/The_FalconO6/CurrentLogicalPCBuyingGuide/Guide.png[/QUOTE]

Haha oh man. So I checked your link out of curiosity and saw the chart. I just built myself a new PC and was wondering where my 'level' was... I am even higher than 'enthusiast a.k.a. insane' .... That makes me both very proud and yet extremely embarrassed at the same time hahaha

I had to bite. Unfortunately I have to buy a new power supply for the shiny new 6850 I bought. I'm afraid to test the waters on the 400W supply I currently have on my AMD Phenom X4 9550, 5GB RAM.

I'm hoping there will be a BF3/graphics card bundle when it is released. Hopefully I can hold out until then!

[quote name='BrolyB593']Haha oh man. So I checked your link out of curiosity and saw the chart. I just built myself a new PC and was wondering where my 'level' was... I am even higher than 'enthusiast a.k.a. insane' .... That makes me both very proud and yet extremely embarrassed at the same time hahaha[/QUOTE]

On the bright side, in a few months, it will only be "Excellent."

Just got my 6850 and its beast compared to my 5770. So I tried activating my Deus Ex key followed instructions filled out a form from amd and still haven't received any email with a code. Anyone on the same boat did you guys get your key immediately after filling out the form?

I pretty much got my key immediately after filling out the web forms. If there is a support number to call, I'd try giving them a call.

[quote name='boredasfook']Just got my 6850 and its beast compared to my 5770. So I tried activating my Deus Ex key followed instructions filled out a form from amd and still haven't received any email with a code. Anyone on the same boat did you guys get your key immediately after filling out the form?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='boredasfook']Just got my 6850 and its beast compared to my 5770. So I tried activating my Deus Ex key followed instructions filled out a form from amd and still haven't received any email with a code. Anyone on the same boat did you guys get your key immediately after filling out the form?[/QUOTE]

Got mine nearly instantly after I filled out the form.

Just found out that I'm having problems with the email I used to fill out the form, I can't receive or send email. Contacted amd hopefully it can all get fixed damn you hotmail!!!

Edit: amd sent me the code problem solved time to download Deus Ex =)

bread's done
Back