Buy a Summer of Arcade Game, Get The Maw Free

Good find, I'm going to grab this.

However, there is an asterisk. Bonus: Get arcade game The Maw free with any Summer of Arcade purchase*

*Valid for Bastion game only. Limit 5 per customer.

So I'm guessing this might be valid only for Bastion. Bastion was one of the games I was considering though, so getting The Maw for free with it is still a good deal to me. Then you could stack this with another Summer of Arcade purchase to get the bonus reward (200 pts?.) Also I think there is a bonus reward for a percentage of points spent.

Wonder if there will be other rewards for the other Summer of Arcade games through this site.

Pretty sweet. Was probably gonna buy Bastion anyway and was always interested in the Maw (currently working my way through Ms. Splosion Man).
Thanks OP!

My only concern would be if this would somehow mess up getting Crimson Alliance for free by buying all the summer of arcade games. I'm just wondering if you have to purchase all the games directly through the marketplace to qualify for that deal. I figure it's probably fine, but I'm a worrier.

I have no plans to buy all the summer of arcade games. I just wouldn't want to mess it up for someone else.

Wow. I'm still interested in The Maw and Bastion is the top title on my list of SoA. Sounds like a pretty decent deal.

If I wait I can probably score Bastion for 600 and The Maw for 400 so that comes to 1000 if I wait for sales vs. 1200 now.

I'm assuming if you buy through the Microsoft store you can't get the Crimson Alliance bonus since you won't be buying them all through your Xbox. So if you want less than all of the SoA games (most feel this way) then this would be the way to go if you must have less than the complete set.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Good find, I'm going to grab this.

However, there is an asterisk. Bonus: Get arcade game The Maw free with any Summer of Arcade purchase*

*Valid for Bastion game only. Limit 5 per customer.

So I'm guessing this might be valid only for Bastion. Bastion was one of the games I was considering though, so getting The Maw for free with it is still a good deal to me. Then you could stack this with another Summer of Arcade purchase to get the bonus reward (200 pts?.) Also I think there is a bonus reward for a percentage of points spent.

Wonder if there will be other rewards for the other Summer of Arcade games through this site.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a little confusing. I'm going to assume that it will work with the other summer of arcade games. I got this from Machinima.com's facebook page. They didn't mention it only being for Bastion. However I'm not going to risk it. I'll just go ahead and buy Bastion now. :)

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Aww, you can't buy with MS Points? Kills the deal for me :/[/QUOTE]

It didn't kill the deal for me, but it's definitely annoying.

Lame, I already bought the maw, and never played it lol. Bought bastion when I woke up today and put in like 3 or 4 hours so far. Oh well.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow. I'm still interested in The Maw and Bastion is the top title on my list of SoA. Sounds like a pretty decent deal.

If I wait I can probably score Bastion for 600 and The Maw for 400 so that comes to 1000 if I wait for sales vs. 1200 now.

I'm assuming if you buy through the Microsoft store you can't get the Crimson Alliance bonus since you won't be buying them all through your Xbox. So if you want less than all of the SoA games (most feel this way) then this would be the way to go if you must have less than the complete set.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed the fine print beneath the deal. It mentions the Crimson Alliance promotion, so I'll assume this deal won't screw up that one.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Aww, you can't buy with MS Points? Kills the deal for me :/[/QUOTE]

That killed it for me. I'm planning on getting Bastion but I have almost 4000 MS points built up from Kmart promotions. The Maw never caught my eye so I think I'll just get Bastion using my points.

[quote name='TruthJunky']OK. So. I purchased. And then I got a "Thank you for your order." message on the page. And that was 30 mins ago. No e-mail. What the heck.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I was just about to check here.

Hopefully they'll send something out soon!

[quote name='TruthJunky']OK. So. I purchased. And then I got a "Thank you for your order." message on the page. And that was 30 mins ago. No e-mail. What the heck.[/QUOTE]

Same for me too! I was using my iPad though so I was afraid it may of been the website just loading funky. Hmmm I assume they will just email me xbl codes for the games?

[quote name='MillsBM']Same for me too! I was using my iPad though so I was afraid it may of been the website just loading funky. Hmmm I assume they will just email me xbl codes for the games?[/QUOTE]
Same as well, but I thought it was because my cc info was messed up so I called up Microsoft to clarify. Turns out that the purchase went through but the lady says to wait two hours to process, Ugh.

Well that's great I picked up points today just so I could get Bastion and now this. Guess I can save the points for another time, but it is annoying that you can't use them for this. Damn M$.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']No email here either :( Come on MS...[/QUOTE]

I called them to ask what's up. Apparently our orders have all been put on some kind of security/fraud hold. The fraud department needs to verify that our orders are legitimate. I got a bunch of BS about how there's no general hold up, and about how it's "completely random" that our orders have been placed on hold. Allegedly our orders were "randomly selected" for a fraud check.

Sounds like nonsense to me. I just wanted to play the game tonight. Last time I use this "service" to buy a game.

I played through the entire game of The Maw a few days ago and it is really mediocre. Nobody should be too concerned with it...even for free.

[quote name='trent82']I played through the entire game of The Maw a few days ago and it is really mediocre. Nobody should be too concerned with it...even for free.[/QUOTE]

It's not much to look at nowadays, but the gameplay is a perfect mix of casual puzzle 3D platformer.

I'll give the opposite review and say anyone who gets this should also buy the 3 DLC levels for a measly 100 points each. Each DLC level is about 30-45 minutes long and they're all just as good as the full game levels.

Don't you just hate it when "deal" only end up pissing you off. Can't use MSP, have to buy from that website, and nothing on the XBox dashboard pointing you towards this (at least not that I saw). Oh well.

The product keys can be found in your account order history....although they were also on the email receipt. My order did timeout after placing it, if that information helps.

informer

anyone do this from NYS yet?
guessing we'll get charged tax, I just would rather not put all that info in to find out

since I can get point cards w/o tax and cheaper than the base $20/1600, debating if I'd play maw and it's worth the couple bucks

might do this tonight tho, thanks OP, good catch

Already bought the Maw back when it came out. Like most of Twisted Pixel's games, it is a fun, slightly flawed game.

This purchase won't affect getting Crimson Alliance for free if I plan to purchase Bastion and the other 4 games?

[quote name='vlv723']This purchase won't affect getting Crimson Alliance for free if I plan to purchase Bastion and the other 4 games?[/QUOTE]
This is my only concern as well.... anyone know for sure? I did see the fine print on the MS store saying "buy all 5 summer of arcade games and get a free Crimson Alliance"

But... I just wanna make sure.

Does Microsofts site charge tax if you purchase Bastion directly through them?? I really don't understand why the ones buying Bastion through XBL are getting shafted. Just another reason to hate them, I guess.

bread's done
Back