Buy a Wii at Amazon on Thursday, get a $50 credit. Friday = $169.99 with no credit

Hmmmm... I think i'll take the without credit deal. I rarely collect amazon giftcards and games and consoles will depreciate in price and don't want to wait till next year black friday to collect on that giftcard if it's possible. Does that wii deal be the same as the best buy deal??

Reminder (or for those who don't know) Walmart's in-store deal tomorrow will be the Wii for $199 with a $50 Gift card. Granted, you'll have to pay sales tax (and go into a Walmart), but the gift card is good on anything...

I really wish the black console came with mario as well.. I'm either gonna bite on the $169 new tomorrow or maybe save a lot of money and buy a used one for $99 off gamestop tomorrow.

Does the $50 credit rollover, or does it have to be used all in one purchase. For example, if i buy a $20 game in one purchase, will I still have $30 to use later.

I am debating should I get a wii, I used to own it a year ago and sold it for a ps3. Now with games like new Zelda and Last story coming out I am tempted to get a new one.

[quote name='dchrisd']Does the $50 credit rollover, or does it have to be used all in one purchase. For example, if i buy a $20 game in one purchase, will I still have $30 to use later.[/QUOTE]

It rolls over.

Hmm..I would've prefer to get it tomorrow,but I'll be at work when it's a lightning deal. Thanks for the quick reply D.

Does tomorrow's lightning deal include the red Wii's? I don't know if I should buy it now and get the credit, hope the red Wii is included tomorrow, or use up my rewards and get the red bundle for $150 at K-Mart.

Well, that's really a sweet deal. Though I wish all the consoles were down to $150 considering all the extra money you need to pay just to play a game on it.

My friend just told me he's about to finish paying off a red Wii from KMART for like $215 bucks. I think he preferred to pay it off in payments but I don't know.

Great deal thanks for posting CheapyD. Free Cheapy

Thanks, CheapyD. I went ahead and ordered one of the Red Limited Edition Wii's with New Super Mario Bros. and Wii Sports. I figured that I buy enough video games at Amazon that I would definitely rather use the $50 Promotional Video Game Credit instead of saving $31 off MSRP.

I was hoping for something more provocative, like the Red Limited Edition Wii's at $99.99, but maybe that wishful thinking. Even the used Wii's being sold at Game Stop for $99.99 are bare bones with nothing but the standard issue controller and no game, right? Wii Motion Plus, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Wii Sports struck me as being compelling reasons to jump on the deal.

This looks like the time for me to finally get my red wii. Even though i bought Super mario, awhile back for cheap, but i guess i can sell that. Thanks for the heads up Cheapy!

[quote name='fei33']Thanks, CheapyD. I went ahead and ordered one of the Red Limited Edition Wii's with New Super Mario Bros. and Wii Sports. I figured that I buy enough video games at Amazon that I would definitely rather use the $50 Promotional Video Game Credit instead of saving $31 off MSRP.

I was hoping for something more provocative, like the Red Limited Edition Wii's at $99.99, but maybe that wishful thinking. Even the used Wii's being sold at Game Stop for $99.99 are bare bones with nothing but the standard issue controller and no game, right? Wii Motion Plus, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Wii Sports struck me as being compelling reasons to jump on the deal.[/QUOTE]

The Red Limited Edition Wii's for $99? Wow.........that is terrible speculation.

In for the red wii with 50 dollars credit

Whats up with the estimated delivery date of 12/1

Even if you don't include 2moro thats still saturday monday and tuesday to ship for guaranteed 2day shipping (amazon prime member)

Is there another holiday im missing? I don't mind it not coming til 12/1 but don't want the date changed at last minute and im not home to accept the package

[quote name='Xellos2099']Any idea how long does the $50.00 credit last? Cuz I buy the Black ops with $20.00 credit and it only last till end of january.[/QUOTE]

Probably the standard 90 days. So if my calculations are correct, until the end of February. But don't quote me on that, just my speculation based on my other credits I've received.

I went ahead and ordered the Red Wii. I was going to use it on a 2000 Nintendo points card and the Super Mario All-Star Wii but now I'll need to find something else seeing as Super Mario All-stars isn't available for pre order anymore =(

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']The Red Limited Edition Wii's for $99? Wow.........that is terrible speculation.[/QUOTE]

LOL The emphasis was on wishful thinking. I did not sincerely believe they would offer that, but Walmart and Amazon both offered XBOX 360 Arcades last year for $200 with a $100 promotional credit. I also have been actively watching the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread and although I believe them to be mythical, $70 Wii's were once spotted in the wild. Anyways, $199.99 with a $50 credit was good enough for me. :)

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']I think the deal is dead, I only see a $10 credit on the page (You have to an Amazon Prime member to even get that)[/QUOTE]
Yuppers. It died a quick death at 12:00 A.M. Pacific.

There is a lightning deal to where any Wii console will be $169.99.

Went with the black wii, I figured over time it's better to have a nice-looking system. I know it will be a long time before Mario gets discounted, but eh.

I'm a little confused. This deal is still showing up on amazon's lightning deals list but when you click on the link it shows $199.

[quote name='Korben']I'm a little confused. This deal is still showing up on amazon's lightning deals list but when you click on the link it shows $199.[/QUOTE]
I think you get the discount at the final page. It will act as if you had a $30 gift card and you use it on the order.

FYI to anybody who bought a Wii w/$50 credit...

Thank you for purchasing a Nintendo Wii Console Bundle from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $50 credit toward the purchase of any physical item from the Amazon Video Games store (digital products not eligible) shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 11/30/2011. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add an item from the Amazon Video Games store shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied.

The promotional credit must be used by November 30, 2011. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Pretty nice having it available for the whole year.

I picked up a white Wii with the 50 dollar credit. Red looks tacky and makes the system look like some kind of cheap toy. Black is a dust magnet...know this from my PS3. Still wish they would have brought out a white PS3 to America. I went with the 50 dollar credit because I'm gonna have to buy a second controller anyway for the kids to play together.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I picked up a white Wii with the 50 dollar credit. Red looks tacky and makes the system look like some kind of cheap toy. Black is a dust magnet...know this from my PS3. Still wish they would have brought out a white PS3 to America. I went with the 50 dollar credit because I'm gonna have to buy a second controller anyway for the kids to play together.[/QUOTE]
Really? A red Wii looks like "some kind of cheap toy" but the white looks like what some expensive piece of electronics?

It looks like a red Wii. No different than the others other than it's red, I don't know how that makes it suddenly look like a cheap toy. I wouldn't get it because I like everything red, but I know some people like everything colorful so they went with red.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Really? A red Wii looks like "some kind of cheap toy" but the white looks like what some expensive piece of electronics?

It looks like a red Wii. No different than the others other than it's red, I don't know how that makes it suddenly look like a cheap toy. I wouldn't get it because I like everything red, but I know some people like everything colorful so they went with red.[/QUOTE]

Red just isn't a typical color for electronics. And it's a super bright red to boot. Just my take, but everything in my entertainment center is black or white, like most all other electronics. Red would just stick out like a sore thumb.....looks cheap to me. To each their own.

bread's done
Back