Buy a Wii Console, Get a $50 Gift Card Free + Other Discounts Starts 12/5 at Walmart

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Minimum 10 consoles per store.

Also:

[quote name='TurboPascal']http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=PR&date=20091202&id=10785886

Some details

Now through Dec. 24, the retailer will offer 15-20% savings on 25 top video game titles, including games for kids, families and extreme gamers, in stores. Starting Saturday, Dec. 5, shoppers with a Wii on their wish list will have the added bonus of receiving a $50 Walmart Gift Card with the purchase of a $199 Wii console in stores, through Dec. 12 while supplies last.*

These newly priced titles, most of which are also available on www.walmart.com today, include these below and many others:
  • Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics (Wii) - now $40
  • Lego Rock Band (Wii) - now $40
  • Rock Band: Beatles (Wii) - now $40
  • MySims: Agents (Wii) - now $40
  • Tekken 6 (Xbox 360 and PS3) - now $50
  • Madden 2010 (Xbox 360 and PS3) - now $50
  • WWE 2010 (Xbox 360) - now $50, WWE 2010 (Wii) - now $40
  • Batman Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Dragon Age: Origins (PS3) - now $50
  • Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Halo 3:ODST (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Uncharted 2 (PS3) - now $50
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just talked to my Walmart (Layton, Utah.) The clerk had to ask a manager for sure, but came back with the info that they will start selling them at 8:00 and they will start the line at 5:00.

[quote name='doooork']why does this say the 5th? its suppose to be sunday the 6th. unless the 5th is for online...
??[/QUOTE]

I too, am confused. I was told by the employee that the deal starts at midnight on the 5th, but when I went out there now they're saying wait till the 6th. They better have the deal live on the 6th and not in the morning tomorrow or I'll be less than a happy camper.

obram, either way it doesnt matter cuz its not a one day deal and we basically get shipments of these consoles multiple times a week

Amazon would have to offer a $70+ gift card to be cheaper than walmart for most people who use bing. (accounting for tax + possible shipping fee) And that is ASSUMING it is also online.

Poster on another deal site says some stores are selling with the $50 off right now. The newspaper advertisements around here say the deal doesn't start until the 6th.

I didn't think individual stores had any control over sale start dates and times. I recall previous WalMart deals only starting when WalMart corporate put the deal into the main computer system.

I could be wrong, but am thinking of heading over to my local 24 hour walmart.

[quote name='scottman']Amazon would have to offer a $70+ gift card to be cheaper than walmart for most people who use bing. (accounting for tax + possible shipping fee) And that is ASSUMING it is also online.[/QUOTE]

Amazon would have to match it first so walmart would be forced to put it online.

Since walmart doesn't even have a dummy product page up for this, I'm not optimistic, unless they learned from their ways last time and won't put it up until the last minute.

However, I would say Walmart is poised to make a big dent in amazon's business with their website. Lately, they have had some great deals, add in bing and free store shipping, and I finally have an alternative to amazon.

ALSO, this weeks ad is for the 29th to the 5th.

ive seen the new ad myself in our store.

you can EVEN LOOK AT WALMART.COM for the local ad which SHOULD SAYYY, ad the 6th to the 12th//prices effective at theat time//etc.

if thats not clarification enough that the website says it, a walmart electronics employeeee says it, and an employee that had physically seen the ad says it, then idk what is.
but all day it was oh its saturday oh its sunday with no real clarification until my midshift.

so unless you live in gaga land, dont come into my store (which you wont btw) and try to get 50 bucks for it cuz you wont.

[quote name='doooork']

so unless you live in gaga land, dont come into my store (which you wont btw) and try to get 50 bucks for it cuz you wont.[/QUOTE]

You're right, the ads say the deal doesn't start until Sunday the 6th.

But more than one poster at Fatwallet is claiming to have gotten the deal tonight. The shelf tags are already up advertising it.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/972902/?start=60

[quote name='scottman']Since walmart doesn't even have a dummy product page up for this, I'm not optimistic, unless they learned from their ways last time and won't put it up until the last minute.

However, I would say Walmart is poised to make a big dent in amazon's business with their website. Lately, they have had some great deals, add in bing and free store shipping, and I finally have an alternative to amazon.[/QUOTE]

if you go to walmart's page and click at the top right corner and enter your zip code you will see the entire 12/6/ ad

Just got back from my local Wal-Mart; I talked to an employee that confirmed the sale will start at 8 am today (Saturday, 5 Dec), and that there should be a minimum of 10 consoles per store (like the 6 Dec -- 12 Dec ad states). Fortunately, mine's got 35 consoles. :)

Off to bed, and back to the store in six hours.

About 30 people in line this morning, they had about 40 Wiis but some people were double dipping and getting back in line to buy another. Went smoothly except they forgot to deactivate the security sensors so everybody got stopped leaving the store.

just got back from walmart in kearny nj. make a b line for gardening theuy have them there about 50 when I was there but the line was growing

Good deal, I'm gonna hold out for it to go online though because it's not really worth the hassle or probably spending an hour in Wal-Mart trying to get one once you figure in tax and everything too.

Just got back. Waited in line for about 40 - 50 minutes. They seemed to have close to 30 or more behind the counter. By the time I left they looked like they had about 10 - 15.

Had several in Murfreesboro,TN (outside of Nashville as of 9am). I'm sure Nintendo is happy to welcome me back into their fold after a several year absence :)

As of noon today, the Transit road location in Clarence/ Williamsville had 200-300 left. No, that's not a typo.

I honestly suspect the only people who would get in on this deal are those looking for a second unit or those who never cared before. It's not like anyone out there is buying a replacement and the fad has died down considerably.

Almost forgot about this, checked Amazon at 10:15am and just missed out on their lightning deal so headed down to the Roseville, CA Walmart and sure enough they still had several.

Worked out great as I was planning to pick one up for my parents this Christmas...so now I have a $50 WM giftcard for myself on top of that.

they had exactly 45 at my walmart in central jersey. they said they will get more units the more they sell. The line had like 35 people at 8ish. I was in line and got a number to get the wii and everything. then after a couple minutes i left. my desire to get this went down the more i waited in line (agh, waste of time). Too much time to think...the manager said that more shipments will arrive so i think this deal will be good for a few days.

I got one off ebay for 137.50+ 15% bing + 2% ebay bucks= about $115 for a brand new one.
Walmart one is $200+9% sales tax -$50 dollar gift card=$168 and you have a $50 dollar gift card to spend.
Ebay is flooded with wii systems for 180-200 buy it now. You could find one with bing for cheaper than walmart, but you take a chance of getting it with ebay and you can return the walmart one if there is a problem. my 2 cents.

[quote name='aj slick']I got one off ebay for 137.50+ 15% bing + 2% ebay bucks= about $115 for a brand new one.
Walmart one is $200+9% sales tax -$50 dollar gift card=$168 and you have a $50 dollar gift card to spend.
Ebay is flooded with wii systems for 180-200 buy it now. You could find one with bing for cheaper than walmart, but you take a chance of getting it with ebay and you can return the walmart one if there is a problem. my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure it's $168 and then you still have the $50 gc?

[quote name='n00bie']How do you figure it's $168 and then you still have the $50 gc?[/QUOTE]

$200 + TAX(around $20, depending on state) - $50 Giftcard = $170 (again depending on tax)

200+20-50=170

Read his post again. He said "Walmart one is $200+9% sales tax -$50 dollar gift card=$168 and you have a $50 dollar gift card to spend."

So he makes it sound like you have two $50 gc's.

[quote name='n00bie']Read his post again. He said "Walmart one is $200+9% sales tax -$50 dollar gift card=$168 and you have a $50 dollar gift card to spend."

So he makes it sound like you have two $50 gc's.[/QUOTE]
Well i assume you read it incorrectly. He's saying that you have to use that $50 you saved at Wal-Mart. When it's cheaper in every way at Ebay, without being forced to use the money you saved at any store in particular. The main difference would only be the return policy, i guess.

I guess not too many people knew about this yesterday.
I stopped by Walmart around 4pm and they had 10 in stock and nothing on the shelf advertised the deal. I grabbed one.

[quote name='Dr Geo']$200 + TAX(around $20, depending on state) - $50 Giftcard = $170 (again depending on tax)

200+20-50=170[/QUOTE]

except the only problem with your logic is that a gift card is far from being cash. this is basically giving wal-mart $250 revenue for every $200 wii purchase.

Scored ok on this one:

Picked up a Wii from Walmart before BF and got them to price adjust last Saturday (luckily after some whining...and using their "Save money. Live better." quote in my explanation, ha ha)

$199-$50 gc (for buying phone from Sam's Club)-$19.90 (employee discount)+tax =

$143 + $50 gf (after adjust)

Our house was broken into a few weeks ago and our Wii with many other items were stolen.

I have been waiting to try and find the best deal around to replace it. I figured this weekend would be a mad house and no chance of getting this deal.

At lunch today, I decided to stop by Walmart just to see and they had one left!

So at least have replaced our Wii and got $50 gift card. Just have to send in receipt to insurance to get reimbursed.

after just about giving up hope on this, i checked walmart's stock checker yesterday morning(since it only updates once per day and was showing in stock everywhere before then) and to my surprise one store (kind of) in my area had them listed as "In Stock".

I gave them a call 20 minutes before I left work and they said they still had a couple so I ran right over. Made the 35 mile treck(there's a shorter way but I got lost) and was greeted by an endcap of Wii accessories with a "$199" sign on the top - with no Wii's :whistle2:(

..but I asked one of the employees and they were just holding them behind the counter-probably the only reason they still had any in stock(people assuming none were left bc of the empty endcap). They took two out of a shipping box and I got one, and the woman directly behind me in line got the other. Those might have been the last of them.

Works for me since my Dad loves walmart and I was just getting him a Walmart GC for christmas anyway(no idea what else to get him). The Wii is for my Mom.

This sale seems VERY worthless to me. This isn't an Xbox 360, there is no real reason to buy a Wii new.

[quote name='Dr Geo']This sale seems VERY worthless to me. This isn't an Xbox 360, there is no real reason to buy a Wii new.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you could at least TRY to troll properly.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']if I bought a wii, not only would I feel embarrassed (omg wii sports!) but what games would I play? metroid trilogy, super mario galaxy, what else?[/QUOTE]

All the gamecube titles, all the games on the VC(NES,SNES,N64, Genesis, etc.), No More Heroes, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii. I can go on, but if you're going to be a loser and try to discredit the Wii for having no games to play then maybe you should research a bit more :roll:

bread's done
Back