Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tears2040']I call bullshit, we are in tough economic times. Less people ( myself ) simply do not have the money right now for this. More than 10+ different posters that are at Wal-mart right now have also reported that they are the only ones in line.

I'm sure that this deal we be sold out in less than an hour but 1 minute, IMPOSSIBLE I refuse and put any money on it that it will last longer than "1 minute "[/QUOTE]
i dunno this thing is all over slickdeals and other deal threads and will spread like wildfire when more people wake up. i dunno if it'll go by one minute fast, but it'll be pretty damn quick

too bad this thing will go so fast. We won't have time to check the specs and see if this is a model with the Jasper chipset (or the 512 mb memory).

If it's the arcade for sale, then it will be a jasper.

I am intrigued at what the 8 am deal is. I wonder if it's a laptop....

[quote name='sunnysky']too bad this thing will go so fast. We won't have time to check the specs and see if this is a model with the Jasper chipset (or the 512 mb memory).[/QUOTE]

You could always buy it, check the specs and if they aren't what you thought, return it.

Amazon just posted the promo credit rules:

Buy an Xbox 360 Arcade at the special promotional price of $199.98 and receive a $100 promotional code usable towards any future purchases of items at our Web site (www.amazon.com) shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. To qualify for the promotional code, you must purchase an Xbox 360 Arcade from the Amazon.com Gold Box on 11/07/2009 during the times it is featured as a Lightning Deal. The Xbox 360 Arcade will be a featured Lighting Deal on 11/07/2009 between 6:00am PST to 7:59am PST and again from 12:00pm PST to 1:59PM PST. Only one (1) promotional code will be sent per household. Promotional codes received as a result of this promotion will expire at 11:59pm PST on 12/31/2009. The promotional code will not be reflected at checkout when you purchase the Xbox 360 Arcade; instead, it will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. Restrictions apply. See details at http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541.

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Amazon just posted the promo credit rules:

Buy an Xbox 360 Arcade at the special promotional price of $199.98 and receive a $100 promotional code usable towards any future purchases of items at our Web site (www.amazon.com) shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. To qualify for the promotional code, you must purchase an Xbox 360 Arcade from the Amazon.com Gold Box on 11/07/2009 during the times it is featured as a Lightning Deal. The Xbox 360 Arcade will be a featured Lighting Deal on 11/07/2009 between 6:00am PST to 7:59am PST and again from 12:00pm PST to 1:59PM PST. Only one (1) promotional code will be sent per household. Promotional codes received as a result of this promotion will expire at 11:59pm PST on 12/31/2009. The promotional code will not be reflected at checkout when you purchase the Xbox 360 Arcade; instead, it will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. Restrictions apply. See details at http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541.[/QUOTE]
so it doesn't matter which 360 arcade you buy? will the deals site link you to the one that is on sale?

This is so tempting even though I already have a 360. I kind of want to get it and then flip it on Ebay or something. What makes it so appealing is that the credit can be used on anything.

I have about 35 minutes to decide I guess.

Debating if trading $200 cash is worth getting $100 amazon credit + 95$ Gs credit (trade in my old. Console) + get a Jasper...

I was already planning on spending $$ on assassins, and was debating about gettin a ps2

[quote name='el swordo']so it doesn't matter which 360 arcade you buy? will the deals site link you to the one that is on sale?[/QUOTE]

You will have to add it to your cart from the Gold box page link.

Can some1 answer my question, please. Roughly how much will it cost me to upgrade it to a Pro version? I googled it and it says around $160, which is almost the sameprice as the Pro, weird

- 14-foot Ethernet cable ($2 from Monoprice.com)
- HD component cables ($39.99 from Microsoft, proprietary)*
- Xbox 360 60GB hard drive ($99.99 from Microsoft, proprietary)
- Xbox Live headset ($19.99 from Microsoft, proprietary)**

[quote name='Tardcore']I want to get one to replace my launch Core console.[/QUOTE]

hah, I forgot they called the arcade the core before.

Likewise i've decided to get in on this if I can get it. Might as well for the HDMI port? However if I want optical audio, do I need to buy an adapter cable?

[quote name='Tardcore']I want to get one to replace my launch Core console.[/QUOTE]

Is it the original or a replacement? Most people with original units RRoDed.

[quote name='Morphine']Can some1 answer my question, please. Roughly how much will it cost me to upgrade it to a Pro version? I googled it and it says around $160, which is almost the sameprice as the Pro, weird

- Xbox Live headset ($19.99 from Microsoft, proprietary)**[/QUOTE]
uh you can buy a hdmi cable for around $5 you can get the harddrive basically for free with your amazon credit and $20 for a headset

[quote name='The_Linux_Crew']Is it the original or a replacement? Most people with original units RRoDed.[/QUOTE]

It's a replacement. Got it in early 2007. Still thought, I want an HDMI port. I'll probably give my old one to my girlfriend.

[quote name='Morphine']Can some1 answer my question, please. Roughly how much will it cost me to upgrade it to a Pro version? I googled it and it says around $160, which is almost the sameprice as the Pro, weird

Hmmm. Good point. That would make the PS3 a better deal even after the $100 off, because that getup doesn't even include Blu-ray.

Buy HD cables off ebay for around $5
Hard Drives you can also get off ebay for cheap but make sure they're OEM
I wouldn't bother with the Microsoft headsets, they're shit, especially the wired ones. With the extra money you've saved from ebay, invest in some turtle beaches. :)

But I already have a PS3, I need a 360 but dont know if to get this or wait for the Pro to go on sale

[quote name='Morphine']But I already have a PS3, I need a 360 but dont know if to get this or wait for the Pro to go on sale[/QUOTE]
60gb hd is like $89 on amazon use your credit it will be same thingd

[quote name='Morphine']But I already have a PS3, I need a 360 but dont know if to get this or wait for the Pro to go on sale[/QUOTE]

Well, BF is coming and Amazon usually has promos on consoles. Last year they had some higher end consoles on special, either with discounts or including a shitload of free games/accessories.

I use an elite now. But I still have my Launch Pro system. No RROD ever. That'll go on ebay as soon as I get this from amazon (to be use as a back up for my elite).

FYI, I believe (not possitive) all the units with internal memory come with the jasper chip set. And I think the amazon units have the 256 internal memory.
Actually when these first came out, the pro system still had the old falcon chip set, but the arcades had the jasper. So I'm guessing (hoping) we'll all be getting jasper.

Well this is a pretty damn good deal especially if you shop at amazon alot. Don't know if I'd wait till later because you really never know. If I was in the market for my first 360, I'd be extremely happy with this deal. You can always use the giftcard for some exclusives.

ALSO, the code is no good after this year.

And you will be sent the code I think 7 days after your order has shipped. Which could be a couple weeks if you use free shipping.
So make sure you want to spend $100 in Decmeber. Not too tough for most people at this time of the year.

Hmm, to use my $30 console code(dead trade-in promo) or not. Not really interested in a second 360 but I could get rid of the old one and break about even. Any suggestions?

I've got a $30 promo code. I just got my 360 back from being repaired for the 2nd time and it is only under even the extended warranty for another 90 days. I think I'll get this and try to sell my old one.

bread's done
Back