Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Just make sure you bought it with $199.98 price tag otherwise you are not qualified for a 100 gift card. The promo mentioned $199.98.

[quote name='SCDallas']Item(s) Subtotal: $199.99
Shipping & Handling: $9.48
Super Saver Discount: -$9.48
-----
Total Before Tax: $199.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $199.99[/QUOTE]

This is what is SHOULD look like:

Items: $199.99
Lightning Deal: -$0.01
pixel-grey._V47081715_.gif

Total Before Tax: $199.98
transparent-pixel._V42752373_.gif

Order Total: $199.98

[quote name='OmniscientlyMe']Anyone that still has a trade-in promo code for consoles could seriously bank on this[/QUOTE]

Cha-ching!
lightning deal - promo - credit balance = cheapass jasper arcade

[quote name='Eclipse3EB']Hmm... Did anyone who clicked the lightning deal NOT get the 199.98 price, but the 199.99 price?
Item(s) Subtotal: $199.99
-----
-----
Grand Total:
$199.99

Does this mean something went wrong for me?[/QUOTE]

I have this same problem. I think we're screwed.

I got $199.99 as well (ordered within a second of it going live). I'm calling Amazon right now. I'll post my results in the next 10 minutes to 1 hour...depending on customer service response time :oldman:

Mine doesnt have the Lightning deal 1 penny off promo for some reason. I used my 5$ Uncharted code on Gears of War so maybe thats why. I emailed them to make sure.

Item(s) Subtotal: $217.98 Shipping & Handling: $10.47 Super Saver Discount: -$10.47 Promotion Applied: -$5.00 ----- Total Before Tax: $212.98 Estimated Tax: $0.00 ----- Grand Total: $212.98

[quote name='CheapyD']I recorded it...deal ended at 1 minute and 38 seconds.[/QUOTE]

Still in stock at walmart.com. Not much of a price match if you ask me.

[quote name='Eclipse3EB']Hmm... Did anyone who clicked the lightning deal NOT get the 199.98 price, but the 199.99 price?
-----
-----
Grand Total:
$199.99

Does this mean something went wrong for me?[/QUOTE]

I have this same problem. I think we're screwed.

I got $199.99 as well (ordered within a second of it going live). I'm calling Amazon right now. I'll post my results in the next 10 minutes to 1 hour...depending on customer service response time :oldman:

This is why I have Amazon on my speed-dial.

Item(s) Subtotal: $199.99 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 Lightning Deal: -$0.01 ----- Total Before Tax: $199.98 Estimated Tax: $0.00 ----- Grand Total: $199.98

Wow, mine is already in the "shipping soon" phase. Got the .98 one right as it became available.

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed.

[quote name='pluto6']Have to purchase at the time.

And - did not sell out as fast as I thought. It was available for about 4 munites unlike other deals where they were gone within seconds of going live...[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure as long as you have added it to your cart while the deal was live, and the special price is shown, as well as the "lightning deal" is still shown, the user is still golden. But they have until the end of the day...

Promotion Applied: -$30.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $169.99
-----
Grand Total: $169.99

I dont like it.... I think I got screwed too. I emailed amazon almost immediately but I doubt they will reply soon enough.. Has anyone called them?

Got one. Don't need it, but it will come in handy when my 360 red rings.

-----
Total Before Tax: $199.98 Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total:
$199.98

[quote name='CheapyD']I recorded it...deal ended at 1 minute and 38 seconds.[/QUOTE]

Still in stock at walmart.com. Not much of a price match if you ask me.

I changed my payment method from using all my gift certificate money to my credit card and I think I screwed myself out of the deal :(

Fired off an email to customer service to cover my bases on the $100...

Mine doesnt have the Lightning deal 1 penny off promo for some reason. I used my 5$ Uncharted code on Gears of War so maybe thats why. I emailed them to make sure.

Item(s) Subtotal: $217.98 Shipping & Handling: $10.47 Super Saver Discount: -$10.47 Promotion Applied: -$5.00 ----- Total Before Tax: $212.98 Estimated Tax: $0.00 ----- Grand Total: $212.98

Promotion Applied: -$30.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $169.99
-----
Grand Total: $169.99

I dont like it.... I think I got screwed too. I emailed amazon almost immediately but I doubt they will reply soon enough.. Has anyone called them?

Well this is fucking great, now im going to have to fight it out online with the non-early birds...

[quote name='sunnysky']On free shipping, my Estimated shipping date is 11/12. Not bad compared to how slow they ship Blu Rays with free shipping.[/QUOTE]
Really? Where do you find that info? The only thing I see is "delivery estimate: November 20, 2009 - November 30, 2009"

I shot off an e-mail to them, as I clicked the goldbox deal add to cart link, and it does not show the -.01 on my invoice, plus the system is already "Shipping Soon". They better honor this for those who got in.

----- Total Before Tax: $199.98
----- Grand Total: $199.98

looks like i got lucky with it. It's a second xbox 360 for my gf's house so I get to keep the 100 store credit while she pays for it =]

how does the promotional code work exactly?

is it a one time use code for $100 of a purchase??? or can it be used multiple times till the balance is exhausted, or applied to your account to use like a gift certificate?

seems if anyone used a promotion code (trade in, ones for buying other games etc) it messed up the Lighting Deal in their system.

Was able to snag one. The deal went fast but not narly as fast as some of the Video Game DotD's. After all my credit it ended up costing me $72.xx out of pocket + $100 promo code. Now I have to get my old system packed up and take it to GS when they open :).

EDIT: For those worried, as others say, you must make sure that your order says, "Lightning Deal: -$0.01" if it does then you are safe. Mine does. :) :) :)

I called and it will reflect $199.98 in your cart if you got the deal. The one cent discount is your way of knowing if you got the lightning deal, or just a regular arcade.

mine said i had the lightning deal in my cart, so i rushed to checkout immediately. now it isnt reflecting the deal so i fired off an email as well. my timestamp on my confirmation email from them was dated as only 39 seconds past the hour. so i know i got in and they better damn well honor this.

tem(s) Subtotal: $199.99 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Lightning Deal: -$0.01 ----- Total Before Tax: $199.98 Sales tax: $0.00 Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $75.00 ----- Total for this Shipment: $124.98

[quote name='Xerosaber']mine said i had the lightning deal in my cart, so i rushed to checkout immediately. now it isnt reflecting the deal so i fired off an email as well. my timestamp on my confirmation email from them was dated as only 39 seconds past the hour. so i know i got in and they better damn well honor this.[/QUOTE]

yep mine says 9:00:51

mine said i had the lightning deal in my cart, so i rushed to checkout immediately. now it isnt reflecting the deal so i fired off an email as well. my timestamp on my confirmation email from them was dated as only 39 seconds past the hour. so i know i got in and they better damn well honor this.

i think what may have screwed it up is that i had some stuff in my cart from earlier. two CDs, the Dethklok albums. i got a promo code saying i get 1 dollar off for an mp3 purchase. i swear if they try to say i can't combine promos and count that as a combination, i am cancelling prime and my 1000 in preorders.

[quote name='dizee']seems if anyone used a promotion code (trade in, ones for buying other games etc) it messed up the Lighting Deal in their system.[/QUOTE]

No. I didn't have any promotion codes, clicked on the lightning deal, and was in for $199.99. I already cancelled. Not worth fighting them for, since I already have 2 and this was going to be a backup/media extender for another room.

Alright I called Amazon:

CANCEL YOUR ORDER IF IT SHOWS $199.99!! YOU DID NOT GET THE LIGHTNING DEAL!!!

She said even though I put it in my cart, because I didn't check out until after it was sold out, the lightning deal does NOT remain valid in your cart if the stock sells out before you check out.

I canceled my order before I even got off the phone with the rep. I'm going to Wal-mart (7:30 right now) and then I'll come back to Amazon for round 2 if WM doesn't have any left...

Hey, my amazon goldbox quickpicks just updated right now.

Xbox 360 60GB LIVE Starter Pack

$85.02 (15% off)

I don't need the starter pack, but I thought people on this forum buying their first 360 might be interested. Just scroll down under the goldbox deals and see if it's one of the items in your quickpics section if you're interested. It's only like $5 off but every little bit helps i guess.

[quote name='JCally']I called and it will reflect $199.98 in your cart if you got the deal. The one cent discount is your way of knowing if you got the lightning deal, or just a regular arcade.[/QUOTE]

Whats stupid is it showed the "special Price" in my cart, but when I checked out it changed. :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

D'oh!!!! I wasn't gonna go to Walmart just to see they were sold out but I would have gotten this for sure. Now I feel like a penis for paying my bills early, I has nothing till next week.... :'( Damn you Space Ghost!

So my order confirmation looks like this: Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $199.99
------
Total for this Order: $199.99

Spoke to someone in Customer Service and he read the terms of the deal. Basically He said as long as you placed it within the alloted time and you placed it through the lightning deal you are qualified for the promo and that it will not show on check out. I politely asked him to add notes on the account stating I would get the 100 dollar credit. He did it right away. So it may help if you guys called in and did this too. gl!

On phone with CSR now, my email confirmation is timestamped 0900, and I didn't get the deal. I'll update with what they tell me.

They should honor it for orders who had promo codes already in their accounts. If they dont i wont be buying it lol.

hey, i have the xbox at checkout showing the 199.98 final price, but I'm probably not going to get it does anyone who missed out want to send me $100 Paypal (after fees), and I'll have it shipped straight to you with 2 day Prime shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

[quote name='dizee']seems if anyone used a promotion code (trade in, ones for buying other games etc) it messed up the Lighting Deal in their system.[/QUOTE]

I had $27 worth of promo credit and $100 in Trade-In credit and I still got the deal. So I dont think that this is the reason for the errors.

bread's done
Back