Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ed_']Are the boards screwy or just my iPhone? I keep seeing double and triple posts... o_0[/QUOTE]

Ive been noticing the same thing, your not alone...

Will wait to see what the response via e-mail is. Mine is already ready to ship so I could not cancel now If I wanted to. it will stay sealed until i get my $100 credit, or it will go back

Mine says it'll ship NOv 12... but amazon usually loves to lie about this, it sends it out sooner.
I trust amazon not to screw us out of this, I really do.

[quote name='CaptDS9E']Will wait to see what the response via e-mail is. Mine is already ready to ship so I could not cancel now If I wanted to. it will stay sealed until i get my $100 credit, or it will go back[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunnysky']This has nothing to do with people using codes. Unless you completed your checkout in only a few seconds, you likely got screwed.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it has to do with that, either. I added one to my cart right away, but didn't check out until about 9:15 since I'm getting this for someone else and wanted to check that they still wanted it. My order still shows the $0.01 Lightning Deal discount.

Item(s) Subtotal: $199.99
Shipping & Handling: $9.48
Super Saver Discount: -$9.48
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$30.00
Lightning Deal: -$0.01
-----
Total Before Tax: $139.98
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $139.98

So I called Amazon twice and spoke to two separate Reps, both said that unless I had the 199.98 total, I didn't get in on the deal, even though I finalized everything, including checkout, under 40 seconds. So thanks for not helping Amazon, Wal-Mart will get my business. YMMV on them honoring the $100 promotion.

I'm sending them an e-mail that states the following:

I was upset that Amazon did not honor my order for the Xbox 360 Arcade system with promotional $100 gift card. I added this to my cart through the GoldBox not even 5 seconds after the sale went live, then I checked out within 20 seconds of placing it in my cart. According to your website, the deal was over at a little under 2 minutes, which is why I don't understand why I did not get in on this deal. Other people, including myself, had an issue of being charged 199.99 instead of 199.98, even when they placed their orders before the sale ended. They successfully called Amazon representatives and were honored the deal. I called twice, seeing if Amazon would honor the deal for me, but no one would help me. I then canceled my order and went to Wal-Mart since they had a similar promotion. I do not understand why you were honoring some people, but not myself. I would like a follow-up e-mail explaining why this happened.

i've tried everything, changing shipping address, adding stuff to my cart, logging in on different browsers/computers, I cant get it to show at checkout, but it still in my cart.

i got 199.99 as well, although i used 1-click buy within first second the deal went live.

just got an email back from csr:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry that you were not able to apply this promotional offer to your order before it entered the shipping process. Unfortunately, I'm unable to apply special discounts to items once the order is complete. I'm sorry if this was unclear at the time you placed your order.

The Xbox 360 were 100% claimed but you're welcome to try ordering again at noon.

If you decide you'd like to return your order given the circumstances, I understand. Visit our website to learn more about our returns policy:

=====

looks like i've been robbed from the deal :(

I guess I got lucky by not checking out until 9:38. It still showed up when I checked out and it still shows the discount in my invoice. WOOT!

So I will just let it play out and see if I get the $100 code or not. If not I won't even bother opening the box and just send it back to Amazon.

[quote name='surlung']i got 199.99 as well, although i used 1-click buy within first second the deal went live.

just got an email back from csr:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry that you were not able to apply this promotional offer to your order before it entered the shipping process. Unfortunately, I'm unable to apply special discounts to items once the order is complete. I'm sorry if this was unclear at the time you placed your order.

The Xbox 360 were 100% claimed but you're welcome to try ordering again at noon.

If you decide you'd like to return your order given the circumstances, I understand. Visit our website to learn more about our returns policy:

=====

looks like i've been robbed from the deal :([/QUOTE]

Wow. That's pretty F***ed up. I guess one click is worthless as well.

I think I got it. I'm on my phone too so it took its sweet ass time. Then I had to sign in and then removed something I has in there previously. My email says I got the 1 cent discount woohoo!

Thanks CAGS.

I think the people who got 199.99 (like my gf) AND got a followup email after calling customer service have a great chance of getting the 100 gift card.

As for others, it's gonna be a pain in the ass to deal with cs (and amazon is better than most) so just cancel and try again at 12:00 EST

UGH! My order did not say lightening deal. So I just called. They refused to give me the credit even though it shows that I made the purchase during the lightening deal.

So I just canceled my order.

[quote name='dizee']Did you apply a code to your order or was in on your account already? I applied the code to my account at the checkout page so maybe that is why.[/QUOTE]

The promo credit and gift card credit was already in my account. Sorry I think I miss understood what you were saying. I think people were trying to use the $30 Console Credit Code and such and since those specifically state that they cannot be combined with other offer (they do if I remember correctly) then it exnays the current promo. Since you cannot take back the code once applied you dont get the new promo.

[quote name='CheapyD']relive the excitement: http://www.vimeo.com/7486542[/QUOTE]

You know as the countdown was happening I was thinking of all the people glued to the computer. LOL The past 2 months have been utter madness. Pandamonium in the street as well as the wallet. This past year for gaming \deals has to be one of the best I have seen in many many years.

Everyone who got screwed over, send Amazon an e-mail something similar to what I sent:

I was upset that Amazon did not honor my order for the Xbox 360 Arcade system with promotional $100 gift card. I added this to my cart through the GoldBox not even 5 seconds after the sale went live, then I checked out within 20 seconds of placing it in my cart. According to your website, the deal was over at a little under 2 minutes, which is why I don't understand why I did not get in on this deal. Other people, including myself, had an issue of being charged 199.99 instead of 199.98, even when they placed their orders before the sale ended. They successfully called Amazon representatives and were honored the deal. I called twice, seeing if Amazon would honor the deal for me, but no one would help me. I then canceled my order and went to Wal-Mart since they had a similar promotion. I do not understand why you were honoring some people, but not myself. I would like a follow-up e-mail explaining why this happened.

If enough people do this, maybe they will do something about it.

Wow, like a lot of others, I had it in my cart for $199.98 but final checkout showed $199.99. So I fired off an email asking how to get the deal, before I finalized the order, and CS replied back saying to place the order, and they'd refund $100 when I email them the order number. Sweet!

I love how everyone goes rabid on Amazon if they didn't get in on the deal, or expects some phone support person who gets paid minumum wage or less to have the magic keys to unlock the Lightning Deal price within seconds of the order being placed.

To date, Amazon.com has not willingly or knowingly done the wrong thing. If the allotment they have sold out in seconds, why blame them because you didn't win the deal lottery? Are you all suggesting that maybe a reasonable alternative is that you get a big flashing warning page before you complete your order that says, "Sorry - we sold out already!".

Super sweet that the people who seem to be acting rationally are getting the $100 from them, in the end Amazon may actually lose money on this deal if they are selling out in seconds, and then honoring the price anyway for everyone who speaks up and asks nicely what the heck happened in the shopping cart!

For the record, response to a gold box/lightning deal has never brought the servers at Amazon.com down.

~software is not infallible when it's written by humans.

[quote name='AuchTober']I love how everyone goes rabid on Amazon if they didn't get in on the deal, or expects some phone support person who gets paid minumum wage or less to have the magic keys to unlock the Lightning Deal Keys. To date, Amazon.com has not willingly or knowingly done the wrong thing. If the allotment they have sold out in seconds, why blame them because you didn't win the deal lottery? Are you all suggesting that maybe a reasonable alternative is that you get a big flashing warning page before you complete your order that says, "Sorry - we sold out already!".

For the record, response to a gold box/lightning deal has never brought the servers at Amazon.com down.[/QUOTE]

If the deal is sold out, it shouldn't let you checkout after adding the deal to your cart.

I got the amazon deal in my cart immediately, it flipped to 199.98. Then in my invoice 199.99. Canceled it, called my mom who was in Walmart, she was able to pick up a 360 (last one left.)

I win.

I woke up too late for Walmart, so I'll give this a shot in 4 hours and 30 minutes when it's supposed to go up again. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']If the deal is sold out, it shouldn't let you checkout after adding the deal to your cart.[/QUOTE]

it lets you check out but without the promotion applied on the final page. after all the item is still for sale on the site.

I agree, and amazon has never disappoint me.
I just wish it was a bit more clear if we did in fact get the gift card.

I just got off the phone with the customer service rep. Seems I have to wait 24 -48 hours till somebody responds cause its NOT a business day. I was very polite and chose not to make a big fuzz.

I'm waiting to see if they'll send me an email since I also sent them one, but so far no reply.

[quote name='AuchTober']I love how everyone goes rabid on Amazon if they didn't get in on the deal, or expects some phone support person who gets paid minumum wage or less to have the magic keys to unlock the Lightning Deal Keys. To date, Amazon.com has not willingly or knowingly done the wrong thing. If the allotment they have sold out in seconds, why blame them because you didn't win the deal lottery? Are you all suggesting that maybe a reasonable alternative is that you get a big flashing warning page before you complete your order that says, "Sorry - we sold out already!".

For the record, response to a gold box/lightning deal has never brought the servers at Amazon.com down.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RobotSimp']it lets you check out but without the promotion applied on the final page. after all the item is still for sale on the site.[/QUOTE]

this is incorrect. the way amazon gold box/lightning deals work is you get it locked in as soon as its in your cart and have all day to order it. people have confirmed they were able to order it after the deal was sold out if it was already in their cart. there is some other glitch going on here, can't figure out what it is though.

@AuchTober I'm not blaming them for selling out. Many of us got in right away when the button popped up, our confirmation e-mails are time stamped way before they did sell out. That is the problem for a few of us.

[quote name='CaptDS9E']@AuchTober I'm not blaming them for selling out. Many of us got in right away when the button popped up, our confirmation e-mails are time stamped way before they did sell out. That is the problem for a few of us.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I think the frustration here is mostly because of uncertainty. Walmart.com makes it very clear that you are getting a gift card. There is a certain page, and even lets you customize the gift card. At Amazon, it's like a bad choose-your-own-adventure novel.

"You see the Xbox 360 appear in the Gold Box. You...
-->Add to cart right away.
Then you...
-->Checkout immediately.
Success! You placed your order. But...
Oh, no! You realize after your order is final your invoice shows you paid $199.99. What is your next step?
-->Contact Amazon.
Bad ending: Amazon tells you only those with $199.98 invoices get the credit. TOO BAD, YOU LOSE!

Please come back at 3EST to choose a new path and see what destiny awaits you!"

My path was the "add to cart right away, still haven't checked out because it shows $199.99" route.

[quote name='porieux']You have an hour AFAIK, not all day.[/QUOTE]

nah, you have until like 10 pm, its the same every time- its still showing in my cart as the discount too. I've gotten many items out of gold box and didnt check out till late at night(after they were long sold out). There is some other glitch.

I haven't seen a core unit in along time I thought the new cores came with a game or 2. If it is just a core arcade are these the older arcades non jasper. Xbox360 has so many I am a little confused.

After reading the T&C carefully, looks like I won't be able to get another $100 if I ordered a second one @ noon today. Oh well. Good luck all!

I'm kinda glad I didn't stick around for this. Sounds like a bit of a cluster. I strolled into Walmart at 8 am and was handed a ticket. Of course I did wait around for about 1.5 hours in line which was the crappy part. oh well. made some nice conversation with the people in front of me to pass the time.

I'll be trying for the amazon deal at noon nonetheless.

[quote name='Ace2001']Don't cancel anything yet boys and girls! My confirmation order showed up at $199.99 with no mention of the lightning deal. I just got off the phone with Amazon & they confirmed that I qualified for the $100 gift card. They even sent me a confirmation email after I spoke to them:

Hello, I looked into your order and can confirm $100 of promotional funds were applied to this order. it will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. Restrictions apply, as set forth in the Terms and Conditions below Terms and Conditions: * Limit one promotional code per household.* Promotional code is only valid until 11:59pm PST on 12/31/2009.* Each promotional code can only be redeemed once into a customer's account.* Once redeemed, the full or remaining credit can be applied to a customer's future orders until the full amount is consumed or the promotion code expires.* Promotional code cannot be used to pay for gift-wrap, taxes, or shipping and handling charges.* Promotional code may not be combined with other offers in the same order. Generally, only one promotional code may be used per order.* Offer is not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.* Offer cannot be applied to orders already placed with Amazon.com.* Offer is not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.* Offer cannot be applied to orders already placed with Amazon.com.* If you return items purchased using a promotional code, you will not receive a refund for the amount of the offer.* Promotional code must be redeemed at our Web site, http://www.amazon.com, toward the purchase of by products sold by Amazon.com as the seller. If Amazon.com is not the seller, it will be noted on the product detail page.* Offer good while supplies last. Void where prohibited. Amazon reserves the right to cancel at any time[/QUOTE]

Just talked to the rep and was pretty much told the same thing... 7 days after shipped I will receive the code.

Same $199.99 issue here despite having clicked on the lightning add to cart link the second it became active. Still, after having contacted Amazon it's clear that I'll still get the promotional code in seven days time. At least, that's what Brandy, the person I spoke to on the phone, told me.

My story:

When the countdown timer hit zero, I immediately added to cart, logged back in (amazon requires to do so) and speedily checked out. I looked at the invoice and it had the $199.99 price with no lightning deal discount. I had about $70 in trade in credit which brought the price down to $130. Read some posts that the $199.99 orders would not be eligible for the discount so I canceled. I then walk into the other room and my brother asks me if I got one, I angrily told him no. He said he had one in his cart but didn't really want one for $199.98. He checked out and I paid him $200 cash. Still would've preferred to use my $70.26 account credit on the 360, but I guess I can save that plus the $100 promo code which can give me something to buy from the BF sales. I think this is a better deal than Wal-Mart anyway because anything I buy from Amazon is tax free. GL to all those who got one, I'm going back to sleep. I'll probably wake back up at 3 PM EST just to see how fast the next sale sells out. :D

I don't understand why they're giving some people the benefit of the doubt and screwing others. This is mostly why I am pissed. I still got in on the deal over at walmart.com, but it still irks me even though, deep down, it seems silly to be upset.

[quote name='caltab']nah, you have until like 10 pm, its the same every time- its still showing in my cart as the discount too. I've gotten many items out of gold box and didnt check out till late at night(after they were long sold out). There is some other glitch.[/QUOTE]

Hm I've def seen the price change after an hour. Maybe it's different with Quick Picks.

[quote name='caltab']this is incorrect. the way amazon gold box/lightning deals work is you get it locked in as soon as its in your cart and have all day to order it. people have confirmed they were able to order it after the deal was sold out if it was already in their cart. there is some other glitch going on here, can't figure out what it is though.[/QUOTE]
Why would you want to wait? Why even chance it?

I just called customer service again and this time (a very friendly and helpful) rep told me that if your order did not show the lightning deal discount then you will not be getting the $100GC, despite what the previous CSR said to me and what others are saying about Amazon honoring the $100GC.

Anyways, had my order canceled and will try again in a few hours. =)

[quote name='InvaderZim']Just talked to the rep and was pretty much told the same thing... 7 days after shipped I will receive the code.[/QUOTE]

Guy I talked to said he was sending it to marketing and I'd receive an email 24-48 hours later.

I'm a bit confused.

[quote name='porieux']Hm I've def seen the price change after an hour. Maybe it's different with Quick Picks.[/QUOTE]

Quick Picks last only an hour. Lightning deals last until the end of day. I don't know when exactly (10 or 12 PM PST maybe?), but as long as you don't delete it from your cart, you're eligible. That's why I don't select a Quick Pick until I'm 100% certain & ready to checkout.

bread's done
Back