Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptDS9E']Seems no one over there knows really whats going on. I bet it all gets fixed correctly.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but I'm wondering if I should cancel and try again with the next one.

I think CheapyD should use his awesome internet celebrity power to get amazon to honor this deal, in the event that they do not.

[quote name='Doomtime']That many people want a dvd player? Almost gone 3 minutes in.[/QUOTE]

I saw the claim read 91%, refreshed, read 73% claimed, refreshed, read 92% claimed, refreshed, read 91% claimed, refreshed, read 92% claimed, refreshed, read 100% claimed. :lol:

Edit: Refreshed, claim now reads 99%. lol

[quote name='Reira']Quick Picks last only an hour. Lightning deals last until the end of day. I don't know when exactly (10 or 12 PM PST maybe?), but as long as you don't delete it from your cart, you're eligible. That's why I don't select a Quick Pick until I'm 100% certain & ready to checkout.[/QUOTE]

You can actually get your Quick Picks all day even if you add one to your cart as soon as they show up. You have 60 minutes to check out before the price goes back to normal. After the 60 minutes, just remove it and add it again from QPs. I've done this before when I wasn't sure of the rollover time (for new QPs) and wasn't ready to order yet.

But once you place an order, all other QPs are dead. Hope that helps.

I'm still trying to figure out why people are getting so excited about this deal. I have seen refurbished 60g and 120G systems for under $200. I would rather have one of these have the RROD fixed than spend $99 picked up a HD for another $99 and other accessories. Am I missing something?

Those people who are being told that you got the promo- even though your order says $199.99 are being lied to. I spoke to 5 different amazon people and demanded to talk to a supervisor or the head person in charge. They finally put me through. I talked to him- he put me on hold- came back and said- sorry you aren't going to be getting the promotion.

I told him that my cart showed the $199.98 and lightening deal promotion until I chose the shipping method. Then my cart changed price to $199.99 and the lightening deal was no longer mentioned. I told him I have screen shots to prove it. He still said sorry- can't give you the promotion and then he went and canceled my order.

Their servers should tell us something sold out. They should not allow us to go through the checkout process and then CHANGE or order or the cost of the order- while we are checking out.

He said try again at 12. Ugh! I love amazon and have never had a problem until now. I am rather disappointed too.

[quote name='pun123']I'm still trying to figure out why people are getting so excited about this deal. I have seen refurbished 60g and 120G systems for under $200. I would rather have one of these have the RROD fixed than spend $99 picked up a HD for another $99 and other accessories. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

I see you posted the same thing on the Wal-Mart thread.

IMO, I think people rather buy a new system than a used/refurbished.

I'm not going to read through 20 pages of posts to see what everyone is bitching about when I'm not interested in the deal, but I was fiddling with the dvd player deal a few minutes ago and if you ordered the item from product page and not the gold box page, you didn't get the gold box discount (I went to the product page 2 seconds after the deal went active to see what model it was...No HDMI...No Sale)....you only got that if you clicked through the gold box page, so if folks pre-loaded their carts, I wouldn't be surprised that they didn't get the discount.

[quote name='pun123']I'm still trying to figure out why people are getting so excited about this deal. I have seen refurbished 60g and 120G systems for under $200. I would rather have one of these have the RROD fixed than spend $99 picked up a HD for another $99 and other accessories. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Nope, we are all crazy CAGs who love wasting money. lol jk

With 360's i think it's nice to have jaspers and not be refurbished. Many of us already have extra hard drives and are buying these 360 arcades as backup 360's. Microsoft manufactures a product that constantly breaks but it's a great product.

Do you all own PS3 too. I would rather put the money towards PS3. I have 2 PS3s and use them a lot more than my 360. I just read may articles this week about many people making the shift this year to the PS3 not because it is a great home entertainment system, but because of the great games.

yeah, most people are wanting the Arcade because it has a Jasper, which is more reliable than earlier released systems.

Also, I know a lot of people are doing this because they want to flip the Arcade for close to what they paid for it (or maybe more, if they had a bunch of amazon credit built up) and keep the $100 Amazon for themselves. A lot of people have said they got it for like $160 after credit and I know they could sell it for that on Craigslist pretty easy. At least I would think so..

Gifts for Christmas and $100 GCs for themselves. Cheap replacement with $100 GC to boot, uhh cheap back-up with $100 GC, Jasper system with $100 GC, people buying them, keeping the GC and selling the Arcade system for a little cheaper to get a cheap GC. Any more needed?

Why do you assume people need a HD or accessories?

[quote name='pun123']Do you all own PS3 too. I would rather put the money towards PS3. I have 2 PS3s and use them a lot more than my 360. I just read may articles this week about many people making the shift this year to the PS3 not because it is a great home entertainment system, but because of the great games.[/QUOTE]

This thread is about the Xbox 360 we don't give a flying crap about the PS3. Quit trolling.

[quote name='pun123']Do you all own PS3 too. I would rather put the money towards PS3. I have 2 PS3s and use them a lot more than my 360. I just read may articles this week about many people making the shift this year to the PS3 not because it is a great home entertainment system, but because of the great games.[/QUOTE]

I own a PS3, and yeah its a great system, but one article you read online doesn't make it true. Now I'm not going against the PS3, but majority says 360 is better. I'm not going by my opinion, its just what most people think. And I think we should end it at that, I don't want to see another flame war ignite over which console is better.

I don't own a PS3.. Mostly I play online and the majority of people I know, even who also own a PS3, own and play XBox 360 online. It may just be my region-- The online PS3 community is not strong here. Most people own it to play Blu-Ray or to have it as a toy..

There are great games on the PS3?!

[quote name='pun123']Do you all own PS3 too. I would rather put the money towards PS3. I have 2 PS3s and use them a lot more than my 360.[/QUOTE]
...but you have a 20,000 gamerscore and only four trophies. I must be missing something.

[quote name='weaselbelly']There are great games on the PS3?![/QUOTE]
Uncharted and Uncharted 2 are awesome. GOW3 looks ridiculous.

But seriously, isn't CAG above all the PS3>360>PS3 talk?

Any idea if we have it in our cart right now for special price of 199.98 that we can check out when the deal is starts again later today?

[quote name='Jake77444']Why do so many people have -$30.00 promotion? Whats this from?[/QUOTE]

Trade in program

[quote name='simmias']...but you have a 20,000 gamerscore and only four trophies. I must be missing something.[/QUOTE]

HA! No Joke!! The score don't lie!!

[quote name='K_G']I'm not going to read through 20 pages of posts to see what everyone is bitching about when I'm not interested in the deal, but I was fiddling with the dvd player deal a few minutes ago and if you ordered the item from product page and not the gold box page, you didn't get the gold box discount (I went to the product page 2 seconds after the deal went active to see what model it was...No HDMI...No Sale)....you only got that if you clicked through the gold box page, so if folks pre-loaded their carts, I wouldn't be surprised that they didn't get the discount.[/QUOTE]

the stopped selling the non hdmi system a long time ago.

[quote name='41down']dont really feel going through 20 pages...how fast did they sell out?[/QUOTE]

for amazon, roughly 1 min and 48 secs

[quote name='simmias']...but you have a 20,000 gamerscore and only four trophies. I must be missing something.[/QUOTE]

maybe he's trolling.

I mean, who actually asks why you would get a $99 (effective) new xbox when you can get a $200 refurbished xbox?

Ahhh damn I passed up the Walmart deal b/c with adding a 120gb HD, taxes, and gas it was gonna end up about $270...now this.

I STILL have my original Pro I got at launch! It has NEVER RROD'd but I know its days has to be few even though there have been no signs of problems at all so far...never anything wrong with it.

With this deal I could get the system for $190 b/c I have $10 credit from Dragon Age. Then come 11/10 and 11/17 I will have another $30 credit from MW2 and AC2. I could get the 60gb pack with an extra headset and 3 months of live for $90 and have $40 extra in credit...or I could get the 120gb HD for $135-$130 credit...just $5 (plus it includes the data transfer cable). I could get a jasper Arcade + 120GB HD for $195 total...very tempting. I wish the arcade still had the chrome disc tray tho, not a biggie but still disappointing haha!

I have a few questions if any could answer though...are these units for sure Jasper units? Also, does purchasing a unit now days still include the MS extended warranty due to RROD or is it back to the basic 1 year manuf warranty?

Just curious how these deals work. Im relatively new to Amazon and this is my first 'lightning deal' how do I go about doing this at 3?

I can also confirm I left it in my cart and didn't checkout until it was sold out but still got the discount.

Subtotal of Items: $199.99
Shipping & Handling: $9.48
Super Saver Discount: -$9.48
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$30.00
Lightning Deal: -$0.01
------ Total: $159.98

Given that the $10 was free since I had already had a CS apply it to an order (but they forgot to take the code out of my cart), I had the $30 promo code I wasn't even planning on using and that an Amazon GC is as good as cash to me... I got a Jasper 360 for $60, an insane deal. The GF can use the old one on a different TV for streaming Netflix and I can use the new one without being so worried about it dying.

just go to the lighning deals site and wait for the countdown to hit zero and hit add to cart the second it shows up. you buy it like anything else on amazon and a week later you get $100 credit added to your amazon account

[quote name='simmias']

But seriously, isn't CAG above all the PS3>360>PS3 talk?[/QUOTE]

I think CAGs should be beyond this idiotic debate. I never completely understood it. I love my 360. I love my ps3. I like my wii a lot too. I'm happy I bought them all. Now the people who got this amazon deal like me are happy to buy another 360 so cheap. Why does this stuff have to be debated?:bouncy:

At 3pm EST go to the gold box page - you'll see the lightning deal live on the right side. Hit the claim code button and finish the checkout - the price will be $199.98 (only 1 cent off). After you complete your order, they'll send you the promo code within 7 days later for $100 off.

[quote name='41down']can we use our eca discounts on this? sorry im sure its been asked a million times.[/QUOTE]

I was going to sarcastically post this earlier.

But uh... you beat me to it.

I got a reply from Amazon. Seems I was not eligible for the gift card. I guess I'll cancel and try again with the next offer.... though I dont think I'll get it.
I dont understand about people who let it sit on their cart......seems a bit rubbish to me. Good for them, but unfair for the rest of us.

(by the way, I'm buying this as my first xbox 360, not replacement or secondary console)

[quote name='confoosious']I was going to sarcastically post this earlier.

But uh... you beat me to it.[/QUOTE]

well looks like you managed to be sarcastic anyway. thanks.

I went to my Wal-Mart (Richland, MI) at 9:45 and they still had 2 systems on the rack. I didn't pick one up since I didn't want to spend the time to flip it for a profit. I wonder how much these will end up selling on eBay since I expect a flood of them to show up very soon.

Not that Microsoft minds one bit...

if you are on your computer say 5 minutes before the deal starts and hit add to cart at exact second the timer runs out don't see how you can't get one. thats what i did worked fine

[quote name='el swordo']if you are on your computer say 5 minutes before the deal starts and hit add to cart at exact second the timer runs out don't see how you can't get one. thats what i did worked fine[/QUOTE]

it can and has happened a lot. if tens of thousands of people are all clicking at the same second, it's just a matter of luck and internet speed.

Wet PS3 ligthning deal sold out in

Thanks OP for saving me a unwanted trip to walmart. Amazon all the way.

Whats the deal with xbox 360s? They aren't shaped like X's. The boxes are rectangular. The consoles are rectangular. They should call them rectangular box 360s.

That's gold Jerry. Gold!

[quote name='confoosious']it can and has happened a lot. if tens of thousands of people are all clicking at the same second, it's just a matter of luck and internet speed.

Wet PS3 ligthning deal sold out in

[quote name='omega999']Did anyone use the $30 off any console promo from the last Amazon trade in deal?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Canceled my $199.99 fake lightning deal, went to Wal-mart, showed up at 7:40, was perhaps 9th in line, they had about 20, walked out at 8:20 with a 360 and a $100 (physical) Wal-mart gift card for $210. I consider this much better than the Amazon deal of "use this $100 by the end of the year on stuff only sold by us".

Amazon can suck it on this one, Wally was actually good to me for once. Now to hit up Goozex for some cheap Dead Rising, Bioshock, and RE5.

Good luck to all of you that paid $199.99 and try to get the $100, I sincerely hope you get it. For me, I didn't want to wait 7 days AFTER shipping to find out that I have to fight for my deal, I'm happy paying $10 more in tax to have my 360 sitting on the kitchen table this morning and a $100 gift card in my pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm gonna say that the next one later today should last for about 3 minutes or so, since a majority of people got one this morning at Walmart and this is the second time around for the gold box deal today...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']i'm gonna say that the next one later today should last for about 3 minutes or so, since a majority of people got one this morning at Walmart and this is the second time around for the gold box deal today...[/QUOTE]

I think it may actually go faster the second time around. A lot of ppl were probably asleep during the first deal, especially those on the West Coast. Not to mention a lot ppl trying to buy on during the first round missed out.

bread's done
Back