Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']dammit, still have mine in my cart. Tempted to buy one, but my PS3 is giving me dirty looks.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: This made my day cause I know I don't need to buy one of these since I pre-ordered the 250 GB MW2 Bundle. I wonder how much they are going to sell the Laptop for at 7 pm?

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']i'm gonna say that the next one later today should last for about 3 minutes or so, since a majority of people got one this morning at Walmart and this is the second time around for the gold box deal today...[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that the other was at 6AM PST (9am EST) and not everyone knew about it then or was even awake. Having another at 12PM PST will bring in a lot more people and thus will likely sell out just as fast. I do think Amazon will make more available this time around to compensate for the larger crowd, and the fact that they screwed up a bit the first time around.

Can anyone verify if the amazon GC has to be used by end of the year or just "redeem" the promo code by end of year to get credit?

Makes a big difference if I am interested.

I just did some checking on Amazon's site, and thought this might be helpful to people:

"Buy an Xbox 360 Arcade at the special promotional price of $199.98 and receive a $100 promotional code usable towards any future purchases of items at our Web site (www.amazon.com) shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. To qualify for the promotional code, you must purchase an Xbox 360 Arcade from the Amazon.com Gold Box on 11/07/2009 during the times it is featured as a Lightning Deal. The Xbox 360 Arcade will be a featured Lighting Deal on 11/07/2009 between 6:00am PST to 7:59am PST and again from 12:00pm PST to 1:59PM PST. Only one (1) promotional code will be sent per household. Promotional codes received as a result of this promotion will expire at 11:59pm PST on 12/31/2009. The promotional code will not be reflected at checkout when you purchase the Xbox 360 Arcade; instead, it will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. Restrictions apply. See details at http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541.

The Gold Box Team"

Also, it is my understanding that it does not lock the price of the item in, it locks the item itself, if still available in your shopping cart once you add an item. The price for gold box deals is sorta like an airline selling 10 seats at 50%, there may be more seats on the plane, but you won't get them at that price.

Hope that helps!

[quote name='cdeener']:rofl: This made my day cause I know I don't need to buy one of these since I pre-ordered the 250 GB MW2 Bundle. I wonder how much they are going to sell the Laptop for at 7 pm?[/QUOTE]

Well they've been matching all of Walmart's prices so far, so I'm guessing it'll be $299 too. The only thing is, the only laptop that matches the few specs mentioned in the Gold Box description is this Dell that's selling for 599: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PY7OK...iveASIN=B002PY7OKI&adid=023B9WECQ3XMQW8NSNWG&

they could sell one that's currently unlisted one I supposed

I just received a response to my e-mail:

"Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you had while placing an order using our website.

In this case, I would ask you to place an order for the item and then contact us again.

Please contact us again using the below link so that we will be able to apply the lightning deal promotion and $100 Amazon promotional credit to your order.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

We look forward to see you again soon."

This was from Sandhya G. So I placed an order and sent out an e-mail. I think I'll be fine, since I have the e-mail as proof that they told me I would be eligible.

[quote name='Reira']I just received a response to my e-mail:

"Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you had while placing an order using our website.

In this case, I would ask you to place an order for the item and then contact us again.

Please contact us again using the below link so that we will be able to apply the lightning deal promotion and $100 Amazon promotional credit to your order.

This was from Sandhya G. So I placed an order and sent out an e-mail. I think I'll be fine, since I have the e-mail as proof that they told me I would be eligible.[/QUOTE]
i wonder if they'll give you $100.01 credits :p

What's with my luck today?
Phone rep told me he was submitting it to marketing group and when they were back on Monday I MIGHT get the card.
Email rep told me to cancel and try again later since I wasn't eligible.

I'm beginning to think I should have just ordered online from Walmart...

[quote name='Reira']I just received a response to my e-mail:

"Hello,

This was from Sandhya G. So I placed an order and sent out an e-mail. I think I'll be fine, since I have the e-mail as proof that they told me I would be eligible.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']Well they've been matching all of Walmart's prices so far, so I'm guessing it'll be $299 too. The only thing is, the only laptop that matches the few specs mentioned in the Gold Box description is this Dell that's selling for 599: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PY7OK...iveASIN=B002PY7OKI&adid=023B9WECQ3XMQW8NSNWG&

they could sell one that's currently unlisted one I supposed[/QUOTE]

Wish they were doing laptop before Xbox again, if the laptop is the one listed in your link I'm jumping all over it.

[quote name='Kerig']Canceled my $199.99 fake lightning deal, went to Wal-mart, showed up at 7:40, was perhaps 9th in line, they had about 20, walked out at 8:20 with a 360 and a $100 (physical) Wal-mart gift card for $210. I consider this much better than the Amazon deal of "use this $100 by the end of the year on stuff only sold by us".[/QUOTE]

I got there a little after 7 and was delightfully informed that they only had FOUR, all of which were spoken for by that time. Same story with the other Walmart 20 minutes away. They were comping Wiis instead, which IMO is a far better deal, but I already have one of those. I was about 6th in line by my count so if they actually had the 10 minimum I would have gotten one. fucking Walmart. :/

So no 360 for me for now, this Lightning Deal from Amazon doesn't seem that hot to me. I'll just have to be content with the three Wii games I got at Target for $30 (Star Wars Force Unleashed, Indiana Jones, Sonic and the Secret Rings).

[quote name='Jauron']Wish they were doing laptop before Xbox again, if the laptop is the one listed in your link I'm jumping all over it.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that could be the laptop. I'd be all over it too.

I'm sure it's more of somethign along the lines of $450 discounted to $299.

[quote name='Kerig']I consider this much better than the Amazon deal of "use this $100 by the end of the year on stuff only sold by us".[/QUOTE]
If Amazon's BF is even half as good as it was last year, I'll easily use it then.

However, I think the deal is that you have to use your promotional code before 12/31/09, at which point you get $100 credit that doesn't expire. The code expires, not the credit, if that makes sense.

[quote name='simmias']However, I think the deal is that you have to use your promotional code before 12/31/09, at which point you get $100 credit that doesn't expire. The code expires, not the credit, if that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Makes total sense, I was sort of thinking that as well but the wording is so vague that it only made the Wal-mart GC that much more appealing.

This is the offending line in particular:

"Once redeemed, the full or remaining credit can be applied to a customer's future orders until the full amount is consumed or the promotion code expires."

[quote name='Kerig']Makes total sense, I was sort of thinking that as well but the wording is so vague that it only made the Wal-mart GC that much more appealing.

This is the offending line in particular:

"Once redeemed, the full or remaining credit can be applied to a customer's future orders until the full amount is consumed or the promotion code expires."[/QUOTE]
Good point about the vagueness of the wording. I still think in practice it's going to mean that just the code expires. I think it's a case where Amazon was trying to add verbiage for more clarity, and just ended up making things more confusing!

Dang...tempting. I've got a 2 year old Falcon that's had some semi-disturbing issues. If this is a Jasper...

Makes me wonder if I should hold out for NEXT year's models though. Surely they'll have 45nm CPUs by late next year? Jasper just shrinks the GPU a second time (80 to 65nm).

Plus no guarantee about the larger hard drive being sold separately.

Well...maybe I'll try to get in, and give mine to a friend if I get it.

Announcement from the Gold Box team:

Amazon.com Gold Box Team says:
In order to qualify for the $100 promotional code, you must purchase an Xbox 360 Arcade from the Amazon.com Gold Box for the promotional price of $199.98 during the times it is featured as a Lightning Deal, while supplies last. The promotional code will not be reflected at checkout when you purchase the Xbox 360 Arcade; instead, the final order confirmation page under "Order Summary" and the order confirmation email will mention "Lightning Deal: -$0.01" and the promotional code will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. Orders that do not contain the message "Lightning Deal: -$0.01" do not qualify for this promotion.

The $100 promotional code is usable towards any future purchases of items at our Web site (www.amazon.com) shipped and sold by Amazon.com. The Xbox 360 Arcade will be a featured Lighting Deal on 11/07/2009 between 6:00am PST to 7:59am PST and again from 12:00pm PST to 1:59PM PST. Only one (1) promotional code will be sent per household. Promotional codes received as a result of this promotion will expire at 11:59pm PST on 12/31/2009. See details at http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541.

The Gold Box Team

Picked up my 360 at Wal-mart today.. was one of the last ones that got one, phew!

Anyhoo, I thought the arcade was supposed to come with free arcade games? I don't see any in my box.. ; ;

What a load of crap. I ordered immediately at 6 AM PST this morning and saw the bar go from 50% to 63% to 100% after ordering. Didn't get the Lightning Deal and gave them a ring. They claim that my order went through at 6:02 AM and the orders ran out at 6:01 AM. Unless they're code isn't able to keep up with the supply that quickly (possible), "Ringo" was giving me a BS line to get me off the phone.

Nice, but I'll pass. With all the stuff the MW2 Elite bundle coming out this month offers, it's a better value than this. Then again, this is a lot closer to $0 than the MW2 bundle. With the growing need for a big hard drive though, the Arcade seems like a death trap for me. Unless you don't care about online, then good deal.

Ah man, I hope I can snag one at 3 PM. I have a $30 credit towards a console I still haven't used and I would hope this would work if I can get lucky enough to click fast enough.

[quote name='sippycupz']Nice, but I'll pass. With all the stuff the MW2 Elite bundle coming out this month offers, it's a better value than this. Then again, this is a lot closer to $0 than the MW2 bundle. With the growing need for a big hard drive though, the Arcade seems like a death trap for me. Unless you don't care about online, then good deal.[/QUOTE]
i was really thinking about the mw2 bundle too, but for 400 bucks i really don't need those controllers and all those extras. better off saving my money.

I think many people are buying this as a backup or replacement system. But still, with the $100 you can always buy the pro pack from Amazon or something and make your Jasper into a Pro for less than $200!

[quote name='shido']Announcement from the Gold Box team:

Amazon.com Gold Box Team says:
In order to qualify for the $100 promotional code, you must purchase an Xbox 360 Arcade from the Amazon.com Gold Box for the promotional price of $199.98 during the times it is featured as a Lightning Deal, while supplies last. The promotional code will not be reflected at checkout when you purchase the Xbox 360 Arcade; instead, the final order confirmation page under "Order Summary" and the order confirmation email will mention "Lightning Deal: -$0.01" and the promotional code will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. Orders that do not contain the message "Lightning Deal: -$0.01" do not qualify for this promotion.

The $100 promotional code is usable towards any future purchases of items at our Web site (www.amazon.com) shipped and sold by Amazon.com. The Xbox 360 Arcade will be a featured Lighting Deal on 11/07/2009 between 6:00am PST to 7:59am PST and again from 12:00pm PST to 1:59PM PST. Only one (1) promotional code will be sent per household. Promotional codes received as a result of this promotion will expire at 11:59pm PST on 12/31/2009. See details at http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541.

The Gold Box Team[/QUOTE]:lol:

[quote name='vinhjdao']What a load of crap. I ordered immediately at 6 AM PST this morning and saw the bar go from 50% to 63% to 100% after ordering. Didn't get the Lightning Deal and gave them a ring. They claim that my order went through at 6:02 AM and the orders ran out at 6:01 AM. Unless they're code isn't able to keep up with the supply that quickly (possible), "Ringo" was giving me a BS line to get me off the phone.[/QUOTE]

I talked to "Ringo" too, he put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and said I was good to go. Even sent me an email confirming also. FYI my email order confirmation is time stamped at 8:01 (central time)

So many more people will know about and be ready for the noon sale. I wouldn't be surprised if their site got totally knocked out.
I know it's rare with amazon. But we are talking about a pretty huge sale.

[quote name='koolmoj']I talked to "Ringo" too, he put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and said I was good to go. Even sent me an email confirming also. FYI my email order confirmation is time stamped at 8:01 (central time)[/QUOTE]

Wow, I totally forgot about my email. The confirmation came to my inbox at 6:00 AM PST and 'Ringo' already canceled my order.

Crap.

[quote name='sunnysky']So many more people will know about and be ready for the noon sale. I wouldn't be surprised if their site got totally knocked out.
I know it's rare with amazon. But we are talking about a pretty huge sale.[/QUOTE]

It happened every black friday until they went with a lottery system.

[quote name='triforcer']i was really thinking about the mw2 bundle too, but for 400 bucks i really don't need those controllers and all those extras. better off saving my money.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, well the way I see it is that you're paying for a $300 360, then for MW2 and a controller, which I would have gotten anyway. Everything after that you're getting for free, basically the headset and extra 130gb of space.

I'm a cheapskate too though (I think we all are, here of all places), so I might not pick it up either... but for those who can afford it, I think that's the best deal right there. This Arcade + $100 deal sure is good too though, for those not looking to spend a lot.

Similar story,
doesnt sound right though.

Hopefully it'll be a different story in a few minutes.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I got my confirmation at 9AM and I didn't get the lightning deal -$0.01. Maybe I was too fast.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vortextk']Can I just sit on the goldbox page and just click straight from there? No refreshing right?[/QUOTE]Yup. As the timer hits 00:00:00, the box changes into the deal with the add to cart icon near where the timer was.

[quote name='Alien Spider']I got there a little after 7 and was delightfully informed that they only had FOUR, all of which were spoken for by that time. Same story with the other Walmart 20 minutes away. They were comping Wiis instead, which IMO is a far better deal, but I already have one of those. I was about 6th in line by my count so if they actually had the 10 minimum I would have gotten one. fucking Walmart. :/

So no 360 for me for now, this Lightning Deal from Amazon doesn't seem that hot to me. I'll just have to be content with the three Wii games I got at Target for $30 (Star Wars Force Unleashed, Indiana Jones, Sonic and the Secret Rings).[/QUOTE]

i would jumped on a wii for 199 + 100 gift card

Yay, I think I got it this time!

Items: $199.99 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 Lightning Deal: -$0.01
pixel-grey._V47081715_.gif
Total Before Tax: $199.98 Estimated Tax: $0.00

Wow, gone in less than 20 seconds. I got one in my cart and by the time I got to check out it was the full $199.99. Oh well, not a big deal. I just wanted a new controller and figured getting an extra system for $50 would be worth it.

bread's done
Back