Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
did in within 10 sec got it in the cart for $149.98 so i thought sweet.

cuz i had $50 left over credit--turns out i has $50.01 thats why it came to $149.98

sould i send them an email n see if i could get the deal or just give up n cancel; suck it took me bout 8 sec to do the deal

Hmm... Well, I got in on it, but I'm not so sure I wanna bite now. I just got an Elite, and apparently my step-mom doesn't wanna put down $100 for a system on Christmas (cheap bitch) so... X_X

Oh well, I'm not really sure what anybody was expecting.
I'm guessing they only had a few thousand of these. And with Every DEALS website out there promoting it, there had to be hundreds of thousands of people trying to get in on this.
I guess I can save my money and grab MW2 instead.
Actually, I'm kind of liking the MW2 250gb bundle. It sure would look sweet.

I actually got in on one of these lightning deals. I logged in first before adding it into my cart, but amazon made me log in again. I was freaking out. But I ended up getting it :)

[quote name='chibamm']You're an asshole.[/QUOTE]

FU dude! You can shove your chibamm up yours.

Its known that Amazon deals sell out in seconds, so I dont think my "trying" to purchase a deal is any issue at all.

Well, I shot Amazon CS an e-mail; my order was right on the dot, so I'll see what they say. Worst comes to worst, I'll return the 360 and just get my money back.

[quote name='rmb']
~2-3% is what the norm is but I do believe there is no chance the 360 is at that rate. To say it is that low is ridiculous![/QUOTE]
Uh, sorry but I think you're confusing previous versions of the 360s with the new ones. Jasper units are drastically more reliable than the old ones, and to argue anything but requires at least a shred of proof don't you think?

doesnt matter if its in your cart, you wont get the deal, I have one on there too but at the last screen I lose free shipping and the price is 199.99 not 199.98

Anyone know how many they were offering?

This is the second time I was on the page right as it popped and clicked want one instantly, had it in my cart and checked out and still did not get the promo price - took me less than a minute.

This seems kinda fishy...definitely souring on Amazon over this...they are going to lose their asses on returns from those who are not paying attention. The first time I didn't notice, until I came on here and read about the 199.99 price, which of course mine was. What I think is terrible is that it shows up in your cart with the deal active, and no where along the checkout does it tell you it was taken away. A novice user of amazon (like myself) would not notice a 1 cent change in price, and had I not read on here, I would have been VERY unhappy with them over it. How can you have something in your cart, and have it change in checkout, without notification first...seems like a very bad idea...

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the first time in less than 30 seconds and it didnt go through. Similar story with the second time.
It really is a screwed up system.

I dont think I'll participate in these deals again. And its a real shame cause I've always considered Amazon to be my favorite store.

[quote name='Despacio']So get this, me and my brother do an order at the exact same time, same house, one room away. I actually finish my order first (I even called it out as we were somewhat racing!), he was delayed because he had to delete some older item from his cart he forgot he had in there. Yet, he got the discount, and I did not?! This is a royally screwed system Amazon has. :([/QUOTE]

someone needs to make a little flash game called "Practice for Black Friday" where you try and simulate this lightening deal shanagins because I have a feeling I'm not going to know how to do it once Black Friday hits :)

Called Amazon... their stance is that Cart does not lock in price, despite that being the case with other items I have gotten via the GoldBox. Alas.

I am in the same boat, for some reason it asked me to put in my credit crad info again and in the end it was 199.99 (which I saw later) so I canceled it.

What a disappointment. I clicked to buy as soon as the button showed on the page, it had the -$0.01, but my confirmation e-mail shows just the $199.99. Called and they confirmed I did not get the deal and I placed my order instantly....this all after I got screwed out of the Wal-Mart deal in-store and twice online where by the time I hit submit I got a pop-up that they sold out.

EDIT: and my confirmation e-mail is dated today at 2:00PM CST.

[quote name='Wanderlai']FU dude! You can shove your chibamm up yours.

Its known that Amazon deals sell out in seconds, so I dont think my "trying" to purchase a deal is any issue at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and Wanderlai is an outstanding name too. I'm just saying man, you did this for "practice". It's kind of BS for the people who actually wanted to get one to play. Whatever.

Boo yea! I ran across an arcade at one of my local Wal-Mart's at like 10:30 today, but decided to pass, because I don't want to pay tax, and would also like to use that mountain of Amazon credit (and I'm a cheapass!)

Anyway, I usually never get in on these, but I guess I got really lucky this time:

Item(s) Subtotal:$199.99Shipping & Handling:$9.48Super Saver Discount:whistle2:$9.48Promotion Applied:whistle2:$30.00Lightning Deal:whistle2:$0.01Lightning Deal:whistle2:$0.01 -----Total Before Tax:$169.97Estimated Tax:$0.00Gift Certificate/Card Amount:$169.97 -----Grand Total:$0.00

I guess I'm gonna get TWO $100 credits! LoL

Did I somehow steal someone else's Lightning discount?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']...my step-mom doesn't wanna put down $100 for a system on Christmas (cheap bitch) so... X_X[/QUOTE]

Ah, youth. You all think money grows on trees. :roll:

If you already got it and dont want it...... I might be interested in taking it off your hands

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Hmm... Well, I got in on it, but I'm not so sure I wanna bite now. I just got an Elite, and apparently my step-mom doesn't wanna put down $100 for a system on Christmas (cheap bitch) so... X_X[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Hmm... Well, I got in on it, but I'm not so sure I wanna bite now. I just got an Elite, and apparently my step-mom doesn't wanna put down $100 for a system on Christmas (cheap bitch) so... X_X[/QUOTE]

*twitch, twitch*

must...resist... "get a job" comment...!

Failed at this morning attempt at 6 PST with Amazon not applying the $.01 Promotion, but successful this afternoon at 12 PST.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Well, I shot Amazon CS an e-mail; my order was right on the dot, so I'll see what they say. Worst comes to worst, I'll return the 360 and just get my money back.[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing. It showed up at 199.98 in the cart and then in my orders it only shows my prior credits of $25 off. I will just cancel if they don't do the $100 credit.

Oh, and to those newer amazonians who are wondering if this is what it's like on BF.
Ummm. NO.
On BF, it's 100 times worse. You'll be lucky if you can even log onto their site on BF.
I still love Amazon, but it's thanks to the popularity of amazon that I may actually start going back to BF early morning B&M store shopping if I really need/want something.
Online shopping is by far the worst possible option when it comes to deals like this. You've basically got one shot in a million of success.
Oh well.

well i sent off an email, how long does it take to respond? cause now i gotta cancel if they're not gonna help.

Did i get the deal?
Sorry I find this confusing
thanks
my confirmation email says:

Subtotal of Items: $199.99 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 Lightning Deal: -$0.01 ------ Total before tax: $199.98 Estimated Tax: $17.75 ------ Total for this Order: $217.73 [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='dax93']SAME: Showed -.01 until confirmation email, had to go back and cancel[/QUOTE]

same here, the .01 discount somehow disappeared in the end.
i thought i got until i got the email confirmation (which was at 3:00pm).
oh well.... time to cancel.

Yes, mine... :cry:

[quote name='sgaldis']Boo yea! I ran across an arcade at one of my local Wal-Mart's at like 10:30 today, but decided to pass, because I don't want to pay tax, and would also like to use that mountain of Amazon credit (and I'm a cheapass!)

Anyway, I usually never get in on these, but I guess I got really lucky this time:

Item(s) Subtotal:$199.99Shipping & Handling:$9.48Super Saver Discount:whistle2:$9.48Promotion Applied:whistle2:$30.00Lightning Deal:whistle2:$0.01Lightning Deal:whistle2:$0.01 -----Total Before Tax:$169.97Estimated Tax:$0.00Gift Certificate/Card Amount:$169.97 -----Grand Total:$0.00

I guess I'm gonna get TWO $100 credits! LoL

Did I somehow steal someone else's Lightning discount?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atrsixaild']Did i get the deal?
thanks

Subtotal of Items: $199.99 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 Lightning Deal: -$0.01 ------ Total before tax: $199.98 Estimated Tax: $17.75 ------ Total for this Order: $217.73 [/QUOTE]

Yes

definitely had it in my cart and went through with the sale only to find no Lightning Deal discount.. so I canceled the order.. Then as fast as I could I got back to the gold deals page and added another one and went through the process again only to find that AGAIN, after I clicked confirm order, there was no -.01 in the order summary.. I almost lean toward this being some kind of hoax! How in the world does the system work if t*w*i*c*e I was able to click on it and go through with a sale but neither time it gave me the lightning deal? ...and no, I was not trying to do it with other promotions.. yes, I was clicking on the gold box deal page.. no, I did not have it in my cart ahead of time.. yes, I followed the sale all the way through til it was final.. no, I am not complaining simply because I didn't get one--I feel like the system broke a committment it had with me, betraying the trust that "if I click here, this will happen."

What a royal pain in the butt. I should have went to walmart this morning and "paid tax" and had the x360 in hand. I really like Amazon, but I cannot imagine that they had more positive PR than negative PR from customers on how this one worked out.

I emailed Amazon customer service. This is unbelievably confusing. If the deal is over you shouldn't be allowed to add it to your cart. I don't have high hopes but I will call and complain if I get denied (which is likely).

[quote name='atrsixaild']Did i get the deal?
thanks

Subtotal of Items: $199.99 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 Lightning Deal: -$0.01 ------ Total before tax: $199.98 Estimated Tax: $17.75 ------ Total for this Order: $217.73 [/QUOTE]
It says lightning deal in your subtotal so....

[quote name='sunnysky']Oh well, I'm not really sure what anybody was expecting.
I'm guessing they only had a few thousand of these. And with Every DEALS website out there promoting it, there had to be hundreds of thousands of people trying to get in on this.
I guess I can save my money and grab MW2 instead.
Actually, I'm kind of liking the MW2 250gb bundle. It sure would look sweet.[/QUOTE]
400 bucks for looks seems a little steep , IMO

I forgot to put in the key "as a present for my step-brothers for their Christmas present." I'm not willing to pop down $100 for them, but I figure my step-mom and my dad could justify $50 per kid for Christmas.

Assuming my pal doesn't find a use for it, I'll confirm my purchase and sell it at-cost to whomever can make it to the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus. :p

All is not lost guys, we still have some nice deals coming from amazon. Maybe you missed the 360, but what about a nice laptop or tv instead. Hang in there. BF is still coming too.

I called Amazon and after some arguing they adjusted my price by one cent to qualify me for the promotion and told me that I should receive the discount in 7 days. I'm a little skeptical however since I still don't have the Lighting Deal shown on my order status page. Hopefully I won't have to do anymore arguing in another 7 days.

sweet i just an email back from amazon saying they'll price adjust it -0.01 so i get the promotion! i love you Krithika B.

i pretty much stated in my email the same thing most of you have that it was in the cart with the special price but the confirmation was the normal price. give it a shot if you didn't already cancel.

The weird thing is that after i added it to my cart i took like 3 minutes to check out since i thought i already had it by just adding it to cart.

But i still go it this is my e-mail confirmation
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Order Summary:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Shipping Details : (order will arrive in 1 shipment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Shipping Method: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] FREE Super Saver Shipping [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Preference:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Group my items into as few shipments as possible[/SIZE][/FONT] Subtotal of Items: $199.99 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 Lightning Deal: -$0.01 ------ Total for this Order: $199.98 [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Eh, I sent CS an email and requested the order be cancelled if the discount didn't apply. They replied minutes later saying it didn't and the order is cancelled. No big loss.

[quote name='javeryh']I emailed Amazon customer service. This is unbelievably confusing. If the deal is over you shouldn't be allowed to add it to your cart. I don't have high hopes but I will call and complain if I get denied (which is likely).[/QUOTE]

This is my argument exactly: the number allowed to be added to carts should be the number available... how is this not the case?! Then, if someone decides to remove the item from their cart, it can go back on the sales block.

I placed my order pretty much exactly at 8:00 Central time, and did not get the promotion (order showed as 199.99 in my order history). I called Amazon and asked, and the CS rep told me that other people have called about the same thing and that I would be receiving the promotional code in my e-mail within a few days. I seriously doubted this, so I called them again and told the CS rep that the discount wasn't applied, but that the last CS rep told me I should be receiving the promotional code within a few days. She told me this was false, and that the deal sold out within five seconds. She couldn't cancel my order because it was already being prepared for shipping and she couldn't provide me with a promotional code, but since I was told that I would be getting the promotional code, she instead credited $100 to my account. I love Amazon customer service.

Just looked up my order again, looks like I'm good. $199.98 total. It says "Items shipping soon" as well.

EDIT: They adjusted it based on the email I sent them...man they're good!

I am sorry for any misunderstanding about the promotion in our website.

To correct this error (lightning deal), I have reduced the cost of your order by $0.01 and you are eligible for the promotion.

As indicated in the online description of the Xbox 360 Arcade offer, we will send your promotional certificate of $100.00 via e-mail within seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

bread's done
Back