Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email from Amazon requesting that I re-order my canceled item after which they'll issue the $100 credit within a week.

As I expected, Amazon is making this right with all their customers.

Whoever at Amazon made the decision to change the Gold Box terms just for this specific deal, ended up costing the company a lot of money. Had they not fixed this with their customers, I suspect it would have cost Amazon even more in future sales.

My guess is that wasn't a conspiracy or planned bait and switch, it was just pure incompetence.

yeah, Amazon is really doing something great here for its customers (almost unheard of when you think of the thousands this will cost them).

Just received my Xbox 360 Arcade today. (Thanks Prime! Came in a day earlier than estimated).

Quick notes:
* This is a Jasper console. (12,1A)
* Date manufactured: August 4th, 2009. (8-4-2009)

So hopefully that will dispel some worries about the console model. :D

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I sent a very angry e-mail into them after they denied me, and they replied and said they would look into it and apologized immensely (the e-mail said they were going to investigate and look further into the matter). Not long after, I received the same e-mail everyone else here is, saying I qualified for the credit.

Very, very happy now. Especially since I paid for it with $100 in GC's I already had, and my $5 Uncharted 2 code. So, I just spent $96 out of pocket and am getting $100 in return. Very, very nice. This will make a great Christmas present for my brother, especially since his current 360 seems to be on the way out.[/QUOTE]

Got the same confirmation, but all my CSR responses have been canned 'You didn't order it fast enough,' when I knew it was just a glitch in the system (and multiple CSRs gave me conflicting information regarding my order) and no indication that it was going to be fixed. The only reason that I'm getting the GC at all is because I wasn't able to cancel my order in time.

So I've gone from fuming to relieved, but I'm not ecstatic about how the CSRs responded.

I recently got my shipping confirmation email so with my Amazon Prime 2 Day Shipping it will be here on Wednesday. I did not have any problem with getting the deal and got the same email that everyone else got. Traded in my old launch Xbox 360 to Gamestop for $95 on Nov.7th so this "upgrade" cost a whopping $5 considering I paid almost the whole total off with credit. Hurray for a 360 that does not sound like a rocket taking off.

I don't really have anything to complain about with the lightening deal because I was able to casually add it to the cart and buy it with no problems,

But, I've been tracking my shipment and it's been heading from Phoenix to Louisville these past couple days on route to Seattle. Ugh. Talk about heading the wrong way.

I emailed amazon again after hearing about the amazon emails and they told me to reorder and they would apply the promotion to my account.

[quote name='scoville']I don't really have anything to complain about with the lightening deal because I was able to casually add it to the cart and buy it with no problems,

But, I've been tracking my shipment and it's been heading from Phoenix to Louisville these past couple days on route to Seattle. Ugh. Talk about heading the wrong way.[/QUOTE]LOL, that sounds like my tracker:

Note: Edited & removed extra scans (5 lines).
November 9, 2009 10:32:00 AM SAN JOSE CA US Delivered
November 8, 2009 07:35:00 PM SAN JOSE CA US Arrival Scan
November 8, 2009 06:44:00 PM SALT LAKE CITY UT US Departure Scan
November 8, 2009 05:46:00 PM SALT LAKE CITY UT US Arrival Scan
November 8, 2009 04:20:00 PM LOUISVILLE KY US Departure Scan
November 8, 2009 10:01:00 AM LOUISVILLE KY US Arrival Scan
November 8, 2009 02:22:00 AM ONTARIO CA US Departure Scan
November 7, 2009 10:09:00 PM ONTARIO CA US Arrival Scan
November 7, 2009 03:50:00 PM LAS VEGAS NV US Shipment received by carrier
November 7, 2009 02:04:48 PM North Las Vegas NV US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I emailed amazon again after hearing about the amazon emails and they told me to reorder and they would apply the promotion to my account.[/QUOTE]

they told me they would look into it and were sorry for the confusion--(the whole penny thing) they said it would take two days to let me know if i could reorder it. this was on the 7th so im hoping n e minute now they will write back--

did you write to them recently or was this a day or two ago- n how fast did they write back-

[quote name='youenvy']they told me they would look into it and were sorry for the confusion--(the whole penny thing) they said it would take two days to let me know if i could reorder it. this was on the 7th so im hoping n e minute now they will write back--

did you write to them recently or was this a day or two ago- n how fast did they write back-[/QUOTE]

It took them about 24 hours to get back to me. If you canceled, they'll ask you to order again and then email them the new order number so they can adjust it for the discount. After ordering again, I'm guessing it will take them another day to adjust orders.

[quote name='Zenol']It took them about 24 hours to get back to me. If you canceled, they'll ask you to order again and then email them the new order number so they can adjust it for the discount. After ordering again, I'm guessing it will take them another day to adjust orders.[/QUOTE]

cool thanks for the info bro preciate it

While I agree that being nice wont get you very far, you can't be a jerk. Alot of the times if you have a good case, are polite but stand your ground, then you'll do fine.

It's all about respect.

I got the deal after I sent them an email (you can see it before me).

I lost faith in Amazon this weekend but how wrong was I?
Let's hope it never ends.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Being nice to CSR is what got me denied; I only got somewhere once I wasn't as nice. Normally, I try to be as nice as possible in my e-mails, but being denied something the CSR admitted I was eligible for made me quite mad.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rusty']Mine shipped today from DE, will be here in Philly tomorrow. FREE Saver Shipping. Very impressive Amazon :)[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived this evening ~6pm... crazy how fast these shipped.

Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Just got this:
Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com
Finally seem to be making it right. I had canceled after the CSR told me I was pretty much out of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the same email.
And MW2 just shipped meaning I just got a spare 20$ video games credit to use. 180$ for an Arcade with 100$ GC? Don't mind if I do.

Now I have to debate if I should return the unopened 216$ 360 and 100$ GC I got from walmart in store or not. Or I should just try to sell it and make a little bit of profit. PS: I'm Lazy.

Just got the same email. Didn't think that I had a shot at the deal. So glad I ordered and canceled instead of just giving up on it. I'll put in my order for it now. Absolutely fantastic that Amazon is honoring this.

[quote name='supraazn']Got the same email.
And MW2 just shipped meaning I just got a spare 20$ video games credit to use. [/QUOTE]

Me too. Wonder when that will hit the account? I haven't gotten the credit applied email yet. Think I'll wait until I do.

Going to use this box as a Win 7 Media Center Extender I think. Don't need a HD for that. Now I'll have a DVR extender in the bedroom :)

Wait... Wasn't this thread in the Deal Graveyard hours ago? That could mean only one thing...

Zombie Thread!

...(or Jesus.)

Amazon is awesome. I cancelled and now reordered it. They will be honoring the promotion. Anyway you rule amazon!! More money down the drain to amazon

Just got the same email and did the deal. Has reaffirmed with me that Amazon is the greatest company. I think I will call to verify that i will get the promo code before console ships anyway.

glad to see Amazon owned up to their glitch and mistaken customer service response, further affirming their status as an awesome retailer. sadly, I never placed my order because it wouldn't show the penny discount on the final page- you can't win em all, but glad to see others are able to get in on this and no one is getting stuck paying full price for an order they couldn't cancel.

[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

WOW...I'm speechless.
I got that email too...
I was slightly disappointing that I didn't get the deal even though my order was submitted at 3:00pm.
I still can't believe I'm getting an Xbox360 for $99!
Way to go Amazon!

I got the email back too... after I tried going back to Wal-Mart to try my luck again which didn't turn out so well once again... so I immediately placed my order... I just can't help but think that Amazon is doing this because Wal-Mart may indeed have the special deal still going on and that's probably why Amazon thought they need to continue to price-match it.

So am I correct in assuming this ONLY applies to those who ordered, and then subsequently canceled, and not to people who didn't place the order on Saturday? I got the email too, but know a friend who also wanted in on the deal (but missed out altogether on Saturday)

[quote name='yuyak']So am I correct in assuming this ONLY applies to those who ordered, and then subsequently canceled, and not to people who didn't place the order on Saturday? I got the email too, but know a friend who also wanted in on the deal (but missed out altogether on Saturday)[/QUOTE]

only those that got the email I'd imagine. Otherwise everyone currently ordering an Arcade between now and the 14th would qualify which Amazon wouldn't do of course.

I didn't get an email even though I ordered at 9AM on Saturday. Ended up emailing customer service and they told me to put in a new order.

edit: lol as soon as i posted this I got an email from Amazon.

[quote name='confoosious']How come no one is crying about bait and switch now?[/QUOTE]
If I had to guess it's because Amazon went above and beyond to satisfy their customers in this situation. What do you think?

[quote name='confoosious']How come no one is crying about bait and switch now?[/QUOTE]

Wait until the next video game Lightning Deal. You'll hear it then.

[quote name='ssjmichael']only those that got the email I'd imagine. Otherwise everyone currently ordering an Arcade between now and the 14th would qualify which Amazon wouldn't do of course.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. I had the darn thing in my cart with the lightning deal discount, but ended up removing it because the checkout didn't show the $0.01 discount. So, I really should have ordered it anyway? I technically should have gotten the deal but there's no record of it now. Arghhh. This is so frustrating.

[quote name='drock']If I had to guess it's because Amazon went above and beyond to satisfy their customers in this situation. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Obviously.

It's just that the most vocal people who whined their asses off are now nowhere to be found when Amazon makes good.

Even though they've now made things right and gone beyond the original deal by offering more units than they initially had allocated, this doesn't change the fact that their promotions should not disappear from the cart and/or even post confirmation only to not show up on the post checkout email.

I'm still not at all happy with how they handled this initially. They need to fix this if they are going to offer similarly structured deals.

That said, I'm glad they came around to try to restore customer goodwill. Just took them a bit.

[quote name='confoosious']Obviously.

It's just that the most vocal people who whined their asses off are now nowhere to be found when Amazon makes good.[/QUOTE]

I don't get your point here.

Amazon royally screwed up this promotion, went against their own terms of service in how things have ever worked, and realised they screwed up and are trying to make good. While it's good customer service, this is how things SHOULD be. They deserve praise for doing the right thing, surely, but honestly, nothing less than this should have sufficed. (Amazon broke THEIR OWN RULES in how lightning deals work-- I think their legal department figured that out and realized if they didn't honor the deal they'd be leaving themselves wide open for lawsuits)

It's sad when "doing the right thing" has somehow turned into such a big deal that it's criticized when people aren't bowing to Amazon and kissing their feet... :/ Amazon is absolutely doing the right thing here-- nothing more, nothing less. It's just that a lot of their competitors have us so used to being screwed over we think that anything less than being treated like dirt is something exceptional. ;)

Now, the whole thing about "having to order and then cancel" is a bit curious; has anyone tried contacting them who had it in their cart but DIDN'T order to explain the situation? I had the laptop in my cart with the discount showing, and couldn't check out at the discounted price-- and I called them at the time and it should be of record that I tried to buy it-- I'm wondering if they'd be willing to work with me on that one...

[quote name='Justin42']Now, the whole thing about "having to order and then cancel" is a bit curious; has anyone tried contacting them who had it in their cart but DIDN'T order to explain the situation? [/QUOTE]

I did.
My original post way back when:

[quote name='alamak']Luckily I read this thread right before the second go-round so I knew to look for the 199.98 price. Add me to the "Promo price in cart; not on order screen" list.

However I decided to hold off on ordering and sent an email. So it's still in my cart at the promo price. Not too optimistic but we'll see if this helps me more than trying to change it after the order's already been placed.[/QUOTE]

I emailed within minutes of the deal closing and asked for an explanation for the discrepancy. I didn't receive a reply for 36 hours, by which time I had already decided to move on and had removed the item from my cart. The CSR apologized and said please go ahead and order the system and I would get the promo.

So I ended up not even making my initial order until early Monday morning and I got the deal, though I'm sure it helped that I originally emailed them ASAP. Amazon went above and beyond IMO.

[quote name='confoosious']Obviously.

It's just that the most vocal people who whined their asses off are now nowhere to be found when Amazon makes good.[/QUOTE]

You're an asshole who has been an asshole about this deal the entire time ... why would we respond to you. It's one thing to mock people who miss a deal and whine, it's another thing to mock people who missed out on a deal because of a glitch in the system and were angry about it.

Some people understood this, however you and several others didn't and played it off like the people complaining were all huge babies just crying over missing a deal. So when you ask where all those folks are, would you expect anyone to actually respond after your numerous dick comments?

You can disagree ... but that's how I saw it dude and there were others, it wasn't just you, but perhaps a little bit more understanding of what actually happened might help you in the future.

Ask and you shall receive :lol:

Glad to see Amazon manning up to that fiasco. I got one from the noon PST deal without any trouble but I know a few friends who felt completely hosed. Amazon FTMFGDW

bread's done
Back