Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kamisame']Does order by November 14 still applies for anyone that didnt even got the chance to click the deal?[/QUOTE]

If only the answer was in the topic title

[quote name='JaredFrost']I too just got the $100 promotional credit, so I guess this brings the final price tag on an xbox 360 arcade to -1.02, so, the pay me 1 dollar and 2 cents and give me an Xbox 360 Arcade, that'll do Amazon, that'll do.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that is sweet.

[quote name='gkrykewy']That clearly conflicts with the statement in the email, however. I wonder which is supposed to be true.[/QUOTE]
Not really. The e-mail says the code can only be used once, not the credit.

[quote name='JaredFrost']I too just got the $100 promotional credit, so I guess this brings the final price tag on an xbox 360 arcade to -1.02, so, the pay me 1 dollar and 2 cents and give me an Xbox 360 Arcade, that'll do Amazon, that'll do.[/QUOTE]

How are you guys getting money back?

[quote name='simmias']Not really. The e-mail says the code can only be used once, not the credit.[/QUOTE]

I was referring more to the "even if the full promotional credit is not used" bit.

Has anyone made an order yet using only part of the credit? Would be good to confirm that a credit balance remains in the account.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I was referring more to the "even if the full promotional credit is not used" bit.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's the part that had me concerned as well.

i decided to be the fuinea pig and test the waters. no it does not have to be in one order. For example i got modern warfare 2 and applied the code. It took off 60 and placed the order. it didn't say if i had any remainding credit left so i was going to try to reapply the code. so i went to preorder assasin's creed 2 and at check out it automatically took off 40. :)

[quote name='F Bomb']i decided to be the fuinea pig and test the waters. no it does not have to be in one order. For example i got modern warfare 2 and applied the code. It took off 60 and placed the order. it didn't say if i had any remainding credit left so i was going to try to reapply the code. so i went to preorder assasin's creed 2 and at check out it automatically took off 40. :)[/QUOTE]

I was just about to test it, thanks!

All it means is that you can't claim only part of the promotional code. You have to be willing to put $100 of it into your "bank" at once. I don't see why anyone wouldn't but whatever :D

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Amazon is giving people who missed out on the deal the 99.99 price, and some are still receiving the credit.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.... I'm pretty sure some people with $199.99 orders were given manual $100 credits upfront by kind customer service reps, and they're now receiving the promo credits. Lucky them!

I actually returned mine :( because the fan + drive noises were extremely loud, idk if mine was defective or if they are all like that.

Anyway, LIVE is really the same as PSN so I had no need for it.

But getting it for -1 dollar would have been cool haha

[quote name='crzyboy88']Do they list the amount of memory in the 360 on the box itself?[/QUOTE]

UPS just delivered mine (pretty fast for free shipping). Mfg. date 2009-08-04, power 12.1A -- which indicates a Jasper box. Memory is listed on the box as 256MB. Now, to move my 120GB HD to the new box and sell the old one on Craigslist!

[quote name='gkrykewy']I don't think so.... I'm pretty sure some people with $199.99 orders were given manual $100 credits upfront by kind customer service reps, and they're now receiving the promo credits. Lucky them![/QUOTE]

That's what I mean. The price is 199.99, but they are adjusting it to 99.99, and some are getting the 100$ on top of the adjustment.

Seems unfair to me :/ Everyone should get the same deal, but w/e

[quote name='Veronica Mars']That's what I mean. The price is 199.99, but they are adjusting it to 99.99, and some are getting the 100$ on top of the adjustment.

Seems unfair to me :/ Everyone should get the same deal, but w/e[/QUOTE]

They're not getting a deal. They're just beneficiaries of a mistake.

On the edge, just added to my cart and with my MW2 $20 credit it's $178.99 in my cart. I usually do a lot of Xmas shopping on Amazon anyways so I would be getting a new Xbox for under $80....hmmm

Received mine today. Manufactured on 7-23-09 and has the 12.1a Jasper rating. Given that I have so much money invested in 360 games, I'm glad I now won't worry so much about my 360 dying.

[quote name='Moravagine']Received mine today. Manufactured on 7-23-09 and has the 12.1a Jasper rating. Given that I have so much money invested in 360 games, I'm glad I now won't worry so much about my 360 dying.[/QUOTE]

Are all power bricks the same? I thought that since the newer 360's (Falcons and Jaspers) use smaller chips, and use less energy. Yet, my power brick still says it outputs 203 Watts. I got shipped the same Xbox as you, but after seeing that the power brick put out 203 Watts, and checking some websites (below), I thought that for some reason, MS was still putting out the old chipsets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Xbox_360_Elite
http://www.xboxist.com/xbox-360/news/how-to-identify-an-xbox-360-with-jasper-chipset--009548.php

(After looking at the power ratings on my console, and doing some math, I did realize that I too have a Jasper (150 Watts.)) This is kinda a relief, because I was starting to get pissed that the Arcade console I bought to replace my old(est) Xbox wasn't a Jasper, and that the only upgrade I was getting was an HDMI port. I was thinking about returning it rather than giving the old one to family.

...On a different note, I'm not liking the white disk tray. How much money are they really saving by not having the chrome disk tray? I wish there was a way to swap it out without voiding my warranty.

I got my arcade today and the box was a bit beat up. Should it sound like there is a loose disc / booklet inside the arcade box? It's a gift and I am contemplating making an exchange.

Got mine today as well (along with the code). Waiting for my 0.01 though.

It should sound fairly solid in the box...

For those of you that received and entered your $100 promo code, does it show up in your gift card balance? Or is it hidden like the video game promo credits?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']For those of you that received and entered your $100 promo code, does it show up in your gift card balance? Or is it hidden like the video game promo credits?[/QUOTE]

Hidden. When you pay, its deducted as promotional credit, not as a gift card.

On the e-mail, Amazon says that you can only use it once... so make sure you spend all of it in one go.

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Each promotional claim code can be used only once, even if the full promotional credit is not used.[/FONT]

[quote name='edson13']Hidden. When you pay, its deducted as promotional credit, not as a gift card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I really wish they'd fix that, so we could check our different credits.

Just got mine today as well, I ordered during the lightning deal. It has a Jasper Chipset, I checked the power supply and it's 150 W. Considering that I'm currently playing on a 360 that MS sent me after my 2006 360 RROD'ed, I'll take the upgrade gladly. Now just to find a used 120 GB HDD with transfer kit, the original 20 GB HDD is woefully small, and I would like to have space to save games to the hard drive.

hey guys i need help asap. i want to order the 360 arcade from amazon, just wanted to know if i buy it today, will i still get the 100 dollar credit? or whats the deal?

[quote name='shifty01']hey guys i need help asap. i want to order the 360 arcade from amazon, just wanted to know if i buy it today, will i still get the 100 dollar credit? or whats the deal?[/QUOTE]

No, this was a one day, scratch that, roughly 3 minute deal last Saturday. It's only extended for those that ordered that day, canceled and received the email in the OP. Try Walmart, you have until midnight.

I was meant to get my package yesterday, but for some reason it didn't show up (even though it still says "out for delivery"). I've already rounded up some games and I'm ready to try out the Xbox for the first time this weekend.

I picked up:
Gears of War 2
Fable II
Mass Effect

and ordered:
Gears of War
Crackdown

...all for $50. Any recommendations on which one to play first?

[quote name='earvcunanan']On the e-mail, Amazon says that you can only use it once... so make sure you spend all of it in one go.

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Each promotional claim code can be used only once, even if the full promotional credit is not used.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

You can span it over multiple orders. You just enter the code once but you will get the remaining amount if you don't spend all $100.

This has already been confirmed in this topic iirc

[quote name='dino88']No, this was a one day, scratch that, roughly 3 minute deal last Saturday. It's only extended for those that ordered that day, canceled and received the email in the OP. Try Walmart, you have until midnight.

I was meant to get my package yesterday, but for some reason it didn't show up (even though it still says "out for delivery"). I've already rounded up some games and I'm ready to try out the Xbox for the first time this weekend.

I picked up:
Gears of War 2
Fable II
Mass Effect

and ordered:
Gears of War
Crackdown

...all for $50. Any recommendations on which one to play first?[/QUOTE]

Yeah how did you get all those game for $50? I'm sure you didn't buy them from ripoff gamestop.

[quote name='thiscloud']dino88, how'd you get all that for $50?[/QUOTE]

Gears of War 2 - $10 at Blockbuster

Fable II (14.98) and Mass Effect (13.98) on clearance at Target and used the $10 off coupon = $20

Gears of War ($10.94) and Crackdown ($7.90) from Hastings w/the 20% off code = roughly $21 (after shipping)

I was able to get most of the games on my wish list even before the system arrived. Now I just need an actual Xbox.

[quote name='dino88']
I picked up:
Gears of War 2
Fable II
Mass Effect

and ordered:
Gears of War
Crackdown

...all for $50. Any recommendations on which one to play first?[/QUOTE]

Play Gears 1 first. Gears 2 story won't make as much sense without it, also a ton of fun. Crackdown is mediocre but Fable 2 and Mass Effect are arguably 2 of the 3 best games in the past 3 years, so great selection overall.

^I'm going to have to wait on Gears, as that (and Crackdown) won't get here until some time next week. So I guess it's between Fable II and ME. What's the 3rd game you alluded to (the 3 best games)?

I'll take a guess
Fallout 3

Just ordered Fat Princess, Army of Two: 40th Day, Star Trek (Blu-Ray), and The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition with my $100 credit. I had a $10 credit for MW2, so I got Fat Princess for -$4.99 from my credit, and am paying $15 for Star Trek (since only $5 credit is left with everything else).

I was going to order Dark Void and Army of Two, but I'm not sure if Dark Void will be good or not, so I decided to pass for right now in-favor of getting more things that I wanted now; and I'll worry about it come January.

Some other cheap but notable games for you new 360 owners would be:

Earth Defense Force
Condemned
Dead Rising
Culdcept Saga

Enjoy your new machine!

so let me tell you how ecstatic i am that i bought a "backup" xbox... i got the RROD on my elite (2nd time).. these things are made out of paper mache

[quote name='slimjim2004']Anybody get their code yet? (that canceled before)[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine on the 10th. I actually received my code around 12:30am on the 12th. Console was delivered at 12:30pm.

I sadly passed on the offer -- couldn't pull the trigger given I have no time to play :) I guess I'll pick up a 360 after MS releases the 1080 or whatever the next console is.

In the interim, I am of course picking up some cheap 360 games ;-)

[quote name='crzyboy88']Do the 360's still have the Arcade Compilation disc?[/QUOTE]

Nop

Just received my 360 today ... but no code yet.
Ordered on the 14th, aka the last date for the 2nd chance offer.

Also received my 360 today. Have not opened it yet though just in case I don't get the code for the $100 credit and have to return it. I ordered on Friday the 13th.

Got my Arcade after the lightning deal snafu and they extended the offer to me via email. Got the console last friday and the promo code on saturday. If anyone got the code, beware that it is a one time use code so if you use it and only purchase something worth $40 you lose out on the last $60.

[quote name='nightmare452']Play Gears 1 first. Gears 2 story won't make as much sense without it, also a ton of fun. Crackdown is mediocre but Fable 2 and Mass Effect are arguably 2 of the 3 best games in the past 3 years, so great selection overall.[/QUOTE]

Crackdown with keys to the city mode added is undeniable fun to pass time when you're bored ... and Mass Effect rocks for the graphics and story, but Fable 2 is an incredibly mediocre RPG in my opinion. I'd recommend Dragons Age but the PC version far outshines the 360 version. Still, if your PC can't run it I find Dragons Age on 360 far better than the stilted and watered down play of Fable 2 (Fable 1 is actually a better, more fulfilling game if playing the game of the year edition)

bread's done
Back