Buy Arkham City at Walmart and get Arkham Asylum for free.

philippnguyen

CAG Veteran
Some people have told me that they've seen fliers for this at Walmart, and I just saw a television commercial ad that said the same thing. Buy Arkham City at walmart and you get Arkham Asylum for free. I think this is a good deal especially if you haven't played Arkham Asylum (Shame on you if you haven't!). Arkham Asylum is a great game, and if you plan on getting Arkham City, its your chance to pick up both!

Yeah, he should of posted this in the other thread, but go easy on him. Notice that he didn't say that you have to pre order Arkham City to get Arkham Asylum free. I saw this flier in Walmart as well. It just says to buy the game and you get AA free. And it didn't mention anything about pre ordering or Walmart.com. So take it for what its worth.

I know there have already been several posts about this, but it was assumed to be a pre-order only deal from walmart.com.

Knowing that you can buy it in store and still get AA is really helpful, so thanks!

I still don't get this deal and who the target crowd is. I just don't understand who would buy Arkham City at launch for full price if they didn't play AA? And if they do buy this are they just going to shelve AC and play AA first? AA has been as low as $15 new in the past, I don't get why peope who are interested in this deal would have ignored it at that price and are now willing to pay premium for the sequel just because AA is now included. I mean if you held off on getting AA this long, why not do the same with AC and essentially get both for cheaper down the line?

And no doubt I'm aware that some people just never got around to playing AA, or maybe just got themselves an HD console, but for the most part I still think it's an odd offer.

I think its a great deal considering that I just rented Arkham Asylum when it came out. Also, its the Game of the Year edition, which costs like $30. :)

I was thinking about buying it, then either returning AC or selling it, keeping AA for free eccentially.

[quote name='VersionJ']I was thinking about buying it, then either returning AC or selling it, keeping AA for free eccentially.[/QUOTE]

that's a brilliant plan eccentially.

[quote name='VersionJ']I was thinking about buying it, then either returning AC or selling it, keeping AA for free eccentially.[/QUOTE]

have fun trying to return AC without AA...its a different SKU and requires both to be returned :applause:

[quote name='ssjmichael']I still don't get this deal and who the target crowd is. I just don't understand who would buy Arkham City at launch for full price if they didn't play AA? And if they do buy this are they just going to shelve AC and play AA first? AA has been as low as $15 new in the past, I don't get why peope who are interested in this deal would have ignored it at that price and are now willing to pay premium for the sequel just because AA is now included. I mean if you held off on getting AA this long, why not do the same with AC and essentially get both for cheaper down the line?

And no doubt I'm aware that some people just never got around to playing AA, or maybe just got themselves an HD console, but for the most part I still think it's an odd offer.[/QUOTE]

I bit on the preorder with the $10 GC. I've already played/beat/traded in AA when it was released so this is just a way to get it back for my library. Plus interested in seeing what the extras are for the GOTY ed.Although w/o the GC I think the $30 coupon kmart is offering is a better deal.

bread's done
Back