Buy at Launch OR Wait a while

Yup, no official word on component cables yet. We don't even know if they will be bundled in with the Wii or not, but probably not.

Hopefully they are not going to be $60.00, like those Madcatz ones. That is probably a price holder though, eh?

I am dead serious about getting a system at launch. I'm just undecided as to how I'm going to go about doing that. I'm pretty keen on the idea of getting the machine at a midnight sale though. If I can get to a Wal-Mart on Nov. 18th after I get out of work, and the entire stock isn't spoken for by people already in line, then that's where I'll get it. I may still preorder it somewhere, too, just in case.

I'm not especially worried about them selling out everywhere, I just want to get one as soon as possible.

I'm getting one at lunch,

day of the launch :D. Hopefully by strolling into GR and picking up my not yet existing preorder. We shall see...

Though I am part of the camp disappointed at the $250 + only one controller, I'm getting one right away. With 4 of us in the family (me and 3 kids) chomping at the bit to play, I can't hardly put it off. I'll be really pissed (though not surprised) if the component cables aren't bundled and cost me $60 - because that means the Wii costs $310, not $250. Way back in 2003, my Gamecube cost $135 and came with the Zelda collection ($35 for the component cables via Nintendo). But I'll get one anyway... Having trade credit at GR and EB that will cover it in full makes the sting from the $310 (well, actually, $370 since I'll need at least one extra set of controllers) not so bad :D.

FWIW, I found out yesterday that you can preorder the controllers at Gamerush. All 3, actually - "controller", "classic controller", and "nunchuck". So I take that as a good sign that they will, in fact, get the systems in (which was under some doubt for a while there).

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']I am dead serious about getting a system at launch. I'm just undecided as to how I'm going to go about doing that. I'm pretty keen on the idea of getting the machine at a midnight sale though. If I can get to a Wal-Mart on Nov. 18th after I get out of work, and the entire stock isn't spoken for by people already in line, then that's where I'll get it. I may still preorder it somewhere, too, just in case.

I'm not especially worried about them selling out everywhere, I just one to get one as soon as possible.[/quote]
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. If these new production estimates are even somewhat accurate, then I don't see much reason to be worried about an immediate sell-out, but I'm more concerned with making sure I get what I want when I want it. For that reason, I don't mind doing the Wal-Mart wait - it's not a waste of time for me, because by doing the wait, I'm guaranteeing that I'll get the system and all of the games I want a little after midnight. No worrying, no risks, no concerns - and all it'll take is an afternoon/night out of our lives. So I'm with ya there! :)

bread's done
Back