Buy Call of Duty Advanced Warfare [Digital Only] on PS3/Xbox 360, Upgrade to PS4/X1 for Free

Hi all,

Sorry for such a silly question, but how can I order the digital edition for the 360 to take advantage of this?

When I try to pre-order through Amazon, I get that the digital version is not available on this platform.

All the other options seem to be disc only.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi all,

Sorry for such a silly question, but how can I order the digital edition for the 360 to take advantage of this?

When I try to pre-order through Amazon, I get that the digital version is not available on this platform.

All the other options seem to be disc only.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike
I believe the only way to get the digital version for the Xbox 360 is to wait for it to be released on the Xbox dashboard or Marketplace.

That is the way to did this same promotion for COD Ghosts and Destiny for the 360 to get the free copy on my One.

Kinda sad for millions gamer supporting this greedy lazy publisher. Spend $65 with taxes or more with CE or LE version less 5 hours on story mode and extra $50 plus taxes on DLC's. All of the DLC's should be in the game instead chopped it off &  turn it into DLC's.  We all Gamers Unite must STOP support all the greedy publishers.  DO NOT Pre-order or buying this  kinda game on 1st, 2nd or 3rd months after it hit retailer store.  I guarantee they will learn they lesson for mess with all gamers and we will not see  or paying any extra money for this kinda DLC's in the future. 

1. STOP pre-order or buy this kinda short game for $60 plus taxes the publisher will go bankruptcy or lost millions of dollars

2. STOP Supporting all DLC's in the future

HOW MANY STUPID & IDIOT Gamers out there will stand together ? If you want to use your money use it wisely.

Kinda sad for millions gamer supporting this greedy lazy publisher. Spend $65 with taxes or more with CE or LE version less 5 hours on story mode and extra $50 plus taxes on DLC's. All of the DLC's should be in the game instead chopped it off & turn it into DLC's. We all Gamers Unite must STOP support all the greedy publishers. DO NOT Pre-order or buying this kinda game on 1st, 2nd or 3rd months after it hit retailer store. I guarantee they will learn they lesson for mess with all gamers and we will not see or paying any extra money for this kinda DLC's in the future.

1. STOP pre-order or buy this kinda short game for $60 plus taxes the publisher will go bankruptcy or lost millions of dollars

HOW MANY STUPID & IDIOT Gamers out there will stand together ? If you want to use your money use it wisely.
Calling people stupid usually doesn't rally them to your cause, FYI.

Kinda sad for millions gamer supporting this greedy lazy publisher. Spend $65 with taxes or more with CE or LE version less 5 hours on story mode and extra $50 plus taxes on DLC's. All of the DLC's should be in the game instead chopped it off & turn it into DLC's. We all Gamers Unite must STOP support all the greedy publishers. DO NOT Pre-order or buying this kinda game on 1st, 2nd or 3rd months after it hit retailer store. I guarantee they will learn they lesson for mess with all gamers and we will not see or paying any extra money for this kinda DLC's in the future.

These games provide me the most hours out of any release every year without buying any DLC or the urge to do so. I guess I'm an idiot for that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL

giphy.gif

I am supposed to go pick this up today but I would be willing to get the digital version on ps3 if I can still gameshare it with my little brother. Is this still possible does anyone know?

i usually just buy the base game and get lots of enjoyment out of it. Wouldn't want Activision or Sledgehammer to go out of business. I wish THQ was still in business. I like to support companies that make video games I enjoy.

Bought the digital this morning for 360, but the Day Zero on the Xbone is showing $59.99 and the regular edition says unavailable.  Anybody else get both yet?

Cool that this is being rolled out. I'm GCU unlocked so I think getting a $10 reward cert from Best Buy for Preordering and getting this for $48 is a better deal. Yeah?

It came out today so how are you going to pre-order it

I just wait for it to hit $15 or less, I am still working on my pile of shame.

buy game at launch for under $30

play for 2 weeks

trade in for $44

they are fun for their MP aspect and i am sure i will rebuy when its on sale, these are video games not life altering global impact things.  save your rage for politics

Bought the digital this morning for 360, but the Day Zero on the Xbone is showing $59.99 and the regular edition says unavailable. Anybody else get both yet?
Im in the same boat as well. Im thinking we will have to wait till tomorrow to get it since thats official release even though we got the day zero edition.

OK I went to gamestop to buy a digital copy of COD the employee told me if I bought the PS3 digital version and upgraded to PS4 that my PS3 version would get locked and I wont be able to play it. I ended buying a PS4 hard copy still sealed and need someone to confirm that GS has no idea about this upgrade program. Already called 3 GS and they had no idea.

OK I went to gamestop to buy a digital copy of COD the employee told me if I bought the PS3 digital version and upgraded to PS4 that my PS3 version would get locked and I wont be able to play it. I ended buying a PS4 hard copy still sealed and need someone to confirm that GS has no idea about this upgrade program. Already called 3 GS and they had no idea.
Destroy them on a receipt. They are spreading lies -.-

I wish I could somehow easily score a cheaper digital version of a last gen copy then. I would be in for $30 but anything more than that right now for a COD is too much. Either way I do appreciate that they keep having promotions such as this.

Was there a cheap deal/price for the digital copy in the PS Store or something? I looked today and it shows as 59.99 for the PS3? Did I miss a preorder deal a while back or something?

That sounds like when I heard a GS employee telling someone that only GS was carrying the Day Zero edition.

Went back to GS to return the game and the employee that sold me the game stuck his nose and I told him he was wrong about the upgrade. The guy in cash register also confirmed that if you buy the PS3 digital version you can upgrade to the PS4 and play both. This dude unknowingly lied to people and I feel bad for any unlucky soul that got tricked into getting hard copies. Lesson of the story always go to GS thinking you know more than the employee. Downloading the PS3 version right now and will download the PS4 later tonight  :D/​ 

Im in the same boat as well. Im thinking we will have to wait till tomorrow to get it since thats official release even though we got the day zero edition.
I bought the 360 version of COD: AW also and was waiting for the XBox One copy for free today but no luck. I am guessing also that it will be available for free tomorrow the official day it releases.

I can confirm getting the PS4 version gets you the PS3 version as well, just rebuy the PS4 version on the store.
YEah seems to be working on the PS3/PS4 side but not the X1. I've tweeted Activision support but uh... nada yet.

So probably going to have to wait till tomorrow for the upgrade.

On the upside: You get both the 360 and X1 version. I rather wait a day for that bonus.

Sorry if this has been covered but if I buy the 360 version, do I get an actual code for the Xbox One version or is it tied to my account?  I'm wondering if I can buy for the 360 and sell the Xbox One code to someone.

Edit - Nevermind. I read in their FAQ that you need to access your account rather than given a code.

This hasn't been fixed on my end. Waiting to chat with MS support on the website.

Edit: MS suppost said this issue will be fixed by the end of the day and due to my conversation with them the problem on my end is "high priority to be fixed". The problem: The standard edition is STILL not available on the marketplace, the purchase on the 360 is not considered the day zero edition so you lose out on the free DLC *AND* have to wait for it to be up on the marketplace. MS did not offer me a code to download to download the day zero edition, however they did offer a full refund to re-purchase the game on the X1. I declined this refund because I'd hate to go back to the 360 and play this game and get a investigation/ban because I'm playing a game I was refunded on, while the chances of that happening are small It's not a risk I want take. Solution: Wait till this gets fixed whenever that may be, no Call of Duty till then and of course the inevitable giant file I have to download. MS is also directly e-mailing me once the problem is fixed on their end and that I can download the game.

Bottom line is I probably won't be doing this again expecting instant gratification. My friends better have a X1 by the time the next COD is out.

I'm at my brother's house and I'm looking to buy the game (and probably the season pass) under MY profile on his xbox 360, then when I go back home, download it on my 360, the do the upgrade on my Xbox One.
Is there anything special I need to do to designate my brother's 360 as the "home" console before downloading?

I'm at my brother's house and I'm looking to buy the game (and probably the season pass) under MY profile on his xbox 360, then when I go back home, download it on my 360, the do the upgrade on my Xbox One.
Is there anything special I need to do to designate my brother's 360 as the "home" console before downloading?
I think the first download is a machine license, so if you use your profile to purchase the game on your brother's 360, anyone on that console can play the game.

To be safe you can purchase the game thru the Xbox website. Then take your profile to your brother's house and start the download. Just make sure you don't turn your xbox on before your brother downloads it, otherwise it may start downloading on your machine first.

Anybody know if I were to buy a digital code from GameStop for Xbox 360 if the upgrade would work? Or does it have to be purchased via the console? Reason I'm asking is I want to get it for a friend.

Anybody know if I were to buy and digital code from GameStop for Xbox 360 if the upgrade would work? Or does it have to be purchased via the console? Reason I'm asking is I want to get it for a friend.
The code from GameStop just credits your account $65. That's how mine was anyway.

Sorry if this was asked/answered already. If I buy the 360 version, will I get the one version like any other xbox one purchase, meaning can I use it for game share?

EDIT: never mind, got it

It's a promotion going for both families of consoles (Xbox and PlayStation) through March sometime, not sure on the date.

Haven't turned on my 360 in a while, looks like this has been going on but might bite since I just got a XB1 for my kids.

thanks for merging, did try search and didn't find it. 

Hate to resurrect this from the dead but how do you activate this? I bought it on XB1 a few months ago and trying to get it on my 360 before the expiration.

Hate to resurrect this from the dead but how do you activate this? I bought it on XB1 a few months ago and trying to get it on my 360 before the expiration.
You had to buy it on 360 to get upgrade to xbox one.

It doesn't work backwards.

bread's done
Back