Buy COD4 get COD3 + 20% off accessory @ CompUSA B&M any platform

Damn all my CompUSA are OOS. If anybody has a store with the PC version in stock PM me. Maybe we could make a deal.

EDIT: The 360 versions are instock my local CompUSA, do you think I could go use this coupon and then later return my 360 copy whenever they get the PC version in stock?

Hmm

It says any 20% any game accessory, so with some convincing would I be able to get Assasin's Creed 20% off?
I'm thinking of getting CoD 3:Gold Edition, with CoD 4 and then adding Assasin's Creed next week when that comes out

Can I do this?

[quote name='Masterchip']Hmm

It says any 20% any game accessory, so with some convincing would I be able to get Assasin's Creed 20% off?
I'm thinking of getting CoD 3:Gold Edition, with CoD 4 and then adding Assasin's Creed next week when that comes out

Can I do this?[/QUOTE]

What do you think? Assassins Creed is a game, not an accessory.

[quote name='n00bie']What do you think? Assassins Creed is a game, not an accessory.[/quote]

Just talked to my local Comp-USA, they said if they will give me AC 20% off, but they only have 2 CoD 3 left, so why risk it when I'm already saving enough

So now the question is presented, which accessory should I get for Xbox 360?

Hmmmm not sure what I will do now...

Either do this deal for the PC version, get 360 COD3 and find some accessory for 20% off. (then I have to trade in or sell cod3)

or

On Tuesday get Crysis at CC for $40 and use the $10 GC for COD4 PC for $30. (or even better PM the whole deal at BB)

Decisions decisions #-o

[quote name='Masterchip']Just talked to my local Comp-USA, they said if they will give me AC 20% off, but they only have 2 CoD 3 left, so why risk it when I'm already saving enough

So now the question is presented, which accessory should I get for Xbox 360?[/quote]

Why do you keep asking silly questions? Can you get Assassin's Creed for 20% off? What accessory should you get?

Why do you need someone to tell you what accessory to get? Get what you need!

Man, I gave CC hell about the customer service girl telling me the PS3 version came with the free CoD3 and then not honoring it when I got to the store.

I don't know if I dare stick my head in the door to see if they will match this.

The best part about this is that you can mix-match. I prefer PC games --- so I will COD4 for PC, but then get COD3 for PS3 since it never came out on PC!

WOOT! WOOT!

THANKS!

Tuesday night, I was able to get PC COD4 + PS3 COD3 and was very satisfied, but I completely understood how Compusa is closing doors everywhere. My local Compusa was very poorly run (though with very polite and friendly workers). I was up at the counters, counted 2 customers being helped at on-line pick up desk, 1 customer being helped at service and repairs desk, and 3 customer looking around trying to find someone to ring them up at the regular cashier counters.

All the while, 8 workers were walking around doing various tasks just in my general area.

[quote name='Tideas']Which pricematch better? bestbuy or Circuit City?[/QUOTE]

I think it just depends on your stores. My Best Buy NEVER calls on a PM to check availability, but my CC ALWAYS calls to check. I have heard of other people having the exact opposite.

I'm not sure however how a PM will work with the added gift card in the mix.

Thanks OP. Tagging for later, once I have some money. Getting a $50-$60 PS3 game (Call of Duty 3) for free sounds great to me.

Awesome. A CompUSA is right near my brother's house and I am going there this weekend. Another great deal on a PC game. Any thoughts on COD 3 Wii? I probably will just get the 360 version anyway (which I previously owned and sold it. It was crap compared to COD2).

[quote name='dipset121']this deal is pretty good if you have any use for call of duty 3. I think I'm gonna wait on that target black friday deal.[/QUOTE]
I haven't planned on getting COD3 until now. Would love both games

Buy Call of Duty 4 for PS3 + Get Call of Duty 3 FREE

CompUSA has the offer on their website, you can buy from store or online.
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=SEARCH&Ntt=call+of+duty+4&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=call+of+duty+4&Ntk=All&product_code=349303

or you can goto your local Best Buy with the printout of the webpage and they will honor it. I called ahead to Best Buy and checked with one of their supervisors prior to making the trip down and picked up the two games.

Great Deal -

[quote name='sbains']Buy Call of Duty 4 for PS3 + Get Call of Duty 3 FREE

CompUSA has the offer on their website, you can buy from store or online.
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=SEARCH&Ntt=call+of+duty+4&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=call+of+duty+4&Ntk=All&product_code=349303

or you can goto your local Best Buy with the printout of the webpage and they will honor it. I called ahead to Best Buy and checked with one of their supervisors prior to making the trip down and picked up the two games.

Great Deal -[/quote]

On the link you noted above, it says in BOLD and CAPS, "IN-STORE ONLY!" :applause:

Did this earlier today. I mix and matched as well. I got CoD4 for the 360, and CoD3 for the PS3 (only because it still costs $60).

Nice find OP. I had given up on getting CoD4 anytime soon, but with this deal, I plan on returning CoD3 somewhere at a later date to get Assassin's Creed.

I checked the one in Reno, NV and they're out of stock as well.

I'll try to price match at Best Buy tomorrow and I'll post if it worked.

Too bad all the CompUSAs in the Chicago area have closed, as well as the CompUSA that's actually across the street from me now in Pleasanton, CA (where I am for the week). Otherwise, I'd jump on this.

well dont hit me, but CC 360 COD4 bundle @$60 is a great deal - it has free shipping online(or call it in) and they are in stock last I checked

Hurry while it still lasts.

[quote name='Bretts31344']Awesome. A CompUSA is right near my brother's house and I am going there this weekend. Another great deal on a PC game. Any thoughts on COD 3 Wii? I probably will just get the 360 version anyway (which I previously owned and sold it. It was crap compared to COD2).[/quote]

I really didn't like it. Some parts controlled well, but lots of parts didn't, and when you're using a system that depends on good controlls it kind of kills the game experience.

Also, I found the game to be very buggy. The whole thing felt rushed.

[quote name='kevlar51']I really didn't like it. Some parts controlled well, but lots of parts didn't, and when you're using a system that depends on good controlls it kind of kills the game experience.

Also, I found the game to be very buggy. The whole thing felt rushed.[/quote]

Thanks. I realized that Medal of Honor 2 comes out soon anyway and will probably be a much better choice later down the road. There is no online in the COD3 Wii version either...

Pretty good deal. I hope I'll have time to pick it up. CompUSA has cheaper MS Points than most stores, so I suggest that for your accessory.

EDIT: Bah. They raised their prices on Microsoft Points. It used to be $42.99 for 4000 and $17.99 for 1600. Now it's $50.99 and $21.99. LAME.

Any thumbs down on going with the PS3 vs the 360?
We can do either, but prefer the PS3.

...just read the wii comments...

Oh, and if you have shopped there recently, your receipt has a brief online survey that gives you a code at the end for -

$5 off $25
$10 off $50
and I forget the last tier...

Just got back from CompUSA and picked up my CODs for the 360. BTW you don't need the coupon for the freebie. It rings up with the promotion.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Just got back from CompUSA and picked up my CODs for the 360. BTW you don't need the coupon for the freebie. It rings up with the promotion.[/quote]

Hmmm what coupon?

[quote name='donut']Hmmm what coupon?[/quote]
There is a printout that you can take in store
http://image.compusa.com/pdf/call_of_duty071106.pdf

It wasn't necessary due to the promo ringing up in their system.

What i did notice at the bottom of the page was COD3 value removed from what you paid for both unless both returned. Could work out to getting COD4 free if you buy COD3 PS3 and return it. HMMM Food for thought.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']There is a printout that you can take in store
http://image.compusa.com/pdf/call_of_duty071106.pdf

It wasn't necessary due to the promo ringing up in their system.

What i did notice at the bottom of the page was COD3 value removed from what you paid for both unless both returned. Could work out to getting COD4 free if you buy COD3 PS3 and return it. HMMM Food for thought.[/QUOTE]

Forgive me, I don't quite get that. Are you saying that each item on the receipt shows up as 29.98? That would be sweet. I am personally going for the 360 COD4 and the COD3 on PS3.

I took in the coupon and I'm glad I did because it didn't ring up. I had a Call of Duty 4 for Xbox 360 and Call of Duty 3 for PS3 (I alreayd own it for Xbox 360).
The coupon is odd because there is no upc barcode on it but they gave it to me after scratching their heads for awhile.
So far, COD4 is amazing. I was tempted to get the PC version but no way I'm paying $50 for a PC game free game or no free game.
I know that thing will be $29 within 3 or 4 weeks.

[quote name='Zimmy']So far, COD4 is amazing. I was tempted to get the PC version but no way I'm paying $50 for a PC game free game or no free game.
I know that thing will be $29 within 3 or 4 weeks.[/quote]

Do you think the price is too high or something else? I actually prefer PC games.

[quote name='blah29']Forgive me, I don't quite get that. Are you saying that each item on the receipt shows up as 29.98? That would be sweet. I am personally going for the 360 COD4 and the COD3 on PS3.[/quote]

Sorry, what I was saying is that on the bottom of the print-out it states that if you choose to return COD3 the value of the game would be deducted from the total bill. I/E Get COD4(Your Choice) and COD3(PS3), turn around and return COD3 for PS3 and you should walk out with a free COD4. On my receipt the COD3 rang up at $0 not 1/2 and 1/2 like most normal promos.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Sorry, what I was saying is that on the bottom of the print-out it states that if you choose to return COD3 the value of the game would be deducted from the total bill. I/E Get COD4(Your Choice) and COD3(PS3), turn around and return COD3 for PS3 and you should walk out with a free COD4. On my receipt the COD3 rang up at $0 not 1/2 and 1/2 like most normal promos.[/QUOTE]

You're saying you can profit form this?! :whistle2:#

Actually, I just want to get rid of the PS3 version of CoD3 that I'm going to pick up this weekend. I'm thinking about trading it in to EB/GS, but if I can give it back to CompUSA and save money on my CoD4 and accessory purchase, I'll take that instead.

i took the CC ad to Best Buy and they said no go... but, I called in today and asked if they would match the offer and they said yes. I took my receipt, found the last copy of COD3 and they matched it. I'm happy, a free game is a free game

[quote name='Masterchip']Just talked to my local Comp-USA, they said if they will give me AC 20% off, but they only have 2 CoD 3 left, so why risk it when I'm already saving enough

So now the question is presented, which accessory should I get for Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

I would get the messenger keyboard if you dont already have it. Or a batter charger kit.

[quote name='hordak']Do you think the price is too high or something else? I actually prefer PC games.[/QUOTE]

I'm an old schooler, to me, no PC game should be higher than $39. Some time ago, the PC game makers got together and decided on this $50 price tag.

I understand if they want to fleece the sheep to recover some of their marketing costs, but PC game prices are so volitile that those prices never stick.
As an example, I already see COD4 PC is going to be $39 in next week's ads.

But what do I know, I also think no Wii game should be priced over $39 (since it is actually last gen stuff) but that doesn't stop them from doing it! ;)

Wow what a mess to pick this up today...
"note to self, do NOT try and buy a new release that scored 9 on a Friday"
After much struggle and BS
Bought 360 COD4 Limited for $59 (only version they had and after wasting a hour of my time ...deducted $10) PS3 COD 3 (free) Strat Guide $16 - $5 coupon from previous sales receipt/coupon..
Went across the street to BB (really wanted both on PS3 which were noted in stock on Comp's web and by phone...)
BB Store Manager and Store General Manager (lol first time to actually meet either title in a store) took my Comp receipt and pm'd both PS3 games/guide...even the $5 coupon ! Thanks BB!
also found the penny Sex Pistol Guitar hero faceplates x 4...
Alas back to Comp tomorrow for a return.

bread's done
Back