buy.com 4000 MS points 39.97

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Ya but tigerdirect doesn't have any in stock.[/QUOTE]

Huh? I just placed an order for 1 at Tiger Direct. Same $39.97 price with same $1.99 shipping, but Buy.com charges sales tax to CA while TD does not. Which doesn't make sense, since you are buying a cash/gift card and should not be taxed (retailers such as Target, Best Buy, and Toys R Us do not charge tax on points card).

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Ya but tigerdirect doesn't have any in stock.[/QUOTE] Looks like tigerdirect has 19 in stock and is selling them for the $39.97 plus $1.99 sh on buy.com. Buy.com price is 47.xx

[quote name='kklems']Looks like tigerdirect has 19 in stock and is selling them for the $39.97 plus $1.99 sh on buy.com. Buy.com price is 47.xx[/QUOTE]

Wow I did a search and just came up with a bunch of 360 deals. Maybe I glanced over it.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Wow I did a search and just came up with a bunch of 360 deals. Maybe I glanced over it.[/QUOTE]
No need to search the OP link takes you to the tigerdirect.com listing on buy.com. They are the ones offering the card.

looks like buy.com charges tax in IL as well. came out to about $45 with shipping and tax.

Will hold off for now. Thanks for the heads up though

IL forces all online stores to charge taxes for orders from IL. It's state law. I learned this from Roger Eberts blog, after wondering for months why stores that didn't even have local shops were suddenly charging me taxes.

[quote name='JK-C']IL forces all online stores to charge taxes for orders from IL. It's state law. I learned this from Roger Eberts blog, after wondering for months why stores that didn't even have local shops were suddenly charging me taxes.[/QUOTE]

I did hear about a law like this but I was under the impression it was for Amazon only. I have been buying things on the internet without tax for a long while. How long has this been in place?

[quote name='UndyingForce']I did hear about a law like this but I was under the impression it was for Amazon only. I have been buying things on the internet without tax for a long while. How long has this been in place?[/QUOTE]
Illinois is gonna try to pass this law, but hasn't as of yet. I've ordered a bunch of stuff recently thru amazon and have not been charged tax yet. I'm not sure if Illinoins are aware of this but we are supposed report everything we buy from amazon in our taxes. I don't see how the law won't pass unfortunately.

Looks like it has gone up in price, no longer 39.97. Went back to try and get a second one added and see if it would just be the one shipping and the deal was already over.

Thanks for the heads up, at least I got in for one.

[quote name='bengalboy']More great rules from the geniuses in charge of the state of Illinois.[/QUOTE]

The state's $150 billion in debt, the money has to come from somewhere.

bread's done
Back