Buy.com - B2G1 Free on select Xbox 360 titles (Platinum Hits program)

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
These games are confirmed working:
Army of Two
Forza Motorsport 2: The Complete Collection
Burnout Paradise
Mass Effect
Fight Night Round 3
Viva Pinata
Gears of War: 2-Disc Edition

http://www.buy.com/store/xbox-360-platinum-hits-program/67190.html?adid=17070&dcaid=17070

Platinum Hits Program: For a limited time, buy any two select Xbox 360 Platinum Hits from this store priced at $19.99 and get one FREE! Or pay just $10 more and get any of the $29.99 titles for free. To redeem this offer, just add any three Platinum Hits titles to your Shopping Cart and you will automatically be credited the price of one regularly priced Platinum Hits game during checkout ($19.99 value). Offer valid through 5/17. While Supplies Last. May not be combined with any other offer. Products must be purchased through Buy.com. Click here for additional details.

Nothing special.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not entirely sure which games are part of this, what confuses me is when I click on that link Army of Two and Burnout Paradise are there and they're not Platinum Hits.

When I do a search on Platinum Hits there seems to be games missing, like F.E.A.R.

Can anyone come up with a list of qualifying games ?

I don't think this works with other Platinum Hits on their website that AREN'T listed on the link the OP provided. I found Lost Planet (Colonies Edition) that was Platinum Hits on the website and I tried to run through the checkout process with two other Platinum Hits games (Mass Effect and Gears of War) and I didn't get the discount.

Edit: Just noticed that if you add three items from the list the OP provided, you'd know it works when a coupon shows up in your cart. That coupon didn't show up when I tried other Platinum Hits they have in stock like Tony Hawk's Project 8 or Lost Planet.

Yeah, I wish they had some more titles. Was gonna get Army of Two and Bad Company but I've got all the other games on the list minus Forza which I don't want.

[quote name='RoundeRx54']Bought Army of Two and Forza 2, and got Mass Effect for free.
344.jpg
Seems to be working fine for me.[/quote]
Just bought the same titles, worked fine for me as well, i had zero problems.:)

I'm still a bit confused. I was going to get Mass Effect, Gears and BF:BC. But it's still not showing a discount or coupon.
I thought it was because on BF:BC I just click "Add to Cart" but that just adds it from one of their marketplace sellers (which is cheaper) and not from buy.com itself.
But after adding the buy.com copy to my cart, I still don't see a coupon code.

Is it because that would be two 29.99 games and one 19.99 game?

Things glitched. Battlefield doesn't work. Tested by adding 3 Gears to my cart and it came up @ 23.33. You can also add 1 19.99 game and then add 2 Gears and get both Gears for 19.99 each = 59.97. So only Gears is working at the moment.

I'm not sure how it works but if you let your items sit in your cart for a few minutes with out checking out you get a pop-out for checkoutfree.com for $25.00 off your purchase.

Anyone know is this is legit?

I might bite for gears of war ( i wish it was a TAD cheaper) , mass effect, and burnout paradise. Thanks OP!

I guess BFBC isn't working because it's in the "$29.99 Qualifying Platinum Hits" when it's actual price is set at 20$.

Hopefully they fix this and group it with the other titles. It would be nice to get Burnout, Army, and Bad Company.

Shame I really wanted Battlefield. I regret trading that game in. Burnout might be a good choice for me and my friends. Same with Army of two. I Have most of the other games.

[quote name='PhilESkyline']Waiting for Fable 2 and Halo 3 to hit that list.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how neither are PH and the sale ends 5/17, it looks like you won't be getting in on this deal, and you might be waiting at least a year for those titles to drop to PH status, if Halo 3 ever will.

[quote name='Caliburn']Seeing as how neither are PH and the sale ends 5/17, it looks like you won't be getting in on this deal, and you might be waiting at least a year for those titles to drop to PH status, if Halo 3 ever will.[/QUOTE]

Fable 2 most likely won't hit GH for at least a few more months.

However, looks like Halo 3's on it's way to the GH line.

[quote name='Joystiq']
We'd also like to point out that, while snooping around the Microsoft press site for images of these games, we noticed Halo 3 "Classics" in the "Upcoming Games" category -- the same note found next to all other Platinum Hits games. Interesting, hmm?[/QUOTE]
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/14/xbox-360-platinum-hits-are-numerous-cheap-rebranded/

[quote name='cmart05']and if anyone was not aware I believe all these come with new Platinum Hits packaging.[/QUOTE]
Is it all of them now? I heard that Gears 1 and Army of Two are the only games so far with the new packaging.

Note to the OP...This does not include free shipping. I tried to put in Ao2, BP and FN3. It gave me the discount but when I got to the review order page there was a $6.30 shipping charge. I also looked through the deal and it says nothing about free shipping. It does say it can't be combined with any other offer. Buy.com considers free shipping a special offer so I don't think you can get it.

bread's done
Back