Buy.com Black Friday screw-up on Polar Express "BluRay 3D"

turls

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Got a decent deal, not great, on Polar Express sometime in the Black Friday madness. Can't remember exactly what day.

Yes, the picture and the UPC show the new one that just came out--the date of release on the web page is right. What arrived in the mail? The crappy anaglyph red-blue one that came out like 2 years ago.

I don't know how a retailer like Buy.com lets a 3rd party do a "featured" BF deal and not make them more accountable for this. They passed me off to the 3rd party and the 3rd party (some place I've never heard of out of PA) are telling me to ship it back at my expense and they will refund my shipping cost. Very nebulous on refund or replacement with the right thing. Just very low-rent customer service. Why don't you send me a call tag so I don't have to waste any more time on this worthless bait and switch?

The excuse--they look alike? Give me a break.

Mainly posting here to give a heads up on "deals" going forward on BluRay 3D. Seems there are going to be people trying to unload old junk. Also, did anybody else get burnt by this?

In the overall scheme of the world this isn't that big of a deal, but something really rubs me the wrong way about this, like they were trying to dupe unsuspecting people that will be putting this under the Christmas tree. For all I know, this place disappears before Christmas and since Buy.com washes hands of 3rd party dealings, you'd be left fighting with the credit card company.

Yeah, the target thread is so much more interesting. But hell, you knew that already because you already imparted your infinite wisdom there.

[quote name='turls']Yeah, the target thread is so much more interesting. But hell, you knew that already because you already imparted your infinite wisdom there.[/QUOTE]

Fo shizzle

bread's done
Back