Buy.com Dual Shock 3 $35 after GCO

I picked up one already. Well worth it too. I can't see a new controller going for any cheaper than that for a LONG time.

Just got one with the gco.. I have used that thing 5 times already. I always use a new email, I just set one up with gmail, then and this is probably the only reason it works, is you need to use a virtual credit card num. Lots of the big credit card companies have them.. they are one time use numbers meant so people can feel more secure about shopping online. I guess google only checks people by their email address and credit card # because I have used the same name and address several times, just diff. email and cred. #'s each time.

Thanks OP. 35 for a DualShock 3 is gonna be great. My kid has been wanting to play Resistance Fall of Man co-op, but I only had 1 controller. Plus you KNOW Metal Gear Solid 4 is gonna have some kind of funky vibration thing with the new game, or at least I hope they do. =)

hm how do you get a virtual cc #? I tried searching for some information before but never came back with anything useful.

I tapped out my GCO long time ago lol

[quote name='imascrub']hm how do you get a virtual cc #? I tried searching for some information before but never came back with anything useful.

I tapped out my GCO long time ago lol[/QUOTE]

well, with me I have a citibank online account for my credit card, there is an option when you login called VIRTUAL credit card number.. not all the banks have them, but I think most the big banks do.

[quote name='blah29']well, with me I have a citibank online account for my credit card, there is an option when you login called VIRTUAL credit card number.. not all the banks have them, but I think most the big banks do.[/QUOTE]

So, it pretty much is a generic number that is used but links to your account for people that may be too scared to use their actual credit card number online?

[quote name='solidrock']So, it pretty much is a generic number that is used but links to your account for people that may be too scared to use their actual credit card number online?[/QUOTE]

exactly.

It is to encourage people to use their credit cards to buy at online vendors that maybe they don't know or might be afraid of giving their real credit card info to. Usually only good for one use, and it is usually a randomly generated number. Most the big banks have them if you have your account online.

Thanks to GCO! I dunno how they keep doing these offers, but it is google and they have money up the WAZOO. A friend of mine works at google and he said it is CRAZY how large the corporate campus is. It is like a million buildings, etc..

Since this is my first time using buy.com, how long does it usually take for the budget shipping to actually arrive?

[quote name='solidrock']Since this is my first time using buy.com, how long does it usually take for the budget shipping to actually arrive?[/QUOTE]

depends where you are in the country.. they have a couple shipment centers.

I ordered a PSP Slim a few months ago, ordered on a friday, and had it on Monday morning. Other times as long as the item was instock at time of ordering, I have gotten it within 5-7 days.

It has been awhile since i've used GCO, is the discount supposed to show up right away or when I get my invoice via email?

[quote name='blah29']Just got one with the gco.. I have used that thing 5 times already. I always use a new email, I just set one up with gmail, then and this is probably the only reason it works, is you need to use a virtual credit card num. Lots of the big credit card companies have them.. they are one time use numbers meant so people can feel more secure about shopping online. I guess google only checks people by their email address and credit card # because I have used the same name and address several times, just diff. email and cred. #'s each time.

Thanks OP. 35 for a DualShock 3 is gonna be great. My kid has been wanting to play Resistance Fall of Man co-op, but I only had 1 controller. Plus you KNOW Metal Gear Solid 4 is gonna have some kind of funky vibration thing with the new game, or at least I hope they do. =)[/quote]

They apparently only check email addresses. I have used GCO over 20 times, all with the same credit card number, over the past two years at least.

Nice, saw this on the buy.com email today and took advantage of it. Well, I mean, my wife took advantage of it. ;) Love that Google Checkout $10 off deal!

Thanks OP!

[quote name='coolsteel']It has been awhile since i've used GCO, is the discount supposed to show up right away or when I get my invoice via email?[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='coolsteel']Anyone?[/quote]

You should see the discount before you finalize your order...if it doesn't show up, you didn't get it

[quote name='F34R']They apparently only check email addresses. I have used GCO over 20 times, all with the same credit card number, over the past two years at least.[/quote]

It backfired on me recently. I did the DS3 controller, and then 3 days later tried to do GCO for Zack & Wiki (with different e-mail and same card). Though it went through, I got an e-mail after saying it had canceled my order, etc.

[quote name='h2dk']You should see the discount before you finalize your order...if it doesn't show up, you didn't get it[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks

[quote name='Antic']It backfired on me recently. I did the DS3 controller, and then 3 days later tried to do GCO for Zack & Wiki (with different e-mail and same card). Though it went through, I got an e-mail after saying it had canceled my order, etc.[/QUOTE]

I heard that has happened to people before also. If you can, the best bet is to use a new email address and a new virtual credit card #. That's what I have done and my order is now in the "in process" stage, whatever that means. Same thing has happened all the other times I have done this.

[quote name='Antic']It backfired on me recently. I did the DS3 controller, and then 3 days later tried to do GCO for Zack & Wiki (with different e-mail and same card). Though it went through, I got an e-mail after saying it had canceled my order, etc.[/QUOTE]

I heard that has happened to people before also. If you can, the best bet is to use a new email address and a new virtual credit card #. That's what I have done and my order is now in the "in process" stage, whatever that means. Same thing has happened all the other times I have done this.

Thank you blah29. I have been unable to use GCO because I had already used both of my credit cards but it appears that the virtual credit card # will work. I just ordered the Terminator 2 blu-ray for under $4 shipped. Hopefully it doesn't get canceled.

[quote name='F34R']They apparently only check email addresses. I have used GCO over 20 times, all with the same credit card number, over the past two years at least.[/quote]

hmm wow maybe it just needs some time to cool down or something lol
When google checkout was first offered I think the most I was able to get was 2 or 3 times because of the number of cc's i have. After that they wouldn't go through even though I created new e-mails, changed my name slightly, etc...

I've used GCO around 11 times and I think they blacklisted me, because no matter what PayPal SecureCard or email address I use, GCO always cancels my order now (and also points out I'm not a new user). I've tried slightly changing my e-mail address too, so I just gave up.

Was there a good amount of time in between each time you used it?

ordered one. i got my ps3 from gamefunk and the control is really crappy. the analog stick gets stuck all the time, so this is nice and at an awesome price. thanks!

Thanks OP. Price came out to $38.xx due to CA sales tax.

Damn Sony for forcing me to buy practically the same controller for another generation.

bread's done
Back