Buy.com/eBay XBL Gold for $29.24 (or less) / Gold Messenger for $41.24 (or less)

st964p62

CAGiversary!
I posted this in another thread, but since people seem to be looking for XBL subscription deals I figured I would create a new one.

You can actually get the Xbox Live messenger bundle from Buy.com on eBay. Buy.com is an eBay seller, they have it listed for the regular price of 54.99 (no tax/free shipping), and you can get the 25% Live Cashback since it's Buy-It-Now. End result is $41.24 after cashback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120336416367&category=139969

They've also got the 13 month card for 38.98 - 25% = $29.24

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150298041597&category=139969

Edit:

Here's the eBay 10% off, but not everyone may be eligible.

http://pages.ebay.com/coupon/CHOLIDAYNOV2008/

-Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jacknicklson']Don't they use a 3rd party checkout system making this null and void?[/QUOTE]

I bought one last night and it worked for me. It does mention the non-ebay checkout during the process, but states that as long as you pay with paypal you're eligible. I got the cashback notification email. So things should be good.

Thanks, snagged the 13 month card. This is news to me since as of two days ago, Buy's ebay sales weren't eligible for cashback since ebay said they required a third party checkout.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']So, how does Live Cashback work?

Also, got any links to these coupons?[/QUOTE]

Search around for live search cashback and you should be able to find the procedure (i'm in training and can't type it all out right now). Regretfully no ebay coupons, i think they send them directly to you.

-Rob

[quote name='jacknicklson']Don't they use a 3rd party checkout system making this null and void?[/QUOTE]

They've apparently addressed that very recently. Just got my cashback (not instant, but it shows up).

Apparently they also fixed the shipping price on the messenger bundle too. I sent them an e-mail message about a month ago because they had a ridiculous shipping cost that killed the deal.

Oh well. I ended up buying this direct from buy.com and used the current revolution exchange $5 off promo. This is definitely a great price though...I don't see quantity lasting that long at ~$42.

thanks needed to get a card since Im on the one month trial(new xbox owner). I ended doing the 25% cashback and 10% coupon, ended up being $25.33 !!

Thanks!!

Sweet, I just picked up the card. I've never used live cashback before this time. How long does it take before it shows up as pending or whatever in the cashback thing?

[quote name='deszaras']Sweet, I just picked up the card. I've never used live cashback before this time. How long does it take before it shows up as pending or whatever in the cashback thing?[/QUOTE]

Takes a few days to show up. You should get an email almost immediately.

[quote name='st964p62']Takes a few days to show up. You should get an email almost immediately.[/quote]

Thanks. I did show up but damn if it will be pending for 59 days.

Wow, you are very cool, thanks!

I've never understood if there was a difference between a "subscription" card and a "renewal" card. Can I use this 13 month card to renew my Gold subscription or is it for new members only?

$41.24 + $53.99 * 0.0775% tax in several states (CA* (7.750%).

+$4.185 tax for a total of $45.425 after 60 days.

Have to pay $58.185 up front though

[quote name='Demix500']$41.24 + $53.99 * 0.0775% tax in several states (CA* (7.750%).

+$4.185 tax for a total of $45.425 after 60 days.

Have to pay $58.185 up front though[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you do end up saving quite a bit later on. I'd love to be living in SoCal right now. Working on making it happen. =)

Anyone have a spare 48-Hour Live card? Mine expired a week ago and im waiting for this messenger bundle to come in

bread's done
Back