Buy.com - Halo 4 Limited Edition Preorder $79.17 shipped

thanks for the post! did you get charged for it immediately? or does buy.com charge when they ship, also is it possible to cancel pre orders with buy.com? I remember reading somewhere that you can't cancel buy.com pre orders. If anyone knows let us know thanks!

[quote name='srac84']thanks for the post! did you get charged for it immediately? or does buy.com charge when they ship, also is it possible to cancel pre orders with buy.com? I remember reading somewhere that you can't cancel buy.com pre orders. If anyone knows let us know thanks![/QUOTE]

Hoping somebody else can better answer. Honestly it's been ages since I used them ever since they started charging tax to Illinois. I see a request order cancel button on my order though.

Order Cancellation Process
Buy.com strives to process your order as quickly as possible. In our effort to prevent delays, the period of time available to cancel an order is short. You may elect to cancel your entire order or a portion of your order as long as the order has not entered the shipping process. An item that is in the shipping process cannot be cancelled because it is being picked from the shelves, packaged, and stacked on the loading dock.

Canceling Preordered Items

Please note that preordered games, videos, DVDs and books enter the shipping process when the order is created. This happens prior to release date in order to ensure timely delivery. As a result, preordered games, videos, DVDs and books cannot be canceled.

[quote name='kevgret']

Please note that preordered games, videos, DVDs and books enter the shipping process when the order is created. This happens prior to release date in order to ensure timely delivery. As a result, preordered games, videos, DVDs and books cannot be canceled. [/QUOTE]

Has it always been this way? If so that is really shady.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Has it always been this way? If so that is really shady.[/QUOTE]

I don't really see myself cancelling it if it holds that price. Does anyone know if they have a preorder price lock guarantee like Amazon?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Has it always been this way? If so that is really shady.[/QUOTE]

I've had some bad experiences with buy.com in the past.. I'm not going to take a chance with this one.. good deal for those who want to roll the dice..

When will my credit card be charged?

Credit cards- Since we don't think you should pay for your order until it is actually on its way, Buy.com will not bill you until your products, including backordered or preordered items, are actually shipped. In the case of Music Downloads we will bill you at the time of purchase.

Debit cards - We do authorize funds from your account as soon as you place an order, which may affect the available funds in debit accounts. With most banks, these authorizations will usually reflect as a "pending" transaction until your order ships and is officially billed.

We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, RevolutionCard, and government credit cards.

Please be sure to provide your exact billing address and telephone number--the address and phone number your credit card company has on file for you. Incorrect information may cause a delay in processing your order.

We never bill for credit card service fees.

You can be confident that your personal and account information is secure at Buy.com. We employ the latest 128-bit encryption technology in all parts of our site that require any personal information. Please read our security promise for more information.

[quote name='UrJudge']is buy.com even reliable?
thats a nice preorder deal. i dont even think newegg or amazon can match this[/QUOTE]

Is it a reputable site? Yes. Do they have the same quality of CS as Amazon? No. Do they know how to pack things carefully, especially collectors editions? Hell no.

I'm not entirely sure if shady is the right word. That makes it sound like Buy.com is mistrustful, which they in no way are unless Rakuten is, and from how this looks. since they tell you upfront, I would say that this is more lame than anything.

thats a nice preorder deal. i dont even think newegg or amazon can match this[/QUOTE]

I use Buy.com a lot for new games because they do not charge me tax, often offer $20 credit (although you have to wait two weeks before you can use it), and often times, have a lower price. The only downside to me is that I do not get the games until the Thursday after they come out. A good example of my experience though is Max Payne 3, I bought it for $55 shipped, got the $20 credit and when Amazon put the game on sale briefly for $49-something, I wrote in and got a refunded price match for the difference with no hassle.

I just bought the $445 yamaha YHT-S401 a few weeks ago with no issue. $155 cheaper than everyone else

I've purchased several items from Buy.com and am happy to say I've never had anything but good experiences with them.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']I use Buy.com a lot for new games because they do not charge me tax, often offer $20 credit (although you have to wait two weeks before you can use it), and often times, have a lower price. The only downside to me is that I do not get the games until the Thursday after they come out. A good example of my experience though is Max Payne 3, I bought it for $55 shipped, got the $20 credit and when Amazon put the game on sale briefly for $49-something, I wrote in and got a refunded price match for the difference with no hassle.[/QUOTE]

They have a good PM policy posted, however in my experience they weasel their way out. I wanted to PM BB's MW3 for 51.99 on release week, and they said they don't match sale prices. I won't buy from Buy because of the shadiness of the Indian CS and slow shipping.

I've never had any issues with buy.com... have bought several items over the last few years. As for this deal... tempting... but... I think I'll wait.

[quote name='kevgret']Order Cancellation Process
Buy.com strives to process your order as quickly as possible. In our effort to prevent delays, the period of time available to cancel an order is short. You may elect to cancel your entire order or a portion of your order as long as the order has not entered the shipping process. An item that is in the shipping process cannot be cancelled because it is being picked from the shelves, packaged, and stacked on the loading dock.

Please note that preordered games, videos, DVDs and books enter the shipping process when the order is created. This happens prior to release date in order to ensure timely delivery. As a result, preordered games, videos, DVDs and books cannot be canceled. [/QUOTE]

I have had some bad experiences in the past with them, but as far as pre-orders go, you can call customer support and ask them to cancel. If they give you any trouble, just insist on cancelling. Just don't expect their quality of service to be anywhere near as good as Amazon's.

bread's done
Back