Buy.com - Kinect - $139.99 free ship

I won't pay more than $99.99 for this, and that's only considering that 40% or more of Xbox 360 titles support this. To me, it's a gimmick, and something to bring in "non-gamers" to the Xbox family. It's almost laughable that Xbox prides itself on the "hardcore gamer", and yet Kinect couldn't be more "soft".

Played dance central at my cousins for new years, was fun and I hate to dance.

I couldn't see myself spending 150+ on it just for social gaming tho.

[quote name='TheLounge']Played dance central at my cousins for new years, was fun and I hate to dance.

I couldn't see myself spending 150+ on it just for social gaming tho.[/QUOTE]

I do DDR, Lego, etc with my kids... Kinect will be cool for us but not for $150... when I drops a bit more I'll snag it.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I won't pay more than $99.99 for this, and that's only considering that 40% or more of Xbox 360 titles support this. To me, it's a gimmick, and something to bring in "non-gamers" to the Xbox family. It's almost laughable that Xbox prides itself on the "hardcore gamer", and yet Kinect couldn't be more "soft".[/QUOTE]

The thing just came out. All of the games out for it right now are basically tech demos while the real stuff is getting developed. Remember the crap that came out with the 360 and PS3 when they first released? Then a year after they each hit the market we saw Gears of War and Uncharted.

Give Kinect a solid year. If the lineup still sucks after that then you may have a point. I think Star Wars Kinect and Steel Battalion looks awesome though.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']I'd rather walk outside than stand in front of my tv dancing around or punching the air.[/QUOTE]

So will everybody else who bought MS's Wii wanna be, bar. Trends come and go. Real controlers are here forever.

But I must admit if you are in with the other sheeple, its a pretty good deal on it.

bread's done
Back