Buy.com messup, I got a free game?!

Supercake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I put in a order at Buy.com for Etrian Odyssey, but it was canceled on June 4th. This was Buy.com canceling, against my wishes, they ran out of stock it seems. I ordered it using Google Checkout's 10$ off. I also recieved a refund on June 4th.

But, I ended up getting a package from Buy.com today, turns out they sent me the game anyway. I checked my email, since I hadn't after the cancel, and I got the usual emails. One from Buy.com saying my order shipped, and the Google Checkout reciept. But, the reciept also has a refund on it, so the total reads 0.00?!

Very, very odd. I'm just hoping I don't get a sudden charge for this game. Should I be worried?

Err, if you ordered it anyway, you were willing to pay for it, so even if you do get a sudden charge, it would just mean the transaction went through as you originally anticipated. So the only thing to 'worry' about is that, worse case scenario, you might buy the item as you originally agreed to. :p

[quote name='garfep']Err, if you ordered it anyway, you were willing to pay for it, so even if you do get a sudden charge, it would just mean the transaction went through as you originally anticipated. So the only thing to 'worry' about is that, worse case scenario, you might buy the item as you originally agreed to. :p[/quote]

I don't know anything about this game as far as release dates, etc - but maybe since he was under the impression that his order was cancelled from buy.com, he bought it somewhere else?

I did end up buying it at EB, so now I'm stuck with 2 copies. I was damn stupid and lost my receipt, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Since it's Atlus, I'm hoping maybe value will increase later on, then I can just Ebay it. If trade in price is around 18$, I could trade it in, that's how much I would have paid if Buy.com charged me.

[quote name='Supercake']I did end up buying it at EB, so now I'm stuck with 2 copies. I was damn stupid and lost my receipt, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Since it's Atlus, I'm hoping maybe value will increase later on, then I can just Ebay it. If trade in price is around 18$, I could trade it in, that's how much I would have paid if Buy.com charged me.[/QUOTE]

This would be the first time I've heard of someone saying they were "stuck" with a free game...

[quote name='Supercake']I did end up buying it at EB, so now I'm stuck with 2 copies. I was damn stupid and lost my receipt, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Since it's Atlus, I'm hoping maybe value will increase later on, then I can just Ebay it. If trade in price is around 18$, I could trade it in, that's how much I would have paid if Buy.com charged me.[/quote]
EBAY also needs the additional charge:cool:

[quote name='Supercake']I did end up buying it at EB, so now I'm stuck with 2 copies. I was damn stupid and lost my receipt, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Since it's Atlus, I'm hoping maybe value will increase later on, then I can just Ebay it. If trade in price is around 18$, I could trade it in, that's how much I would have paid if Buy.com charged me.[/QUOTE]

Shit, I'd buy it from you for $18 ;)

Had the same thing happen to me with Zelda Twilight Princess for the Wii. Ordered game in november and it was sold out. Waited until near christmas time and then I contacted customer service about it as it was showing as In stock on the website. Customer service wrote back and said my order got "stuck" so they fixed it.

4 days later the game arrived... 2 days after that it arrived again.

bread's done
Back