Buy.com - RAZER Barracuda AC-1 Soundcard - $59.99 - $10 Off with GCO

sovietspartan

CAG Veteran
I missed out on the wootoff deal for this soundcard @57.99 +$5 shipping.:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

I just ordered this using GCO and my total came out to $54.34. So im returning my X-fi Fatality (not much sound improvement over my stock Soundblaster 5.1 Live VALUE) to bby tomorrow (149.99).

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=207534819&adid=17070&dcaid=17070

This thing is selling for $149.99 on Newegg.com

This supports up to EAX 2.0.

Here is a review:
http://techgage.com/article/razer_barracuda_ac-1_sound_card/1

If you have any questions regarding the capabilities of this card this review should answer it, or I may be able to. Vista compatible. And hopefully this card doesnt have the same problem that X-fi cards do with NVIDIA chipsets. I heard that the X-fi taxes the PCI bus and the chipset doesn't give it what the card wants which is why after playing Battlefield 2 after 5 minutes or whenever someone starts a UAV scan, the awful static and crackling issue.... Creative blames NVIDIA for this problem but if the RAZER doesnt have this Issue and my SB 5.1 CHEAPO doesn't have this issue, its definitely thier crap drivers.

Now if anyone has a deal on the Barracuda headphones let me know. BBY has them for 129.99 atm.

Actually, the Woot Off price was $59.99 as well. I picked one up. It sounds AWESOME. Nice upgrade from my trusty ol' Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I refuse to put Creative crap in my system. Ever since the tech support told me my PCI bus was underclocked at 33mhz, and should be pushed to 66mhz, and that would fix my crackling problems (and they refused to issue an RMA or do anything until I fixed the "problem" [which would've fried my system probably as 33mhz IS standard!!]) I knew they were boneheaded.

But on topic, the Razer's great, haven't had the time to really push it through it's paces but even hooked up to my stereo is sounds about as good as any other component in my system, even on kinda mid-quality MP3s and the like. VERY happy.

The only "gotcha" is that the card is fairly large and kinda pushes the PCI spec for size-- in my system the EMI shield comes VERY close to touching the card below it, and the screw hole slot seems a bit misaligned compared to other cards. So keep that in mind when you install it and double check it's not touching anything.

[quote name='Justin42']Actually, the Woot Off price was $59.99 as well. I picked one up. It sounds AWESOME. Nice upgrade from my trusty ol' Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I refuse to put Creative crap in my system. Ever since the tech support told me my PCI bus was underclocked at 33mhz, and should be pushed to 66mhz, and that would fix my crackling problems (and they refused to issue an RMA or do anything until I fixed the "problem" [which would've fried my system probably as 33mhz IS standard!!]) I knew they were boneheaded.

But on topic, the Razer's great, haven't had the time to really push it through it's paces but even hooked up to my stereo is sounds about as good as any other component in my system, even on kinda mid-quality MP3s and the like. VERY happy.

The only "gotcha" is that the card is fairly large and kinda pushes the PCI spec for size-- in my system the EMI shield comes VERY close to touching the card below it, and the screw hole slot seems a bit misaligned compared to other cards. So keep that in mind when you install it and double check it's not touching anything.[/quote]

Seriously Creative told me the same thing, I'm really starting to think its Creative Drivers because Source games use thier own DSP... guess what? NO CRACKLING OR STATIC. Take your x=ram and ram it up your x :p

I can't wait to get this in my system! Do u have the HP-1s by anychance and would u recommend them?

bread's done
Back