buy.com's ebay store xbox Live 13 month card $29.99

Oh man this site is awesome. I missed out on the last group of them and have been kicking myself ever since. Thanks a ton for the second chance, hope I get a chance to return the favor.

Do these cards ever expire? I don't currently have an XB360, but there's a chance I may get one sometime in the future.

What's goofy is if you bought it last Sunday (?) morning and they e-mailed you and told you they wouldn't fulfill your order and you would have to go through some goofy procedure to retract the bid, you can now pay for your original order they said they weren't going to fulfill. I had never gotten the e-mail that told me how to retract (so I wouldn't get flagged for non-payment--which is RIDICULOUS that it is back on me to fix their screw up), so I just went ahead and paid.

I also ordered the Wal-Mart one, so I may keep both or I may return the Wal-Mart one (tax). Or maybe Buy.com will screw me out of this one too, but at least it is back on them to refund my money and get the negative feedback.

PM'd to BB, didn't even ask questions. 29.99 + RZ points.

I wonder if we are all suckers and the rumors of LIVE (Gold) being free soon would suck.

In for 2. My LIVE was up for renewal in April at $49.99. Saving a heap of money and will have 26 months of LIVE for less than $3/mo. Fantastic deal, I'm horrified though about dealing with buy's ebay account since dealing with their website can be a miserable customer service/support experience. Great find OP, thanks a bunch. You saved me $40!

"PM'd to BB, didn't even ask questions. 29.99 + RZ points.

I wonder if we are all suckers and the rumors of LIVE (Gold) being free soon would suck."

I don't see that happening with the killing they're making on LIVE right now. It's got such relatively low overhead for them, it's just about like printing money.

[quote name='pun123']PM'd to BB, didn't even ask questions. 29.99 + RZ points.

I wonder if we are all suckers and the rumors of LIVE (Gold) being free soon would suck.[/quote]

Live will never be free, if they wanted it to be free, they'd done it from the start. Imagine all the months or years in advance some folks have on their accounts, that'd be alot to pay back or refund, it won't happen. Furthermore there's always rumors of Live being FREE, and it is never true, dont believe the hype, just buy these subs cheap!

[quote name='pun123']PM'd to BB, didn't even ask questions. 29.99 + RZ points.

I wonder if we are all suckers and the rumors of LIVE (Gold) being free soon would suck.[/quote]

Holy crap you got Best buy to price match Ebay? That's insane!

Just got in for 2. Too bad I missed out on the other deals b4 my live renewed on the 23rd of Dec. Time to call up MS and ask them to politley remove my CC from my account as I will use in-store cards from now on/deals online!

Thanks for the topic as well.

Thanks very much for this heads up! I've been just missing out on this deal the last week or so, glad to have gotten a chance to grab one. (and yes i only bought one, need to leave some for everyone else so i have someone to play with on live!)

[quote name='duhdude']Live will never be free, if they wanted it to be free, they'd done it from the start. Imagine all the months or years in advance some folks have on their accounts, that'd be alot to pay back or refund, it won't happen. Furthermore there's always rumors of Live being FREE, and it is never true, dont believe the hype, just buy these subs cheap![/quote]

But it is free for Windows, even though it wasn't for the first 18 or so months of its existence. I'm sure there were people that were payed up in advance to play Halo 2 for Windows too, and the only response to them would be to buy a 360.

Its highly unlikely, but not for the reasons you give.

So I am stakced for 3 years now, end in 2012, i hoep these deals come back in mid 2011 for another cheap 3 years!

[quote name='turls']But it is free for Windows, even though it wasn't for the first 18 or so months of its existence. I'm sure there were people that were payed up in advance to play Halo 2 for Windows too, and the only response to them would be to buy a 360.

Its highly unlikely, but not for the reasons you give.[/quote]

Different animal, theres what 15 million live users, all who probably paid in advance somehow for 3 months or a year, so youre telling methey'd alienate their entire base of users and just let them lose money??? Thatd be very silly, i understand your stance, but it wont be free...enjoy live! hopefully we cna play sometime

For those that went the eBay route earlier in the week (I did), but couldn't check out. You can check out with that auction now. At least it let me check out. Then you don't have to worry about buy.com leaving negative feedback on your account.

This is good timing. I almost bought one off Amazon today, but decided to hold off. Glad I waited.

Thanks OP, in for 2. I got one for my friend in Europe because it's like 80 bucks there for a year card. I'll just email him the code. Hopefully it works cause I read online that it did, only point card codes don't work across territories.

[quote name='omyard']For those that went the eBay route earlier in the week (I did), but couldn't check out. You can check out with that auction now. At least it let me check out. Then you don't have to worry about buy.com leaving negative feedback on your account.

This is good timing. I almost bought one off Amazon today, but decided to hold off. Glad I waited.[/quote]

Noted in post #12. Good to know I'm not the only one, but do you really think they will fulfill it?

yea its a great deal
smile.gif

Do these cards have an expiration date? I don't currently have an XB360, but there's a chance I may get one in the future.

It was in stock 15 minutes ago, now 0 remains. Missed it...

[quote name='sTaTIx']Do these cards have an expiration date? I don't currently have an XB360, but there's a chance I may get one in the future.[/quote]
There is an expiration date, but many CAGs have used expired cards without any problem.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']It was in stock 15 minutes ago, now 0 remains. Missed it...[/quote]

The fuck? I ordered one 15 minutes ago and there were 1000+ in stock at the time.

[quote name='Kendro']The fuck? I ordered one 15 minutes ago and there were 1000+ in stock at the time.[/QUOTE]

hoarders ftw. And its sad because its barely a profit and they ruin it for those who would have used it.

Really, there's a good likelyhood that these hoarders are going to make very little profit on these items so while it will probably cost you a couple more bucks just keep your eyes open on ebay and you can probably get your hands on one for not much more than $30. Wow, that was a long sentence.

bread's done
Back