Buy Crackdown in February and get an invitation to the Halo 3 beta

Interesting. Does this mean that if you buy the game, the code they give you a GUARANTEED spot for you in the H3 beta?

Also, does anyone know when they're going to tell you whether or not you're in the beta or not?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Interesting. Does this mean that if you buy the game, the code they give you GUARANTEES a spot for you in the H3 beta?

Also, does anyone know when they're going to tell you whether or not you're in the beta or not?[/QUOTE]

Its probably a *Chance* at the Beta, I don't know if its a better chance than those of us who have already signed up for the other *Chance* to play Halo 3 MP Beta, but I think thats how its worded and how it will work out.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Its probably a *Chance* at the Beta, I don't know if its a better chance than those of us who have already signed up for the other *Chance* to play Halo 3 MP Beta, but I think thats how its worded and how it will work out.[/QUOTE]

You'll open the package and pull out the sine-up sheet and it says the following:

"Go to Halo3.com"

:lol:

[quote name='Trakan']There's an ad for Crackdown in this months Gamepro and in the lower right hand corner it says that if you buy Crackdown you get an invite to the Halo 3 beta. (Thanks to pimpinc333 for telling me about this.) It says specially marked boxes and for a limited time only.

[/quote]

Trakan, was the pic taken by you, cause its been stolen
http://www.xboxic.com/news/2174 :shock:

Eh, I dont know how different it will be from Halo 2. From the Pics and videos it looks exactly the same. Sequel to the most overrated game in history has a lot to prove.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Trakan, was the pic taken by you, cause its been stolen
http://www.xboxic.com/news/2174 :shock:[/quote]

Yeah, I scanned it.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Interesting. Does this mean that if you buy the game, the code they give you a GUARANTEED spot for you in the H3 beta?

Also, does anyone know when they're going to tell you whether or not you're in the beta or not?[/quote]

I would think it guarantees your spot because of the wording. An invitation only in specially marked boxes for a limited time only.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Maybe we should get a CAG watermark to put on pics whenever we have exclusives or 1st on CAG info.[/quote]I'm sure it's legal and everything for them to use our pics/info, but I second this notion. It is annoying that half of those who use this thread's information don't even give credit to Trakan or CAG.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I'm sure it's legal and everything for them to use our pics/info, but I second this notion. It is annoying that half of those who use this thread's information don't even give credit to Trakan or CAG.[/quote]
Not questioning the legality either, just think it would be cool to have a CAG watermark so others can't rip off news or if they did everyone would know where it originated from. I don't have photoshop at work but I'll see if I can come up with something this evening.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not questioning the legality either, just think it would be cool to have a CAG watermark so others can't rip off news or if they did everyone would know where it originated from. I don't have photoshop at work but I'll see if I can come up with something this evening.[/quote]

Pfft, gaming sites never rip off news! :lol:

*cough*
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156108

Does 1Up have a vendetta against CAG? I guess stealing deals news isn't enough. At least other sites like Joystiq and others cite their references.

I took a shot at it. Here's an example:

Here's the watermark:

cagwatermarkdk1.png

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8848/cagwatermarkdk1.png

I think the watermark idea is good for things that are obviously and clearly from here, like this scan, but it should be limited to stuff that is either big news that will likely get jacked or anything that makes the front page here.

Hmm.. I have 2 options here.

1. Wait for the demo to get on the marketplace - If its good, buy the game and get into the beta.

2. Wait for the demo on the marketplace - If its bad, screw it - preorder halo and pay it off on the spot, have the actual game instead of the beta.

Hmm... I'll go with #2

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163660.html

Well, at least Gamespot gave its source...Except they gave the wrong one

With all the work that Cheapy puts into promoting this site, I'm surprised that he doesn't go further in contacting the places that take this information without sourcing.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=cag_faq_item#faq_new_faq_item

According to the ToS, the content in question belongs to the site. It would be one thing if these "publications" reported the story as if it were their own. But blatantly copying an image without permission or sourcing is a completely different story.

[quote name='Surferflames']Luke additionally gives credit in the new episode of 1up Yours. Nice to see them make right about it.[/QUOTE]

I was going to add this as well ,

1UP Yours - Podcast - 01/05/2007

1:15:32 Crackdown/Halo 3 BETA news story begins

1:15:57 CheapAssGamer mentioned and credited

On the latest "1up Yours", they strongly suggest that the beta code will be on the disc (which makes no sense to me, even if they're saying it'll physically be printed on the front of it), and not on, say, a scratch-off card inside the case. They also say that it'll be included in the first couple printings of the game. I'm skeptical about all of that, to say the least.

My question is, if I preorder it from Amazon right now, should I feel safe assuming that I'll get a copy with the beta code, or should I have any reason to believe that the copies with the code for preorders are already spoken for? Might Microsoft decide to only press so many with it, sending most of those to retail? It wouldn't stop sites like EBGamestop from still shadily taking preorders and people have been screwed on code-oriented preorder incentives before (see: Battle for Middle-Earth II).

Honestly, I've really wanted this game since late summer/X06, but if I'm going to get it, I might as well get the invitation code. I'm sure that it'll be an instant sellout at retail, and people will probably even linesit here and there outside Best Buys for a couple hours to ensure copies. This will all occur out of fan interest and people trying to peddle the codes on eBay, but the first-week demand for this previously indifference-inducing game is going to be absurd.

EDIT: Well, ebgames.com, anyway, says that it will be "Only on specially marked boxes including all pre-orders. " Of course, coming from such a scrupulous corporation, there's no way that can possibly be inaccurate, right?? (Actually, I don't think they'll fuck around here, because they don't want stores to get torched and looted nationwide if they do pull a fast one.)

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']watched some more videos today and am getting very excited about this game, can't wait for the demo![/quote]

Each time I read more about it, I get more interested. Demo comes out around the 18th I believe.

I saw Crackdown with the Halo 3 beta is available at EB/GS now in this weekends Gamestop newsletter for anyone interested.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp...200166&affid=3002&source=0105&WT.mc_id=0105nl

Purchase Crackdown for the Xbox 360 and gain access to the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta! A code to acces the Beta will be packaged with Crackdown. Limited time offer. Only on specially marked boxes including all pre-orders. Requires a hard drive and Xbox Live Gold subscription.

[quote name='jollydwarf']On the latest "1up Yours", they strongly suggest that the beta code will be on the disc (which makes no sense to me, even if they're saying it'll physically be printed on the front of it), and not on, say, a scratch-off card inside the case. They also say that it'll be included in the first couple printings of the game. I'm skeptical about all of that, to say the least.

My question is, if I preorder it from Amazon right now, should I feel safe assuming that I'll get a copy with the beta code, or should I have any reason to believe that the copies with the code for preorders are already spoken for? Might Microsoft decide to only press so many with it, sending most of those to retail? It wouldn't stop sites like EBGamestop from still shadily taking preorders and people have been screwed on code-oriented preorder incentives before (see: Battle for Middle-Earth II).

Honestly, I've really wanted this game since late summer/X06, but if I'm going to get it, I might as well get the invitation code. I'm sure that it'll be an instant sellout at retail, and people will probably even linesit here and there outside Best Buys for a couple hours to ensure copies. This will all occur out of fan interest and people trying to peddle the codes on eBay, but the first-week demand for this previously indifference-inducing game is going to be absurd.

EDIT: Well, ebgames.com, anyway, says that it will be "Only on specially marked boxes including all pre-orders. " Of course, coming from such a scrupulous corporation, there's no way that can possibly be inaccurate, right?? (Actually, I don't think they'll fuck around here, because they don't want stores to get torched and looted nationwide if they do pull a fast one.)[/QUOTE]

So the guy who bitches , about people on Xbox Live being annoying , wants to make sure he gets a copy of Crackdown with the Halo 3 Multiplayer BETA in it ?

Have fun playing with the very strangers you bitch about .

Heh...yeah, right. like us CAGs would even want to add you to our friends list .
Especially after you cowardly changed your gamertag after revaeling what an :booty: you are .

[quote name='Richlough']Heh...yeah, right. like us CAGs would even want to add you to our friends list .
Especially after you cowardly changed your gamertag after revaeling what an :booty: you are .[/QUOTE]
I dunno. For peace of mind, I'd love to know what his voice sounds like.

More than likely this:
Mandark_300.gif

No, I never revealed my gamertag in the first place. Surely you can do better!

And all I was saying was that if I'm going to get Crackdown (which I was planning on back in September, as stated above), I want my beta invite/code. That's it. I've never participated in one before, and that experience kind of supercedes my general aversion towards Live assholes. (I'm flattered that you rememebered and remarked on it!) That doesn't necessarily mean I'll put more than a couple hours into it, though.

Congrats on being the first of the 'ignored' here in 2007. I don't enjoy doing that to a Star Wars fan, but I do enjoy doing it to someone from Michigan.

bread's done
Back