Buy Dragon Quest IX - Get $15 Gift Card at Toys R Us - In-Store Only

sadboy

CAGiversary!
dqixad.png

I think I played you online on Marvel V Capcom 2 fire theif. I whooped that ass and you quick the match before it ended. Lame.

[quote name='Estebon']I think I played you online on Marvel V Capcom 2 fire theif. I whooped that ass and you quick the match before it ended. Lame.[/QUOTE]

I just got my PS3 yesterday, so no.

As for the 360... Check my history I haven't played that game in a while.

Don't come in here with that hate! This is about DQ, $$$$a.

Yeah, it was a while ago that I played you. I just remembered now when looking at your name. lol. I hate people who leave mid match. Stay and get your whooping like a man.

It was a Rouge, Spiral, BB Hood team if that helps you remember.

[quote name='sadboy']Dragon Quest is for pussies![/QUOTE]

Says the dude who made the topic. o_O

To other dude, maybe so. But I'm such a n00b at that game. I wanna get good but I just don't see how to do it.

[quote name='Easystride']Anyone have luck price matching this at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I've heard mixed stories, so YMMV.

I tried in Coon Rapids, MN and they wouldn't do it.

[quote name='2DMention']I've heard mixed stories, so YMMV.

I tried in Coon Rapids, MN and they wouldn't do it.[/QUOTE]

Laaaame. I'm going to try it at the one in Blaine today or tomorrow. According to their website, it should work...

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase? The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

[quote name='Hiro0015']Laaaame. I'm going to try it at the one in Blaine today or tomorrow. According to their website, it should work...

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase? The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."[/QUOTE]

I printed that out and showed it to customer service once and they still wouldn't do it. They'd end up quoting different policies, say stuff that actually proved I was right, and then accuse me of trying to scam the system. Needless to say I don't shop at that Best Buy anymore. They should really just change their policy at this point.

I bought 2 copies at TRU. They wouldn't sell me 3 even though I explained it was for me and my 2 kids(who were with me). I got 2 with 2 $15 gift cards. I then went to BB and they sold me 1 and was able to get a price match on it and got a $15 GC from them.

[quote name='Slermy']I printed that out and showed it to customer service once and they still wouldn't do it. They'd end up quoting different policies, say stuff that actually proved I was right, and then accuse me of trying to scam the system. Needless to say I don't shop at that Best Buy anymore. They should really just change their policy at this point.[/QUOTE]

Call corporate and give them the manages name and tell them they called you a "scammer" and embarassed you in front of other customers. Ask them to explain that policy. Tell them its a "bait and switch" technique and the only scammers are bestbuy.

[quote name='Easystride']Anyone have luck price matching this at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I didn't. Manager said they don't match gift card offers.

I got this and the cashier was kind enough to give me an actual card that doesn't expire and works immediately. It's the Burbank CA one if anyone wants to go.

Are these real gift cards or those things that expire after 30 days like those "gift cards" they gave out with Final Fantasy xiii?

What the...? I'm trying to register my DQIX from Toys R Us at Club Nintendo, and it says the code has already been used. The game was brand new and sealed...

Weird?

[quote name='gutter2d']Are these real gift cards or those things that expire after 30 days like those "gift cards" they gave out with Final Fantasy xiii?[/QUOTE]

There was a flyer in the store saying they expired in January of 2011. So I'm pretty sure you will find a use for them before then.

[quote name='Takeda Kenshi']There was a flyer in the store saying they expired in January of 2011. So I'm pretty sure you will find a use for them before then.[/QUOTE]
Ya, the gift card i got says it's from a promotional offer and expires on 01/31/2010, plenty of time to pick up something, especially with holiday season in there

So with this promotion finally decided to pick up a DSi XL

Had a question though, was looking at the receipt and looks like what they did is discount the price of my new DSiXL and DQIX (-$22.12 & -$3.88 from original prices,respectively) and then charge me for the $25 gift card. Considering that Kmart has a better promo on DQIX ($10 credit plus 50% another game) can I return just the game and still hold onto my gift card and discount or will they make me return it all?

I'm in a pickle. I was thinking about using the gift card to buy an extra copy of Dragon Quest V. However, what I might do is hold off on that and shoot for the $10 coupon at Kmart to buy Singularity.

The game I really want is Transformers: War for Cybertron.

Save me!

[quote name='sadboy']I'm in a pickle. I was thinking about using the gift card to buy an extra copy of Dragon Quest V. However, what I might do is hold off on that and shoot for the $10 coupon at Kmart to buy Singularity.

The game I really want is Transformers: War for Cybertron.

Save me![/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. Does your TRU just have copies of that game lying around? DQ5 is sold out just about everywhere else.

[quote name='ZForce915']Good luck with that. Does your TRU just have copies of that game lying around? DQ5 is sold out just about everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

The TRU I went to had one copy of DQV left.

[quote name='ZForce915']Good luck with that. Does your TRU just have copies of that game lying around? DQ5 is sold out just about everywhere else.[/QUOTE]
My store still has two copies left. Trust me, I know what I'm doing.:booty:

I've bought four copies of Dragon Quest V in total, mainly to use for trading purposes. I may save the gift card for something else.

[quote name='sadboy']My store still has two copies left. Trust me, I know what I'm doing.:booty:

I've bought four copies of Dragon Quest V in total, mainly to use for trading purposes. I may save the gift card for something else.[/QUOTE]

So have you got anything good for those copies of DQV? :p

[quote name='Fire_Thief']
To other dude, maybe so. But I'm such a n00b at that game. I wanna get good but I just don't see how to do it.[/QUOTE]

You're on the right path. Most skilled players usually learn their best moves from quitting halfway through a match.

"Do you want the $5 extended warranty in case they break it?" Awkward pause.

And THAT is why I use Amazon 98% of the time. But thanks all the same, OP.

[quote name='jollydwarf']"Do you want the $5 extended warranty in case they break it?" Awkward pause.

And THAT is why I use Amazon 98% of the time. But thanks all the same, OP.[/QUOTE]
So you refuse to buy from a store because of something completely optional and something that Amazon doesn't offer? And you would rather spend that $5 on shipping from Amazon?

:speaktothehand:

I am not even going to bother with Best Buy.....There was a time when best buy was my heaven......now its my hell.....I absolutely refuse to shop there and I go there only to look....then buy on Amazon......

I'll take the toysrus offer since I can slip it by the wife and use the gift card for diapers for my daughter.....

[quote name='Apostle22']I am not even going to bother with Best Buy.....There was a time when best buy was my heaven......now its my hell.....I absolutely refuse to shop there and I go there only to look....then buy on Amazon......

I'll take the toysrus offer since I can slip it by the wife and use the gift card for diapers for my daughter.....[/QUOTE]
In the end, all that matters are boobies. (gazes blissfully)

Went and bought this today. It took the lady two tries to find it in the back. One of the younger girls said they had to have it in stock. So she went back and voila. Said there were about 10 copies and I was the first one they sold. I just sat back and thought wow. I compared this to the release of the game in Japan. It's astounding how it went down like that.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Went and bought this today. It took the lady two tries to find it in the back. One of the younger girls said they had to have it in stock. So she went back and voila. Said there were about 10 copies and I was the first one they sold. I just sat back and thought wow. I compared this to the release of the game in Japan. It's astounding how it went down like that.[/QUOTE]
If DQIX was a military shooter for the Xbox360 published by Activison the line would be astronomical. But alas most Americans don't care about good RPGs, let alone a Japanese one on a handheld.

You guys missed the point/joke. Read carefully. He said "they." As in, "your kids." Hence the awkward pause when he sensed there was no "they." (Cue canned studio audience laughter.)

[quote name='EmpyreanKnight']Ya, the gift card i got says it's from a promotional offer and expires on 01/31/2010, plenty of time to pick up something, especially with holiday season in there

Had a question though, was looking at the receipt and looks like what they did is discount the price of my new DSiXL and DQIX (-$22.12 & -$3.88 from original prices,respectively) and then charge me for the $25 gift card. Considering that Kmart has a better promo on DQIX ($10 credit plus 50% another game) can I return just the game and still hold onto my gift card and discount or will they make me return it all?[/QUOTE]

You didn't get charged for the gift card. We just discount the prices of the items and put that on the gift card kinda thing. Can't really explain over the internet but in person I'd be able to because a lot of people get angry thinking we charged them for the gift card even though we didn't.

[quote name='bigant262']You didn't get charged for the gift card. We just discount the prices of the items and put that on the gift card kinda thing. Can't really explain over the internet but in person I'd be able to because a lot of people get angry thinking we charged them for the gift card even though we didn't.[/QUOTE]
The only caveat with this is that every time I've returned products that were part of a gift card bundle, I don't get refunded for the gift card. I have to keep the gift card. Supposedly TRU doesn't take GCs as returns, so in concerning the other guy's post, TRU would be charging him for a GC in the end.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Went and bought this today. It took the lady two tries to find it in the back. One of the younger girls said they had to have it in stock. So she went back and voila. Said there were about 10 copies and I was the first one they sold. I just sat back and thought wow. I compared this to the release of the game in Japan. It's astounding how it went down like that.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually a little happy to hear that. Means I have a pretty good chance at the slime hat (first 7500 customers)...

[quote name='EmpyreanKnight']Ya, the gift card i got says it's from a promotional offer and expires on 01/31/2010, plenty of time to pick up something, especially with holiday season in there

Had a question though, was looking at the receipt and looks like what they did is discount the price of my new DSiXL and DQIX (-$22.12 & -$3.88 from original prices,respectively) and then charge me for the $25 gift card. Considering that Kmart has a better promo on DQIX ($10 credit plus 50% another game) can I return just the game and still hold onto my gift card and discount or will they make me return it all?[/QUOTE]

you can return it all but be stuck with the gift card BUT you wont get FULL credit for the System or game and THEY WILL NOT TAKE THE GIFT CARD BACK

[quote name='Vader582']The only caveat with this is that every time I've returned products that were part of a gift card bundle, I don't get refunded for the gift card. I have to keep the gift card. Supposedly TRU doesn't take GCs as returns, so in concerning the other guy's post, TRU would be charging him for a GC in the end.[/QUOTE]

They aren't supposed to. They are supposed to just void the gift card.

I picked one up and the last copy of DQV that was on clearance. Tried to use a $10 off $50 coupon but it wouldnt let me since the gift card takes away from the $35 making it $20 and putting the subtotal at $44 or so.

Was this correct procedure or was the cashier doing it wrong?

when they rang me up, the game rang in the system as. 20 and the gift card as 15. if you return the game it will only net you 20 bucks back.
also the copy i bought at tru came with a little book about the basics of game play. they had tons more dq9 copies but i got the last booklet. it looked kind of like a preorder thing that someone didnt claim.

[quote name='nnthomas']I picked one up and the last copy of DQV that was on clearance. Tried to use a $10 off $50 coupon but it wouldnt let me since the gift card takes away from the $35 making it $20 and putting the subtotal at $44 or so.

Was this correct procedure or was the cashier doing it wrong?[/QUOTE]

Cashier has nothing to do with it, thats the way the system works. :(

[quote name='Estebon']I think I played you online on Marvel V Capcom 2 fire theif. I whooped that ass and you quick the match before it ended. Lame.[/QUOTE]

If all your going to do is troll the forums and make stupid remarks like a horses ass in a thread that is about a guy trying to offer you a deal on a game then please delete your account and go. We have enough dickheads on here projecting so hard they could show power point presentations already, we dont need another.

If you cant stay on the topic or atleast give the OP a quick thanks then dont even bother.

Asshole.

Sorry, I saw Fire thief and remembered when I played him and wanted to let him know that was a lame thing to do. He's costing players achievements. I was having a one character victory and he took it away from me. Do you not know how hard it is to get 50 one character victories in MvC2? Its insane espeially since I am not using a Magneto, Storm, Cable, Sentinel or any top tier characters. Sometimes, I also end up getting frozen when people quit matches and I have to shut off my xbox and restart. Seriously.

Besides, I post a ton of useful information all the time. In this very thread, I posted help to someone who got rejected at Bestbuy and told him what to do. I made one comment to FT. Thats it. Guy should know its not cool to quit matches online. I didn't call him an asshole or used any profanities like everyone else does to him around here.

Can anyone answer me if these gift cards work online? Like if I buy this in the store, could I then use the gift card that comes with it online?

bread's done
Back