Buy Kellogg's cereal, get 5 bucks off a Nintendo game. Coupons expire April 27.

poiuiu

CAGiversary!
Sequel to their last deal, where you buy Special K cereal and get 10 bucks off Wii-Fit, this time, it's a 5 dollar off coupon for any Nintendo game (Wii or DS) with the purchase of a marked box of cereal. Yeah it's not as good but there's far more options for this.

Expires ... April 2010 I think, which is just in time for those wanting Wii Sports Resort.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm interesting, I'm gonna have to make another run to the grocery store. I do need some more cereal and a new wii game. $5 off of punch out sounds good.
I could save it for a ds game whenever I get a dsi

Kellogg's*Nintendo Back to School Promotion
fileBlob.pl
Description
Now you can find $5 or $10 or $500 in Nintendo Game Cash inside specially marked packages of Kellogg's* cereals.

Look for the $5 or $10 coupon printed inside the box and use it towards purchase of any Nintendo product.
PLUS, one hundred, $500 winning tickets are also randomly inserted inside participating Kellogg's* cereal. You could win a $500 Nintendo Visa Gift Card, redeemable on any Nintendo product! Requirements:
Find Nintendo Game Cash inside the following specially marked Kellogg's* cereals:
- Rice Krispies* cereal (525 g)
- Crispix* Krispies* cereal (350 g)
- Rice Krispies* Vanilla Flavour cereal (420 g)
- Rice Krispies* Cocoa Cereal (420 g)
- MultiGrain Krispies* cereal (385 g)
- Froot Loops* cereal (380 g)
- Kellogg's* Frosted Flakes* cereal (485 g)
- Corn Pops* cereal (345 g)
- Mini-Wheats* Original Frosted cereal (555 g)
- Mini-Wheats* Brown Sugar Flavour cereal (555 g)
- Mini-Wheats* Maple Flavour cereal (540 g)
- Mini-Wheats* Strawberry Flavour cereal (540 g)
- Mini-Wheats* Cinnamon Streusel Flavour cereal (540 g)

Coupon expiry and contest closing date: April 27th, 2010.

Participating retailes include: Wal-Mart®, Loblaws®, Future Shop®, Best Buy®, Toys "R" Us®, Zellers, EB GamesTM, RogersTM Video, HMV, and more.
Official Rules:
Click here for Official Rules

Hey, by "Nintendo product," do they mean only Nintendo-published titles, or any title (including third-party) that appears on a Nintendo console/handheld?

Sounds like any Nintendo product, so hardware and software? If so, awesome.

M+ $24.99 + BB/FS 20% sale = $19.99 - $5 coupon = $14.99! (+tax)
2000 points $19.99 + BB/FS 20% sale = $15.99 - $5 coupon = $10.99! (+tax)

Rice Krispies are $1.99 at Shopper's this week.

EDIT: BB/FS sale is hypothetical. Should be one before April 2010. :)

This is the Canadian forum BTW for all you Americans reading.

Also the official rules are pretty vague.. "Nintendo product" at "participating retailers". Probably YMMV depending on the cashier if you're trying to use it on hardware or 3rd party games.

Thanks for posting.

Works at EBGames, used today in conjonction of $40 TIV value for Mario Party 8 when you trade it for Wii Sports Resort (Till Aug 2).. $14.99 EB credit was a good price.

I'm sure it'll work well for "Customer Appreciation" sales, but not sure about the online-only sales like the upcoming Best Buy deal.

Here's hoping it does, anyhow...

Shoppers drugmart is carry wii sports resort, so on the right points promo day that will be the best deal around. Dont know if the coupon will be valid there, hopefully.

[quote name='firehawk12']Any wicked cereal deals? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've got a stack of 'buy 2 get 2 bucks back' coupons that I've been using for whenever a new Nintendo release is out or whenever there's a cereal sale. It goes without saying that I've got it set for Nintendo published games. ;)

^^^^ Haha, nice. Of the six boxes I bought so far, I've only gotten 5-dollar ones. It'd be nice to get a 10 before the promo ends.

I used one on Metroid Prime Trilogy, gave one away and plan to use one on each of Mario & Luigi 3, Zelda: Spirit Tracks and New Mario Bros. this year.

I've lucked out and have been able to buy a lot of the cereal because Kellogg's has cereals that are low in sugar and my kids like it. I think the cereal companies are figuring it out. Never mind the kids getting a toy give the Mom something she wants!

Griptor, did you try Metroid yet? I'm playing the first game now. I've played this game on the GC twice but this time is the first time I'm sitting back and enjoying it with no frustration and just fun. The controls are perfect.

poiuiu,
how did u get the $2 coupons?? Cuz I would love some!!

Zelda, get a movie gallery flyer... All their wii games are $50!!!

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Griptor, did you try Metroid yet? I'm playing the first game now. I've played this game on the GC twice but this time is the first time I'm sitting back and enjoying it with no frustration and just fun. The controls are perfect.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I played some. Metroid Prime's my second favourite game (along with Super Metroid) so I had to get the trilogy for the new controls. They ARE great!

But I got the new Batman game the same day and that's stolen my time in the last week, hehe. I can't wait to play the second Prime again, because I only played through that one once back on the GCN. I don't remember too much of it, just a few frustrating boss battles...

The Source is definitely not part of this promo. I tried at 2 locations for cheap Wii games and they did not want to bite.

Too bad, clearance + coupon seemed like a great mix for me.

I am eating Mini Wheats even without coupons, so cereals + coupon is nice stuff... but was unlucky to get $5 off only up to now (4 of them!)

Note: i got back the enveloppe i sent sept29, saying they distributed all boxes they had ( even if the planned ending date was in 2010)

therefore, sending requests to kelloggs shall be useless now

Yeah. I noticed the coupon has been replaced with a 10 dollar coupon off of board games, which can be useful.

Word to the wise, for those who still have any coupons, they expire on April 27, which means they cannot be used for the likes of Super Mario Galaxy 2 (May), Metroid: Other M (June), Sin and Punishment 2 (June :( ), and very likely Dragon Quest 9.

However, Monster Hunter Tri (April 20) and Pokemon Gold/Silver (March) will release just in time!

This means I'll have to get at least 4 points cards.

One of mine is defiantly getting spent on that new classic controller coming out on the Monster Hunter Tri release date. I've almost ordered that controller many times from Play Asia.

Oh noes, damn you General Mills and your delicious honey and nuts! I am too weak to resist all those 'O's... I'm all spent.

Good deal, I'll be looking extra hard at the Kellogg's stuff next shopping trip :)

(P.S. Anyone know why Canadian Corn Pops are different than the US ones?)

[quote name='Princess Zelda']One of mine is defiantly getting spent on that new classic controller coming out on the Monster Hunter Tri release date. I've almost ordered that controller many times from Play Asia.[/QUOTE]
I hear you. I can't help but want to get one of those as well even though I prefer using the Wii controller sideways or a GC controller if I could help it.

Now I just have to get a black controller to match the MH3T pack-in (which is supposedly the ONLY colour available).

Edit:
Shaquelle O'fukcing Neill. I forgot Nintendo is only publishing Monster Hunter 3 Tri in Europe; Capcom is publishing the game themselves in NA (with extra Nintendo endorsement. No coupon for MH3T, but that's fine.

[quote name='MrGone']Oh noes, damn you General Mills and your delicious honey and nuts! I am too weak to resist all those 'O's... I'm all spent.[/QUOTE]
If this is your first time tuning into this thread (which is 9 months old) then unless your local grocer has a backlog or found a stale box of them somewhere, you're out of luck on finding these boxes with coupons.

Actually I just saw a box of Strawberry Mini Wheats that still had a coupon. It wasn't expired yet. It was however, quite overpriced for Mini Wheats. That'd be why it's still on the shelf :lol:

I never did get a chance to use my $10 coupon... My mom dropped by and looked at my living room, and figured she'd cleanup all the fastfood garbage I had accumulated. She didn't hesitate to toss the fullsize empty cereal box I had off to the side. I left the box fully intact so I couldn't possibly lose it :roll: Pity, but I know I'll have a stack of $5's expire on me (I got like 20-25 of em), so it's only like I lost $5.

[quote name='ragnar14']Pity, but I know I'll have a stack of $5's expire on me (I got like 20-25 of em), so it's only like I lost $5.[/QUOTE]Share the wealth :lol:

[quote name='maigoyume']Share the wealth :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ok, I've got 6 $5 coupons left I can't possibly use. Anybody want some? I figure I can give 2-3 to 2-3 people, 1 per person would be a waste of time/effort. They expire on the 27th, so I'm not going to mail them to Ontario... But it's probably easiest to snail mail them within the Lower Mainland, that only takes like a day. I don't mind covering the postage, but I expect you to pay me back the 50¢ somehow at sometime :bouncy:

Sooo, any takers?

Oh, I should also mention. These coupons don't seem to scan at Bestbuy anymore. I was picking up Glory of Heracles there a couple of days ago and it just didn't work, I had to badger them to get them to take it. Of course Glory of Heracles is $20 at Future Shop this week (...$15 after coupon), but I haven't tested a coupon at FS recently.

I picked up the new pro controller yesterday it really feels much better then the old one. I spent 2 hours playing Mario 64, Mario World and Super Metroid it's perfect.

I had a $10 coupon that I just couldn't find a use for.
Then it hit me.
So I just bought a points card yesterday.
Because, you don't have to spend it on a game!

Futureshop told me they would no longer take them, at all, because the manufacturer was refusing to reimburse them. Got a response from kellogs that FS takes them and call kellogs if they dont. I wonder if it had something to do with it being known FS and BB (and apparently many othrs according to rfd) have been taking them for any product for nintendo, not just made by nintendo. Both FS and BB have not been treating them properly for sales tax (shoudl be tax on teh coupon amount which they haven't charged), and BB had the glitch that it took $5 from all the nintendo related products in the transaction when using 1 coupons

I am going to lose some to expiration too barring a good sale this weekend. I was going to buy some controllers at SDM sat for 20X points(effectively 34% off plus $5 coupon off) but didn't do it

not worth it to buy at reg price just for the sake of using the coupon, and nothign really cheap. BB charges $15 for the "wheel", I remember getting that there for $10 when mariokart came out.

[quote name='zoro69']Futureshop told me they would no longer take them, at all, because the manufacturer was refusing to reimburse them. Got a response from kellogs that FS takes them and call kellogs if they dont. I wonder if it had something to do with it being known FS and BB (and apparently many othrs according to rfd) have been taking them for any product for nintendo, not just made by nintendo. Both FS and BB have not been treating them properly for sales tax (shoudl be tax on teh coupon amount which they haven't charged), and BB had the glitch that it took $5 from all the nintendo related products in the transaction when using 1 coupons[/QUOTE]

That's annoying. Oh well, RCSS and WM still take the coupon with any game :bouncy:

I should have added kellogs response specifically said that there are products for nintendo not made by them that the coupons are not to be used for (i didnt ask about that). Nintendo must be out a fortune subsidizing the pruchase of ubisoft etc games

Not game related, by kellogs has just released a bunch more boxes with the "free item" coupon (cereal , yogurt, bananas etc) except this time its on adult/healthy kinds like vector and bran flakes. The free boxes on the froot loops etc were gone near instantly being its so hot to get a free box coupon to get another box with a free box coupon etc.

Thanks for reminding me. Still got a $10 coupon I haven't used yet. Points card here I come (unless there's something really good in the flyers).

Today was the last day to use them. Best Buy accepted my coupon with no hassles: the CSR punched the UPC in and it showed up as "KELLOGS (sp) $10".

Here's what I did. Last X-Mas I bought a game and had to returned it. I got back in cash the equivalent to the coupon I used. In other words the $5 Coupon I used, I got back $5 in Cash! For the last 3 months I've used the $95 in Coupons I have and bought stuff and returned it, thereby getting $95 in cash.

[quote name='poxsc']Here's what I did. Last X-Mas I bought a game and had to returned it. I got back in cash the equivalent to the coupon I used. In other words the $5 Coupon I used, I got back $5 in Cash! For the last 3 months I've used the $95 in Coupons I have and bought stuff and returned it, thereby getting $95 in cash.[/QUOTE]

Thank you good sir for teaching us how to commit [highlight]fraud[/highlight].

bread's done
Back