Buy one of these 6 xbox games, and the Halo headset = $20 (TRU/Amazon)

PayperMario

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I believe this is the deal at TRU...(confirmed)

Buy: Mechassault 2, Forza, Halo 2, Doom 3 (i think), Project Gotham, or Crimson Skies and the Halo Headset will be $19.99, (normally $50).

Cheap ass link use code RTLXBXHLCMMT

///
they're also selling the Nintendo DS + Mario 64 + the starter Kit for $165. So you're pretty much getting the starter kit for $15 (Normally $30) when compared to the "get mario 64 free with a ds" deals.

PayperMario is correct. The games are: Crimson Skies, Doom 3 (regular edition), Forza Motorsport, Project Gotham Racing 2, Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf, and Halo 2 (regular edition). Given that PGR 2 and Crimson Skies have both hit PH status, I'd say that getting either of those games plus the headset for under the MSRP of the headset alone is a pretty good deal.

Edit: By the way, this deal appeared in the Sunday TRU flyer.

The deal is online as well:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/568132/104-7234740-3296716

When I picked one up early today, they just manually adjusted the price downwards to $19.99 for the headset. No listing on the receipt for "must return both items at the same time", or something like that when Target's done the same thing with the "$10 gift card free with purchase" or "free game guide with purchase". Game was regular price, headset was dropped to $19.99.

I guess you buy both and just return the game without any possible headache. Assuming the price change is a manual one and not something the computer's doing now, and just wasn't doing earlier in the day.

Anyone else able to report on buying a game, taking it back and keeping the headset? I don't want or already have all these games and this is quite a deal, my other Plantronics headset is awesome, but I'd like a backup. Thanks.

When I picked one up early today, they just manually adjusted the price downwards to $19.99 for the headset. No listing on the receipt for "must return both items at the same time", or something like that when Target's done the same thing with the "$10 gift card free with purchase" or "free game guide with purchase". Game was regular price, headset was dropped to $19.99.

Theres actually 2 versions of the Halo 2 headset. The one in the ad thats supposed to ring up at $20 is the one that includes the X-box communicator(the little black thing that fits into the controller) and it comes in a big box. The old version was just the headset and came in a much smaller package. But yeah, you shouldn't have any trouble returning the game at TRU and keeping the headset, unless the associate actually knew about the deal(it's supposed to be return all or nothing).

Yeah, if there's a stupid employee at the customer service desk and it says nothing about it on the receipt I wouldn't mind getting in on this deal AND it comes with a communicator, that sweetens the deal immensely.

I did this and then i just did a no receipt exchange on the game for something else at Best Buy. It was awesome. And yeah, just to confirm, you can get the pack that comes with the headset and the communicator (thing that plugs into controller) for $20.

Also, there are a few different games available. Unless you really wanted one of the games anyways, I suggest just getting the cheapest which are Crimson Skies and PGR2. They're both $20. Like I did, you can just exhange it for something else later.

[quote name='olanmills']I did this and then i just did a no receipt exchange on the game for something else at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

That is fraud, and we do not condone or discuss such things here.

Does Best Buy price match those flyers? Because if they did you could use a GGC on them.

I'd kinda like to know so I could save a few dollars and get another game. I just got my XBL hooked up and I'm looking for games to buy.

Do people still play Crimson Skies? I always heard good things about it but I donno if anyone plays anymore.

My receipt shows the headset and the game as a promo, (i got PGR2).

I didn't check to see if they were listed as a promo on the gift receipts, though, (i threw them out).

[quote name='tubtub']Theres actually 2 versions of the Halo 2 headset. The one in the ad thats supposed to ring up at $20 is the one that includes the X-box communicator(the little black thing that fits into the controller) and it comes in a big box. The old version was just the headset and came in a much smaller package. But yeah, you shouldn't have any trouble returning the game at TRU and keeping the headset, unless the associate actually knew about the deal(it's supposed to be return all or nothing).[/QUOTE]

The only one at the TRU I went to was the headset only package. No sign of the headset/communicator bundle.

[quote name='shrike4242']The only one at the TRU I went to was the headset only package. No sign of the headset/communicator bundle.[/QUOTE]

My store got them in a recent shipment. It's a bigger packaging and you can see the headset and the communicator. If they sold you the one without the communicator they are stupid. They probably just stashed away the new shipment thinking they already had them out...but didn't bother to actually look at them and realize they were very different.

[quote name='Zon27']My store got them in a recent shipment. It's a bigger packaging and you can see the headset and the communicator. If they sold you the one without the communicator they are stupid. They probably just stashed away the new shipment thinking they already had them out...but didn't bother to actually look at them and realize they were very different.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I picked the non-communicator version off the shelf, because that's the only one I saw on the shelf. I've seen the packaging for the one with the communicator before, at an EB, so yes, it is a bigger package. I wonder if it's worth taking a trip out to TRU later in the week to swap it for that one with the communicator module.

[quote name='satan0']Does Best Buy price match those flyers? Because if they did you could use a GGC on them.

I'd kinda like to know so I could save a few dollars and get another game. I just got my XBL hooked up and I'm looking for games to buy.

Do people still play Crimson Skies? I always heard good things about it but I donno if anyone plays anymore.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes BB will match a "buy this, get this" offer, but I believe that is up to the CSR/Manager's discretion. Most BB CSRs, however, will not allow a PM combined with a GGC coupon.

I have no idea if people still play Crimson Skies on Live, but it is worth it for the single player, IMHO.

There are still a good amount of ppl playing Crimson Skies, but that is mainly b/c there are no other GOOD flying games on xbox live. And I agree, the single player is superb, but online is where the replay value is.

Well I made out like a fiend today. Went by TRU saw that they did have the ones with communicators. Then off to Best Buy. Asked the girl if they'd PM it and she said they would.

She walked me to the game section and gave me the regular xbox one. I pointed the correct one out to her and she said ok. But she had to ask the manager. After a 20 minute wait while I presume she called the head office or something and TRU to find out what they were actually offering and if it was possible, it was PMed.

Went back to look for Crimson Skies and they didn't have it. But They had PGR3. I doubt i'll even open it. Maybe give it away for a present or something. My friend liked the first one anyway.

Grabbed Phantasy Star Online for $10. I've always wanted this game and never got it. Then it came out for Xbox but you had to have XBl to play it even offline. Now I've got it and I'm about to play it.

I have a question though. I plugged the commincator in and tried playing some Halo2. But nothing comes out of the headset. I've changed the volume and made sure the sound setttings were going through the headset. But nothing comes out. Do I have to have some kind of disc to get the Xbox to recognize it? The little green/red light lights up when i push the button.

I've never had trouble writing to a memory card with the top slot so I doubt that is it.

Any help wuld be greatly appreciated.

Oh, BTW, I got to use a GGC and in total I spent $49.xxish. So $50 for a headset and at least one game I wanted. I may or may not play PGR2.

I got to looking through XBL panel on the dashboard and found that voice was disabled for some reason.

I really need to quit making topics and answering them myself.

bread's done
Back