Buy Psychonauts for a non-Cheapass price

bookishboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
(If you haven't already bought it)

It's time to help pad Tim Schafer's retirement account, by purchasing Psychonauts for $60 ($50 for PC). Why?

-Because the money goes straight to the developer. Plus, they won't ask you if you have their discount card. Or if want a subscription to Game Informer. Or if you wanted to buy the game used instead of new? Or if you wanted to pre-reserve anything today? Or... you get the idea.

-Because we want to see more wildly inventive games like Psychonauts. The game rocks, and we want to see Doublefine stay afloat while they cook up something new. Aren't we tired of seeing critically-aclaimed games flounder with poor sales.... meanwhile mediocre movie-licensed game sequels keep selling well enough to warrant yet another sequel?

-Here's the cool part: Because Tim Schafer will sign it for you. He's something of a game design legend, and he'll freaking sign your copy of his game. He's got a good sense of humor about it too. On a lark, I ordered my copy of the game to be signed "Dear [bookishboy], I'm totally gay for you. Love, Tim." It came in the mail, reading "Dear [bookishboy]: I'm totally *happy* for you. Love, Tim." So ask him to autograph it thanking you for tutoring him in Esperanto, or telling you that he'll never forget the time that you saved his life in Moracco. He just might!

http://shop.doublefine.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=8

There's other shwag you can buy there too, like autographed posters. Honestly, I'd rather have the game.

I don't know if the previous posters just don't want to pay a high price for a game or whatever, but this game is so overrated. It's a decent game compared to half the games out there, but it is not a must have title like so many people insist.

And I will pay full price (not more like this is) for a game if I want to support the developers, but this one isn't one 'em IMHO.

It would have been a good pre-order bonus at that price, but I can't justify a signature for a game at that price that I picked up for under $10 new at a retail store.

$4.96 at CC, or $50 from Tim.. although Tim has an advantage cause he has it, CC doesn't anymore. i did manage to nab 2 of them for $4.96. thanks anyways tim, but no thanks.

bread's done
Back