Buy Rock Band 2 (360), Get a 1600 Point Card Free at Amazon

[quote name='turls']Hmm, they couldn't have done this for release?[/quote]
Seriously. I would have ordered it from them if this was the deal at release.

[quote name='turls']Hmm, they couldn't have done this for release?[/QUOTE]

Because they weren't selling and this is a great way to move copies?
Seriously crazy ass deal imho for a game just released a week + ago.

Speaking of that, if this becomes a trend (deals less than a week after they release games), I think Amazon's pre-order sales to CAG's are going to take a dive considering they just quit doing the 30 day price protection.

I'll give them a pass this one time since I used the BML promotion, but this is $10 better than that.

[quote name='turls']Speaking of that, if this becomes a trend (deals less than a week after they release games), I think Amazon's pre-order sales to CAG's are going to take a dive considering they just quit doing the 30 day price protection.

I'll give them a pass this one time since I used the BML promotion, but this is $10 better than that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm done with preorders at amazon. With the end of the POPG, there is simply no reason to do so unless there is a pre-release promotion. Amazon has gone downhill fast in a lot of departments, especially CS. I feel the end of an era is upon us.

I didn't feel like paying for shipping so I grouped the items in a single delivery so I could take advantage of free shipping. About the back ordered 1600 pt card, Amazon indicates that they expect them in 3 to 5 weeks. Are these estimates usually accurate or is this an example of under promising and over delivering? I already ordered and I have no problem waiting a month, I'm just curious.

[quote name='felixlighter']I didn't feel like paying for shipping so I grouped the items in a single delivery so I could take advantage of free shipping. About the back ordered 1600 pt card, Amazon indicates that they expect them in 3 to 5 weeks. Are these estimates usually accurate or is this an example of under promising and over delivering? I already ordered and I have no problem waiting a month, I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

Every time I've ever ordered from Amazon when they gave a time frame like that they've always shipped it earlier.

Nice deal.

Now if I could just figure out how to cancel my copy that is backordered at DeepDiscount.

Seriously...anyone know how or do you have to call them? I have looked all over their site and can't seem to find howto cancel an item.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Every time I've ever ordered from Amazon when they gave a time frame like that they've always shipped it earlier.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. Thanks.

I'm wondering something. At the bottom of the Amazon page, it says:

-Offer does not apply to out-of-stock items.

Since the 1600 point card is backordered, does that mean this promotion doesn't work? Or does "backorder" and "out of stock" mean two completely different things?

[quote name='Cmosfm']So I bought this yesterday at Wal-mart....fuck.[/QUOTE]

still have the receipt? order this, and return the new copy you receive to wal-mart.

[quote name='robbrism']Nice deal.

Now if I could just figure out how to cancel my copy that is backordered at DeepDiscount.

Seriously...anyone know how or do you have to call them? I have looked all over their site and can't seem to find howto cancel an item.[/quote]

i havent canceled.. but i have spoken to their customer service over the phone. You can call them @ 800-264-5076 or select the first option from the dropdown @ http://www.deepdiscount.com/contactus.htm

Bought it from GameStop yesterday and been playing all night. Great game. Ordered this so I can return the one from Amazon to GameStop. Thanks OP!

Canceling my Fallout 3 (regular ed) pre-order with them if this is the direction they're heading.

This is a big step in the wrong direction for Amazon.

The promotion still works. I got it even though the cards were showing up as backordered.

Note that the discount doesn't show up until you get to the final checkout page where you confirm your order. So you might think you're not getting the discount, but as long as both the game and the card are shipping from Amazon, you should get the discount.

[quote name='VidPower']I'm wondering something. At the bottom of the Amazon page, it says:

-Offer does not apply to out-of-stock items.

Since the 1600 point card is backordered, does that mean this promotion doesn't work? Or does "backorder" and "out of stock" mean two completely different things?[/quote]

Hmmmm this is tempting since im leaning towards GH WT for full band set and RB2 game only.....but hate to bite on this then decide to do RB2 special edition and GH WT game only.

hmm... i bought guitar hero 3 and still haven't played it yet... its still in it box and all...

too many deals going on... i'll have to pass

I just actually ordered a 1,600 points card last night, with my amazing Gold Box deal of another 0.50c off - but just canceled this. I don't have enough money in my account though, since I also ordered some new random clothes last night, but in a few days I'll be able to order this.

I was originally just going to keep it from GameFly for $47, but for about $10, might as-well get another points card for about $13 (I have Prime, so I get free shipping).

Great deal. I am in the boat of people who bought the game the day it came out and will be returning the new one when it gets here. Thank you amazon for paying me back my tax money and giving me a free 1600 points. I have never had this many points in my account at once with this and the cheap cards the other day. At about 13000 once they all get here. HOORAY MOVING PICTURES IN TWO DAYS!

[quote name='mietha']Yeah, I'm done with preorders at amazon. With the end of the POPG, there is simply no reason to do so unless there is a pre-release promotion. Amazon has gone downhill fast in a lot of departments, especially CS. I feel the end of an era is upon us.[/quote]

That's a little dramatic, don't you think? Sure they ended their post order price guarantee, but so what? We should be grateful they did that to begin with. They still offer no tax to a majority of states, and offer free shipping on anything over $25. And I really don't know what you are talking about concerning their CS... I've had no issues at all and I've been consistently shopping with them for over 3 years.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Yea, this sucks. Preordering screwed me out of free points. Amazon has gone downhill considerably since a year ago.[/quote]

So let me get this straight. They've gone downhill because YOU pre-ordered the game, and are not able to take advantage of a great deal that many of us who decided to wait to get the game will?

Unfortunately, Amazon has been taking massive heat over this price protection, which was only a small part of what makes them great. It stinks that they dropped it, but you can't blame them, considering the economy and the way people constantly abused it (like trying to get it in situations that didn't apply).

This looks like a deal I may have to jump on......anyone know how to make sure I don't get charged 79 bucks for trying amazon prime free for a month trial????

[quote name='dipset121']This looks like a deal I may have to jump on......anyone know how to make sure I don't get charged 79 bucks for trying amazon prime free for a month trial????[/quote]

It's up to you actually. You have to make sure that you cancel it before the month is up. If you don't, they'll charge you. It's really easy to cancel it though, just go to 'your account' and follow the correct links.

[quote name='KueMan10']So let me get this straight. They've gone downhill because YOU pre-ordered the game, and are not able to take advantage of a great deal that many of us who decided to wait to get the game will?[/quote]

The problem is that this "deal" comes out less than a week after release, usually you either get a release deal or you wait at least a few weeks if you compare it to the typical B&M pricing strategy (which Amazon follows for the most part because they price match many B&M sales). I sure don't remember this type of thing being the norm on Amazon before, and the timing of it is like rubbing it in our faces, nah-nah you can't complain to us about this. . .

I am still an Amazon fan, but it wasn't like I pre-ordered a bunch from them in the past (I rarely pre-order at all), it just happened to be they had the BML deal when there was two games I specifically wanted at release. And one of those just happens to be the one they screw us on.

You have to realize how big of a deal that 30 day guarantee is. It isn't a big deal for pre-orders as much as games a few months old. I can't even count the number of games I've bought from them that are in some sort of price free fall and you never know what the bottom is. And if you miss it, it sells out. Sometimes I guess right, sometimes I don't. But they got A LOT more sales from me knowing I had some protection. There is not much to compare it to at any other retailer besides Target.

I went for this deal. I figure at worst I can sell the still shrink wrapped game to someone local. Even if they pay retail price from me they won't have to pay sales tax. *shrug*

I've had the game for over a week. I pre-ordered and Amazon got it to me the day before launch day. I just wanted the free $20 worth of points.

I was pretty upset about this deal coming out just a week after release since I pre-ordered a few months ago. I emailed Amazon and got some generic response about how they were sorry but could not do anything. So, I called and the nice lady at Amazon just gave me $20 credit to buy the microsoft points. Pretty sweet! So just heads up to other people who were in a similar situation, you may not need to re-buy. Amazon is still great to me!

bread's done
Back