Buy SimCity Get Free Game (List)

omgitsjg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/a...amazing-mayors-a-free-pc-download-from-origin

How to get your free game FAQ

List of games to choose from

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

you must register your copy of SimCity before March 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM PDT and you must claim your free game by March 30, 2013 at 11:59PM PDT.

[quote name='hecaitomix']very nice for me, i got my money's worth with 120 hours clocked on simcity. free DS3![/QUOTE]

I have over 30 hours! and i dont even like city-building games.

It's an awesome game! It's worth at least $40 alone.. very addictive, runs solid, high replay value and little to no connectivity issues since i played it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SackAttack']How's Most Wanted? That's the only game other than SimCity 4 (which I have on CD already) that interests me.[/QUOTE]

Played it on Xbox, can't speak for PC, but I loved it. Another microtransaction farm, as 1/4 cars you run in to is tied to DLC, but I played it about 15 hours and a little online before beating the whole Most Wanted list.

If the DLC ever goes on sale I might bite on the airport expansion.

[quote name='SackAttack']How's Most Wanted? That's the only game other than SimCity 4 (which I have on CD already) that interests me.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, though I have it for the PS3. There's enough cars to keep you busy and to find the one you like without DLC.

[quote name='argyle']The fact that SimCity 4 is on the list is the funniest thing to come out of this entire mess. Someone at EA either has a perverse sense of humor or, more likely, does not understand anything that is going on. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Makes perfect sense.

"We fucked up, you can't play offline. Shut the fuck up and play SC5, and if you want play SC4 offline. But please just shut up!" - EA

Might get Dead Space 3 or Need for Speed. Edging out towards the former because I have the first two games anyway. Was honestly semi-surprised at the list of games, if a bit of an odd assortment if you ask me.

Grabbed it in the EA India store for about $27. Don't know what I want to get though :/

I have bf3 prem on ps3, same with deadspace, ME3, etc...

Think I might just chargeback cause the game got boring around the 40hr mark

It's also worth noting, there's a hidden clause in this whole thing that was given as a memo to retail stores. If a game becomes too popular, they reserve the right to pull the game from the list. It should be interesting if that happens before Europe gets their chance. Overall, I think the selection is pretty poor. I figured they would have either given a $30 voucher or would have made any game $30 and lower part of the promotion. O well, that's EA for ya I guess, we were calling this the same day the apology was posted. :/

[quote name='deletion']I wish simcity would drop some more so i can get dead space 3 for free.[/QUOTE]

You are a true CAG. :applause: This is not meant to be an insult.

Looks like the games are already up, as I am downloading Dead Space 3 now. Damn, getting Dead Space 3 and Sim City 3 for 27 bucks just feels good.

in for Medal of Honor.

Yes, I don't enjoy the Dead Space series or Mass Effect, like a few racing games which are not Need For Speed games, and I already have Battlefield 3.

[quote name='iRandom']Where can I get SimCity for $40?[/QUOTE]
Target and Bestbuy next week, if don't like either once find a store they will PM them. If you want the game now, you can buy it from Best Buy and PM next week when it's on sale. The last option would be to do the B2G1 deal at Target if you want other games or 3 copies of SimCity.

[quote name='ryoman']Got my Dead Space 3. Still need to play through the second one first though.[/QUOTE]
Was the game just added to your account or did they send you a cd-key to add to your account?

[quote name='usagi']Was the game just added to your account or did they send you a cd-key to add to your account?[/QUOTE]

It is added to your account automatically.

[quote name='usagi']Was the game just added to your account or did they send you a cd-key to add to your account?[/QUOTE]

As soon as I logged into Origin, a popup appeared "You expect better. So do we." with a link to pick which game I wanted. Ended up picking up Dead Space 3 as I was looking at buying it soon anyway.

[quote name='iRandom']Where can I get SimCity for $40?[/QUOTE]

Search skills need some work there. Target/BB starting 3/24.

...launched Origin, saw the popup.. 3 clicks later and now downloading Need for Speed Most Wanted.

[quote name='TheLounge']Think I might just chargeback cause the game got boring around the 40hr mark[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:#

A little dismayed. Was hoping for a better list. There's certaintly some good stuff like DS3 on there but there is no reason they shouldn't be offering the Limited Editions instead of the normal. Not to mention I own almost all of these so I hope there's a way to gift a copy. Now if it was like 15-20 bucks I could spend on anything relating to those games, even that would be more thrilling,, wouldn't mind having the new DS3 dlc or something like that. Anyways I really didn't come to complain, there are some good stuff there, and im glad a lot of people are able to get something that interests them. There should be a DS3 co-op thread (there prolly already is and I just don't know it), and im just babbling now lol. Enjoy your free games all : )

I was thinking of getting sim city and not sure if i would enjoy it or not? Its been many many years since i played sim city. One reason why i am looking to try this is i have been looking to getting into gaming on the pc. I have a SVE14118FXW and the

Product Description

Intel Core i5-2450M 2.5GHz (up to 3.10GHz w/Turbo Boost)
8192MB RAM (8192MB Max)
750GB HDD (5400rpm)
Gigabit Ethernet Bluetooth Built-In 1.3MP Webcam & Microphone
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Windows 7 Home Premium

Now i new to this type of gaming and wanted to know if my laptop can handle this game? all your help will be great and thanks in advance.

[quote name='AzGoat']I was thinking of getting sim city and not sure if i would enjoy it or not? Its been many many years since i played sim city. One reason why i am looking to try this is i have been looking to getting into gaming on the pc. I have a SVE14118FXW and the

Product Description

8192MB RAM (8192MB Max)
750GB HDD (5400rpm)
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Windows 7 Home Premium

Now i new to this type of gaming and wanted to know if my laptop can handle this game? all your help will be great and thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Check this out...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooDozG91nlM][/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooDozG91nlM

[quote name='AzGoat']I was thinking of getting sim city and not sure if i would enjoy it or not? Its been many many years since i played sim city. One reason why i am looking to try this is i have been looking to getting into gaming on the pc. I have a SVE14118FXW and the

Product Description

8192MB RAM (8192MB Max)
750GB HDD (5400rpm)
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Windows 7 Home Premium

Now i new to this type of gaming and wanted to know if my laptop can handle this game? all your help will be great and thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could tell you. It runs perfectly smooth at 1366x768 with lighting set to low and most everything else set to medium/high on my i5 3210 and Intel HD4000. I'd imagine that your system's performance shouldn't be too far off.

I played Mass Effect 1, and thought it was decent, but not great.
I skipped Mass Effect 2 completely. Would Mass Effect 3 still be a good choice for me?

[quote name='Dezuria']I played Mass Effect 1, and thought it was decent, but not great.
I skipped Mass Effect 2 completely. Would Mass Effect 3 still be a good choice for me?[/QUOTE]

You really should go through Mass Effect 2 first, but I honestly liked ME3 a lot, never letting the ending issue bog the series down.

[quote name='Dezuria']I played Mass Effect 1, and thought it was decent, but not great.
I skipped Mass Effect 2 completely. Would Mass Effect 3 still be a good choice for me?[/QUOTE]

I actually really like the ME3 multiplayer. It's really good horde combat mixed with Magic the Gathering style CCG collecting.

The game's much, much, more actiony than ME1, as a heads up.

It depends on what you liked and disliked about Mass Effect 1.

Mass Effect 1 arguably had the better story of the three, but the combat was too reliant on things in the background that the player has little control over. The gameplay was a little dull as a result (in my opinion).

Mass Effect 2 and 3 play more like a third person shooter, with the rpg aspects mainly focusing on acquiring new abilities. They are better balanced, at the cost of the experience being more guided. In Mass Effect 2 for example, you only actually level up at the end of missions.

I would say play ME2 first, but if you don't care about story I guess it might be okay. If you do select ME3 as your free game, you could always try the co-op multiplayer and if you like the gameplay, pick up ME2 before starting ME3 proper.

[quote name='cheapo72']Hmm...can you change your age on Origin?

"*USERS WHO ARE BENEATH THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIRED TO ACCESS INTERACTIVE ONLINE SERVICES WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE GRANTED A COPY OF SIMCITY 4: DELUXE EDITION AND BEJEWELED 3 INSTEAD. THESE GAMES WILL BE ADDED DIRECTLY TO YOUR MY GAMES LIBRARY OVER THE COMING DAYS"

Also... "our head legal Llama". Reticulating splines, indeed.[/QUOTE]

That's a nice deal. Sounds like you get 2 games if you're below the minimum age :)

Help me out, Dead Space 3 or Mass Effect 3?

I'm leaning towards DS3 due to not even starting ME1 yet, let alone 2. That and the age difference between the two means ME3 will probably be like $10 by the time I finish 1 and 2

bread's done
Back