Buy two Microsoft Xbox titles get $20 voucher at EBgames

Would do it for Forza and Fable: TLC if they had the same easy going rebate policy of the past...now they are hard asses about rebates.

Shame, sinces that's about the only deals they have now, since the awesome temp. price drops seem to be a thing of the past. My EBgames.com purchases have since gone down dramatically.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Would do it for Forza and Fable: TLC if they had the same easy going rebate policy of the past...now they are hard asses about rebates.

Shame, sinces that's about the only deals they have now, since the awesome temp. price drops seem to be a thing of the past. My EBgames.com purchases have since gone down dramatically.[/QUOTE]

Really? Do they need the original UPCs or will a copy still work?

[quote name='kaw']Really? Do they need the original UPCs or will a copy still work?[/QUOTE]

In the past a photo copy would do. Now? Others would have to speak instead of me, but I know they are much stricter.

I've sworn off their rebates since they've been hard asses about "not to be combined with any other offer or discount". That could include temp. price drops, unadvertised "sales", using SAVER if there is a used game in your order, using a previously accumilated voucher on your order, etc. Before, those kinds of things would fly and you would get your voucher no problem.

There's a old thread about this in Deal Discussions about the Paper Mario/Hot Shots/Syphon Filter voucher debacle.

[quote name='bmarquardt']In the past a photo copy would do. Now? Others would have to speak instead of me, but I know they are much stricter.

I've sworn off their rebates since they've been hard asses about "not to be combined with any other offer or discount". That could include temp. price drops, unadvertised "sales", using SAVER if there is a used game in your order, using a previously accumilated voucher on your order, etc. Before, those kinds of things would fly and you would get your voucher no problem.

There's a old thread about this in Deal Discussions about the Paper Mario/Hot Shots/Syphon Filter voucher debacle.[/QUOTE]
So they pretty much adopted Gamestop's rebate policy.

I remember that they took copies of UPCs for the Phantom Dust rebates.

Yep, they were really bad with that Paper Mario voucher. Definiltey makes me wary of doing a voucher deal with EB.

The problem wasn't original vs copied UPC. The problem was that they flat out didn't honor the rebate for anyone that bought the game for their sale price of $20. (Actually they may have just not honored any of the rebates at all, but definitely not for people that paid just $20.) AFAIK they still don't require the UPC at all, even though they put it on the voucher form. (I received an official response saying this, but that was a long time ago now.)

I'd probably still do one (with my fingers crossed), but I already own/have owned the games on that list for which I'd pull the trigger.

[quote name='wubb']The problem wasn't original vs copied UPC. The problem was that they flat out didn't honor the rebate for anyone that bought the game for their sale price of $20. (Actually they may have just not honored any of the rebates at all, but definitely not for people that paid just $20.) AFAIK they still don't require the UPC at all, even though they put it on the voucher form. (I received an official response saying this, but that was a long time ago now.)

[/QUOTE]

That's my problem with them now, though (what they perceive as "other discounts or offers". Like I said in my last post:

If they would make those "other offers and discounts" less vague and specific to a point, I would bite again. Not worth the BBB, FTC, or State AG complaints you might have to go through. I'll wait for some kind of 2 for 25 PH deal or a clearence.

[quote name='wubb']Yep, they were really bad with that Paper Mario voucher. Definiltey makes me wary of doing a voucher deal with EB.

The problem wasn't original vs copied UPC. The problem was that they flat out didn't honor the rebate for anyone that bought the game for their sale price of $20. (Actually they may have just not honored any of the rebates at all, but definitely not for people that paid just $20.) AFAIK they still don't require the UPC at all, even though they put it on the voucher form. (I received an official response saying this, but that was a long time ago now.)

I'd probably still do one (with my fingers crossed), but I already own/have owned the games on that list for which I'd pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]
They denied my rebate and it took multiple phone calls, including one to the RM out here, to get something for my troubles. It pissed me off enough that I won't do any EBGames.com voucher rebates again.

I don't think the price is a problem with them honoring it for this deal since those games are all at MSRP, but I agree that they should have honored the other rebates as well.

Is this instore too?! If so i'll bite, i want fortza and Fable TLC.

Can somone give me the two links from the OP, for some reason when ever cheapy makes links i can never use them...

If this was in store and the rebates weren't as problematic as many have said then I would've picked up Forza and Conker but I guess I'll just wait for some other deal to come along.

I'm in for Conker and Fable:TLC. $2.50 for shipping isn't that bad, and aside from the Paper Mario deal (where I went in knowing that the voucher probably wouldn't go, but I tried it anyway) I've had a decent experience with the vouchers.

Thanks for passing the deal along, CheapyD.

Picked up Conker and Fable. This doesn't make up for missing conker at TRU for 9.99 but it's better than retail. Thanks cheapy!

Hey...totally off topic but how do you guys get your gamer card in your sig like that?

I just spent like 20 minutes trying and I failed.. =/

-Adam

I emailed EB asking if they'd accept copies of the UPC rather than me mutilating my game and got this response:

-------------

Hello Jay,

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

Please feel free in sending in copies of the UPC. We will be able to
process your order with the original receipt, copy of the UPC, and
personal information.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best Regards,
Philippe
EBgames.com

-------------

So I joined the fray and ordered Fable and Conker.

[quote name='jaybird']I emailed EB asking if they'd accept copies of the UPC rather than me mutilating my game and got this response:

-------------

Hello Jay,

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

Please feel free in sending in copies of the UPC. We will be able to
process your order with the original receipt, copy of the UPC, and
personal information.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best Regards,
Philippe
EBgames.com

-------------

So I joined the fray and ordered Fable and Conker.[/QUOTE]

Awesome.

I just called EB, spoke to a rep named Jay.
He said that the use of a voucher will not invalidate the rebate.

I told him I paid .01 for the game. He said no problem, I will still get my $10.

Matthew

Hmm, wish I knew copies of UPC were acceptable too. Otherwise I wouldn't have cut them off the PC Doom 3 boxes for that Activision promotion few months back...

Thanks for posting this, will probably get in on Jade Empire and Fables for my future 360.

Will the 10% off Xbox games deal (today's Code: SAVEXB) work in conjunction with the Buy 2 Xbox games, get a $20 Gift voucher?

Or do you think it will invalidate that offer?

[quote name='sabin23']Will the 10% off Xbox games deal (today's Code: SAVEXB) work in conjunction with the Buy 2 Xbox games, get a $20 Gift voucher?

Or do you think it will invalidate that offer?[/QUOTE]I mean, you could go...

$1.00 pre-played game
SAVER
CAG15
Edge Card
SAVEXB

But, doubt it would fly when sending in the receipt for the voucher.

I ordered 2 with 2 20 dollar rebates (mmmm), shipping and taxes about 3 bux. I was thinking about trying the above... but, meh. :)

What would be awesome on EB's part would be if they would show the voucher automatically on the shipping list as a possibility, that way you can experiment to see if it would pass when combining it.

Since I'm such a CAG, I'm going to risk placing 2 PO games in my order just to get SAVER.

All this trouble just to save on $2.50 shipping costs... hope EB doesn't give me a hard time about this and cancel the voucher.

bread's done
Back