Buyer Refusing To Pay for Relisting Fees on 360 auction. What should I do?

wishfulthinker828

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey CAGs, it has been a while. Well, I listed my xbox 360 on ebay about a month ago and it ended up selling. See auction here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8275279003&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESO:IT&rd=1

Now, in my description I clearly state what the buyer is getting, I even precisely show some scuffs on the system. A user ended up buying it and then emailed me saying he does not want the 360 anymore because it doesn't come with the remote or headset (which I clearly state in the description). I told him that's OK as long as he pays for the relating fees (around $20). Well, here we are several weeks later and the buyer still hasn't paid for the system or the prelisting fees. I opened a dispute on the auction but I'm not sure what else to do (luckily I've never had any experiences like this one). Anybody have tips or solutions as to how to get my prelisting fee paid back to me? I'm hesitant to give him negative feedback because I don’t' really want to be a jerk and do that to him, but if that would possibly elevate the seriousness of this situation I'd do it. Should I just move on and relist it? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

P.S. As far as the 360 goes, I'm still looking to sell it. Nothing has changed from the description in the auction and I'm open to any offers. Thanks.

Yup, I agree w/Staind. The guy's a jerk for backing out on you, but he's not obligated to pay your fees. It's just a courtesy some of the nicer non-paying bidders do for changing their mind after winning an auction. Also, assuming this wasn't a relisted auction, shouldn't you be able to relist it for free?

Next time, if you're doing a buy it now auction, remember to select the option "immediate payment required". That way, you won't run into a problem like this.

[quote name='wbc1228']Next time, if you're doing a buy it now auction, remember to select the option "immediate payment required". That way, you won't run into a problem like this.[/quote]

agreed. i list all of my auctions with the "immediate payment required" option. don't forget to put this guy on your blocked bidders list in the future :cool:

File a non paying bidder, he won't respond, ebay will credit the fees back. Tell buyer to go fuck themself.

That's my process.

Oh, and leave negative feedback the day before the feedback expires so they can't retaliate.

My question is, how in the fuck did you get $20 in listing fees? I've never had more than $1 or $2 in listing fees, and $3 or $4 in closing fees (though I could see those being higher on a 360). In any case, you will get back the closing fees with the non-paying bidder process, but I don't think you get the listing fees back. Is it really just your listing fees that run to $20?

That crap about the day before feedback expires is BOGUS! TOTALLY untrue. You can leave feedback as long as the listing can be viewed. The listing is viewed for 6 months after the auction ends, and technically if you email ebay they will even let you email after that 6 month span. You can file an NPB complaint, but you will only get your end listing fee and not your initial fees of any sort. There should be a way to relist it for free, but ebay wants more money so they decided to screw that idea.

how in the did you get $20 in listing fees?

I believe I got such a high fee because it was a buy it now auction. If BIN auctions sell, they charge you a specific rate depending on the price. Mine was priced at $380, so it's whatever the rate was.

Anyone have any clue how long until ebay refunds you for the listing fees? I don't see it on my invoice so I'm assuming they have refunded me yet they didn't email me or anything about the matter.

Thanks for all the help, it's greatly appreciated. I'm thinking i'll relist the item but as an auction this time and something like a 10 day auction. I'll post it up here when it's listed. Thanks guys.

[quote name='wishfulthinker828']I believe I got such a high fee because it was a buy it now auction. If BIN auctions sell, they charge you a specific rate depending on the price. Mine was priced at $380, so it's whatever the rate was.

Anyone have any clue how long until ebay refunds you for the listing fees? I don't see it on my invoice so I'm assuming they have refunded me yet they didn't email me or anything about the matter.

Thanks for all the help, it's greatly appreciated. I'm thinking i'll relist the item but as an auction this time and something like a 10 day auction. I'll post it up here when it's listed. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think you are mixing listing fees and closing fees there - you pay one fee for a fixed price auction (that is, Buy It Now without a normal auction option), and then pay again when the item sells.

The insertion fee for $380 would be $3.60. Looks like you added a subtitle and a picture too, so that adds a bit. If you did the gallery and such, then it adds more. YOU WILL NOT get any of these fees back when you file a non-paying bidder dispute. However, supposedly you can relist it and then get refunded on the relisted auction listing fees (but not on additional items like pictures, etc).

The FINAL VALUE fee, which is based on how much it sold for, would be $11.96. You WILL get this back from the non-payer bidder process (if the bidder ignores it or otherwise cooperates).

Beware that bidders can screw you over on the NPB process. I had this happen once. There's some stupid option where if they respond when you say you want to close, THEY can choose to close it without you getting your fees back. eBay should be pummeled for that. Hopefully, though, the guy will just not respond, then after 7 days you can request your refund - and you NEED to manually request it after 7 days or it won't happen.

If you don't see the listing fees on your invoice then they just haven't sent you that invoice yet (they tend to be a few weeks behind) - you should see any fees and credits listed there. And like we've said, you won't get the listing fees credited anyway. You should go to "My Ebay" and click on "Seller Account" - then you can see all the current fees and credits the minute they happen.

[quote name='alive741']File a non paying bidder, he won't respond, ebay will credit the fees back. Tell buyer to go fuck themself.

That's my process.

Oh, and leave negative feedback the day before the feedback expires so they can't retaliate.[/QUOTE]
you don't have to wait to file the negative, iirc, once a npb strike has been filed, they can't leave you feedback

You can either a) file a NPB and end contact, giving him a strike and giving you a fee credit or b) file a NPB and mutually agree not to finish the transaction and give you a fee credit.

[quote name='ryanbph']you don't have to wait to file the negative, iirc, once a npb strike has been filed, they can't leave you feedback[/quote]

Thats not true if they dont respond to the npb then they cant leave feedback if they respond then they can

WHATEVER you do DO NOT accept/send a mutual withdrawal.

some guy backed out on me, but since it was a cheap auction only costing a nickel or so, i said okay and sent a mutual withdrawal to let him off the hook.

he responded via ebay saying he changed his mind and wanted to purchase the item. that was the end of the dispute. he never paid, and there is no further option for you the seller to pursue.

i had to email customer service at ebay, and some nice lady credited my nickel or dime or what ever it cost.

on big ticket items just do the npb and don't ever give out a mutual withdrawal based on their sad story.

Well I filed the dispute seven days ago (guess I forgot I did so). Now, how do I go about getting my final value fee (which is $12 due to it selling) deducted from my invoice? Will I have to call ebay or is there simply a button i press on my end? Once again, I'm very thankful for everyones input and help. Thanks.

[quote name='wishfulthinker828']Well I filed the dispute seven days ago (guess I forgot I did so). Now, how do I go about getting my final value fee (which is $12 due to it selling) deducted from my invoice? Will I have to call ebay or is there simply a button i press on my end? Once again, I'm very thankful for everyones input and help. Thanks.[/quote]

i think its a week or so if the buyer doesn't resond...it should say in your dispute console.

Alright, last thing. I'm in my dispute console right now and there's a check under "FVF credit eligibility"; however, how do I go about granting this eligibility to get a refund? Thanks.

[quote name='wishfulthinker828']Alright, last thing. I'm in my dispute console right now and there's a check under "FVF credit eligibility"; however, how do I go about granting this eligibility to get a refund? Thanks.[/quote]

it should refund automatically. 8 days with no response from buyer and it automatically credits your ebay seller account...i think.

[quote name='gaelan']it should refund automatically. 8 days with no response from buyer and it automatically credits your ebay seller account...i think.[/quote]

I think you have to go in and close I think after seven days. Select I wish to end communications if they have not responded and then you get ypur credit and they get a strike....

bread's done
Back