Buyers In South Africa ?

dutch72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
I'm selling some stuff on Ebay and I got this Email :

( 2nd email ) ""Hello i will like to purchase your ITEM placed on ebay if u are willing to sell to me,i will like get back to me with the price plus shipping cost to africa here is the zip code 23401. if you agree i like pay u ( US CERTIFIED CASHIER CHECK) as your mode of payment the reason for sending A US CERTIFIED CASHIER CHECK is becos for you to cash it at a check cashing point cause i will be out of town soon and i will want to clear all business transactions in a timely manner if you agree, kindly foward ur full contact. 1) Full name and address 2) Phone number 3) total cost for the item 4) shipping cost to Africa 5) And the full details about the item whether in good working condition, i will be expecting ur respond in order for me to issue the check as soon as possible. NOTE The check is in (USD) i mean in un funds.""
Earlier I got this one from another guy :

( 1st email ) Am interested in buying this item to my store in africa,My mode of payment is {BIDPAY}.More Over,i would like to know the final asking price for the sales of this item if you re willingly to sell this item to me,i would like to know if you can ship out the items internationally sameday you got confirmation notification from BIDPAY that been approved and verified by BIDPAY.if you agree to this,kindly end the auction and send your details for payment full name,contact address,city,state,zip code,country, phone number including shipping cost to my store in africa via Fedex express/Dhl express or u can ship via USPS EXPRESS cause it is much cheaper,we will be expecting your reply as expected.Regards"""

I looked up the first Emails user profile and It stated that they were no longer a member. I just looked up the second email senders profile and they just joined today..Is there something fishy going On ? My spidey senses are a tinglin...

South Africa, Nigeria, Ethiopia, pretty much anyone saying they are from an African country, stay away. I keep it safe and only allow US bidders. It has cost me (assuming they would pay) since I've had to cancel bids before I knew you could only allow US bidders, but I think it was the safe thing to do.

Avoid trading with ALL African countries like the plague. Theres too much BS going throughout those countries these days.

[quote name='gizmogc']Tasty scam. I wonder how many people actually buy into it?[/QUOTE]

According to a study, five percent of people fall prey to emails like that.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Maybe it's Dave Chappelle.[/QUOTE]

This was my first thought when I read the topic line -- and I'm reminded of him playing NBA Street with that sick kid in the hospital.

:rofl:

[quote name='SkyGheNe']According to a study, five percent of people fall prey to emails like that.[/QUOTE]

I could see that. I believe it's the second or third largest industry in dollars in Nigeria.

[quote name='uuaww']man when i move to kenya on june 1st, i can't use ebay anymore huh?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure since you have an existing account with good feedback you should be alright.

bread's done
Back