Buying a new PS3

WildVulture

CAGiversary!
Hey guys,

So my PS3 died on me after I got to play Yakuza 5 exactly one time. This is the absolute worst. So before I cave and buy another PS3, I was hoping someone could recommend a deal or at least let me know what a reasonable sale price is. Best Buy and Gamestop both want $249 for a new PS3, which is completely insane. I was hoping to spend $100, maybe up to $150 if I absolutely have to, but no way am I paying $50 less than a PS4! 

Thanks for any advice!

Not sure how you feel about used/refurbs, but maybe you could hawk Cowboom when the console promotions hit. GS had a deal on refurb PS3 for 100 not too long ago (though I don't know about GS refurb quality, haha). Could also hunt in Amazon Warehouse Deals (which has a used good 160GB for $147 in a quick check)

Haven't really seen a deal on a new PS3 in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
@scol

I'm fine with refurbs as long as they're in good condition/pass some kind of quality process. Cowboom is a good idea, I've bought used PC parts from them and they arrived in excellent condition. I'm sure there's some variance between consoles and PC parts, but still, a good experience is a good experience.

You could check out eBay like I did for my latest 360. I just sorted by newly listed and kept refreshing every once in awhile. Anytime something that looked like a good deal popped up I would check it out. Ended up getting a slim 360 in like new condition (stickers and everything still on the console and controller) as well as two games (Modern Warfare 3 and Halo 4) for $50 from someone who was moving.

bread's done
Back