Buying a PC game on ebay...

p00ndawg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
worth it?

I REALLLY want to buy s.t.a.l.k.e.r but im worried about the product code and stuff.

is buying a pc game on ebay legit used or new?

What do you mean man? Buying a pc game on ebay is legit, thats like asking if your allowed to sell video games on ebay...which you are.

If you receive the game and it is not a real copy then naturally you send it back and file a dispute.

I think he means can he install it on his computer without any complications, i.e. will he have to get a new code.

Yea, NEVER buy a Source engine game used! But I don't know of any other games that are that bad. I guess if it was like Bioshock and it was already put on the maximum number of PC's you would be screwed. If you did get screwed, you could always look for a crack.

[quote name='munch']I think he means can he install it on his computer without any complications, i.e. will he have to get a new code.[/quote]

yea thats what I meant.

I imagine you'll be fine. I know some games, like Bioshock, can only be installed like 3 times or so. Go to a STALKER forum and see what the limit is.

[quote name='mogamer']Yea, NEVER buy a Source engine game used! But I don't know of any other games that are that bad. I guess if it was like Bioshock and it was already put on the maximum number of PC's you would be screwed. If you did get screwed, you could always look for a crack.[/quote]

Not that it really matters but if you do get a source game used you can send valve pics of the software and box along with the serial # and they will move it to your account.

I got a perfect S.T.A.L.K.E.R copy on eBay for $16ish shipped I believe and had no problems with installation. Hell it ran 30fps+ on Medium settings on a 8500GT so I was very content.

I think Source games are the only issue you have to deal with here *and* games that must have CD keys legitly like Halo 2 and Shadowrun.

Last I checked, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was on clearance at Target for around $7. You may want to check it out and see if there's still a copy around at your location.

[quote name='necrojustice']Not that it really matters but if you do get a source game used you can send valve pics of the software and box along with the serial # and they will move it to your account.[/quote]
I thought they charged to do that.

[quote name='jchoi']Last I checked, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was on clearance at Target for around $7. You may want to check it out and see if there's still a copy around at your location.[/quote]
if you find it at your target, mind buying me a copy for that price?

my target here in denton has none.

[quote name='mguiddy']I thought they charged to do that.[/QUOTE]

They did back when HL2 was originally released... it was $10 for a replacement code or $20 to transfer it I think.

I'm pretty sure they got rid of that now or reduced the price because of constant complaints who had legit games and wanted to sell them.

[quote name='Vinny']it was $10 for a replacement code or $20 to transfer it I think.
[/quote] :dunce:
I hope you have that backwards or valve pulled a fast one on anyone that transfered a code.

I have purchased and (almost) immediately sold games on ebay numerous times. Doing this I got to play KoTOR I and II for essentially free.

bread's done
Back