Buying a PS3 and Need help!

Irohazaka

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Well I wanted to gauge weather this is a offer I should take up from a acquaintance of mine. Hes offering to sell a 60gig ps3, with all cables and controller, assassins creed, and a movie for $450. Now I have been interested in getting a ps3 for quite awhile now, mainly for the BC but I do have a working PS2. So just wondering weather or not you guys would take him up on this offer if you were me.

i wouldnt. some f those 60gb models have been dying of late. 450 is a good deal for one considering what all youre getting but if i couldnt get one brand new id just buy an 80gb model that has bc in ( which is what i did)you can get assasins creed pretty cheap nowand i dunno what the movie is hes adding to the deal so that would change the overall package value too. id also like to know why hes selling it and what kind of controller it is.

I'd do it as long as he is willing to let you see that the console works and isent haveing any problems. A 60 gb ps3 is worth between $400-450 so your basickly getting the game and movie for free. Also the 80 gb model isent really the best choice if you want BC considering it's only about70% BC, and the 60gb is 100

Well he claims he is strapped for cash as he has unfortunately been layed off recently. And the controller is Sixaxis, while the movie is Talladega Nights.

The movie came with the system as a package bundle when it released, unless they bought the system second hand themselves and they bought the movie themselves.

Either way, the price is right as long as the system FULLY works.

I'd test a PS1, PS2 AND a PS3 game with it as well as a CD and a DVD.

If anything, I'd definitely check the CD version PS2 games, since those caused so many problems on the old PS2's, as well as the dual layered ones(God Of War).

depends how good of a friend he is. Will he let you test it for a few days, etc. Personally I would buy a new one and upgrade the harddrive. This way you have a brand new warranty protecting you, a dual shock 3, enough memory to last quite a long time, and it's shiny and has that new smell.

I thought 80gigs would suffice for me....it didn't. So for $80 upgraded to 320gig. What is the cheapest ps3 now??? $400?? + $80. your spending just a few bucks more but you could also sell the 80gig harddrive to cover tax.

[quote name='shadowkast']depends how good of a friend he is. Will he let you test it for a few days, etc. Personally I would buy a new one and upgrade the harddrive. This way you have a brand new warranty protecting you, a dual shock 3, enough memory to last quite a long time, and it's shiny and has that new smell.

I thought 80gigs would suffice for me....it didn't. So for $80 upgraded to 320gig. What is the cheapest ps3 now??? $400?? + $80. your spending just a few bucks more but you could also sell the 80gig harddrive to cover tax.[/quote]

Or he could buy this one and do the same thing...since he stated that he wants a ps3 with BC.

If the PS2 BC matters to you(as in, you'll use it) then the price seems right. Depends how much you can trust this person though. Test it before you buy.

[quote name='shadowkast']depends how good of a friend he is. Will he let you test it for a few days, etc. Personally I would buy a new one and upgrade the harddrive. This way you have a brand new warranty protecting you, a dual shock 3, enough memory to last quite a long time, and it's shiny and has that new smell.

I thought 80gigs would suffice for me....it didn't. So for $80 upgraded to 320gig. What is the cheapest ps3 now??? $400?? + $80. your spending just a few bucks more but you could also sell the 80gig harddrive to cover tax.[/quote]

I would this. Especially if you already have a PS2.

bread's done
Back