Buying a used 360

gorgonzola238

CAGiversary!
I couldn't decide what place to put this, but I knew this one would be safe. Apologies ahead of time if i'm wrong.

A friend at works has a 360 he is going to probably sell. I already told him I'm interested, and it probably won't be for about a month.

Anyway, i'm not sure on how much I should offer. It's about 7 months old, and it's the Premium system. It still has time left on the warranty (he got the extended warranty through MS). Also I was gonna get Gears of War and Guitar Hero 2 from him.

I was thinking around $300 to $325? I looked on ebay at used prices to kinda get an idea. I haven't mentioned price to him and he hasn't said anything either. So what does everyone think?

System alone w/ hard drive, wireless controller, and cables - I'd feel comfortable offering $300 tops. That seems to be the going rate here, and though they're never a good measure of trade value, EB gives

was that price with, or without those games with it? how many controllers? does he take good care of his consoles?

with the games i say 325 is pretty cheap, get it at the price if you can. he could probably get 400 on ebay with the games.

go for it at $325 if he bites. if you don't like guitar hero you could just ebay it and get close to $100 for it (at least it was selling over retail a week ago)

plus he got the warranty which was the biggest thing i was looking for when i bought my console off of ebay a few weeks ago.

Thanks for all the replies.

He is selling it because he doesn't play that much anymore. He says it's in really good condition. He has a bunch of other accessories, but I think I just want the Premium package (HD, wireless controller, headset etc.) and GoW and Guitar Hero 2.

That $325 price was what I was thinking including the games. He hasn't had the Red Rings or any of those problems.

if you got it for 325 with those games, that would be phenominal, but i'd think it would be low balling a little. considering how much gh2 is. tell him to get an acct here to sell any other accessories in the trade forum.

I would say anything under $400 would be a good price. I got a core 360 memory card, and NCAA 2007 off of ebay for 325 in the fall.

You're essentially stealing from him if you pay anything less than $400 for the entire lot. :lol:

bread's done
Back