Buying a Wii U soon

CyReN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
My girlfriend birthday coming up in a few months and was wondering a few things before buying:

1. Can I expect a price drop soon?
  2. Which version to get?
  3. Can you play old Wii games on the pad?
  4. Good games to get? Library seems to be lacking

Games I plan on picking up/waiting to buy:

• e-shop games
  • Disney Infinity
  • Zelda Wind Waker
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze  
  • Ducktales

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I expect a price drop soon?

- You'd have to ask Nintendo this question.

Which version to get?

- I bought the 32GB cause I like the black color.  This is personal preference really.

Can you play old Wii games on the pad?

- Nope

Good games to get? Library seems to be lacking

- These are the games on my list

• New Super Mario Bros Wii U
  • Earthbound
  • Ducktales
  • Pikmin 3
  • New Super Luigi U
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Rayman Legends
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Bayoneetta 2
  • Super Smash Bros
  • + Many Wii Games

A few months? Before or after Black Friday? If after, I would wait. The Deluxe version may not come down in price, but there may be a holiday bundle. The standard white version may get a sale price...especially if Nintendo is phasing them out. Target has already done a "buy a wii u, get a game free" deal.

Anyone think the Basic will ever be stocked in local stores again (like around BF)? Bestbuy doesn't even show it on their site anymore, only the Deluxe. Not even amazon has it.

Anyone think the Basic will ever be stocked in local stores again (like around BF)? Bestbuy doesn't even show it on their site anymore, only the Deluxe. Not even amazon has it.
Doubt it - Best Buy just clearanced out the white wii u pro controller for $25 through their deal of the day, which says to me the white console may not be coming back. I'm betting on just deluxe from here on out, and that it will likely go down to $299 or even $249 before the PS4 and Xbox One launch in November.

Doubt it - Best Buy just clearanced out the white wii u pro controller for $25 through their deal of the day, which says to me the white console may not be coming back. I'm betting on just deluxe from here on out, and that it will likely go down to $299 or even $249 before the PS4 and Xbox One launch in November.
I thought about getting it from Cowboom, but still on the fence about it. Is it worth getting one? I was definitely dissapointed with the vita given the lack of games, and also decided not to go for a PS4 since it won't be backwards compatible and it's not much of an upgrade from the PS3 based on the specs I've seen.

bread's done
Back