Buying a Wii U

Tdog987

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hello everyone

Wish I could have posted this in the deals section so everyone can see.

Nintendo will be announcing the price and release date for the Wii U for the U.S. tomorrow at 10:00 am est...they will be streaming the event live here https://www.facebook.com/WiiU?ref=ts

I'm assuming that pre-orders at alot of places will begin tomorrow as well.

I doubt the Wii U will have shortages like the Wii did when it launched, but will still have high demand.

For those of you who plan on getting a Wii U at launch...where will you be pre-ordering at?

I was not as lucky...when I went to pre-order the Wii at Gamestop...they were taking pre-orders when I got there, but right when I got to the counter, they stopped taking pre-orders (guy in front of me got the last one)....spent all night outside of stores 3 different times, before I was able to grab a Wii and want to avoid that this go around.

I am going to pre-order on Walmart.com (I have a 10% emp discount and will want to use that). Hopefully that will work out :pray:

Ill probably preorder at amazon or bestbuy because I have a $475 gc for amazon and a $260 gc at best buy. I have been hoarding the cRedit for over a year waiting to hear about the wii u preorder and wanting to make sure i would have credit at whichever place started to pre order 1st. I dont expect a shortage but wanna be sure. I also figure preorders will go up tomorrow. Im excited so thanks for starting the thread so ive got a place to chat about it

So...So Japan had their PC

Details

2 sku's

1. 32 GB premium unit (Black)= 35,000 yen = $405

2. 8 GB basic unit (white) = 26,250 yen = $337

Release date (Japan) is 12/8.

I'm guessing that the 2 units for the U.S. will be $300 for premium and $250 for basic

I'd be tempted to buy one for under $250 (around what I got my PS3 for 3 years ago). Will most likely wait till I can get one for under $200 though.

So far nothing about the system makes me want to buy it day one. Only thing I'm interested in at the moment is Pikmin 3.

Price will probably be $299 to $349.

[quote name='antlp89']I'd be tempted to buy one for under $250 (around what I got my PS3 for 3 years ago). Will most likely wait till I can get one for under $200 though.

So far nothing about the system makes me want to buy it day one. Only thing I'm interested in at the moment is Pikmin 3.

Price will probably be $299 to $349.[/QUOTE]
^^^ This !

I'm sure i'll eventually get one but when the price is lower and there are a few 1st party games available like Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Pikmin.

My problem with the system is other than Nintendo, I'm not seeing a whole lot of developer interest in making games for it, long term.

[quote name='antlp89']I'd be tempted to buy one for under $250 (around what I got my PS3 for 3 years ago). Will most likely wait till I can get one for under $200 though.

Price will probably be $299 to $349.[/QUOTE]

If thats the case...I'll hold off too.

349 comes with 32gb memory and nintendoland game + all the other little extras making it the only way to buy the system imo.
or 299 8gb memory, no game, no extras.

The wii destroyed the nintendo brand name for me.
So the wiiu is able to play PS3/360 quality games in HD .. and all nintendo titles rehashed again on a better looking system. The gamepad looks like another silly gimmick I have zero interest in. And the thought of using old wiimote plus controllers is a bigdowner. So they finally made a decent looking real controller which is a good thing.. hopefully the wiimotes and wiiu motes arn't required to play games and we can choose the real controller to play them with.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']349 comes with 32gb memory and nintendoland game + all the other little extras making it the only way to buy the system imo.
or 299 8gb memory, no game, no extras.

The wii destroyed the nintendo brand name for me.
So the wiiu is able to play PS3/360 quality games in HD .. and all nintendo titles rehashed again on a better looking system. The gamepad looks like another silly gimmick I have zero interest in. And the thought of using old wiimote plus controllers is a bigdowner. So they finally made a decent looking real controller which is a good thing.. hopefully the wiimotes and wiiu motes arn't required to play games and we can choose the real controller to play them with.[/QUOTE]
That all reads like a huge FAIL for Nintendo. I'm sitting this one out until I see a price drop and developers other than Nintendo are making games for it. It's been 3 years since I fired up the Wii.

bread's done
Back