Buying Car Stereo Parts on Ebay???

jmon22

CAGiversary!
Would it be safe to buy this kind of stuff on ebay. It seems good. I see $500 retail price amps going for around $250. Has anybody ordered any car stereo parts off of the big sellers on there?? What do you guys think. Is it good or is there something i am not seeing here.

I bought my CD deck off of ebay about a year ago. It was brand new and reatailed for $450 and won it for $190 (s&h included). It worked perfect.

Just check the sellers feedback and ask any & all questions before you buy. Also I would get it from a seller that deals almost exclusively with car audio equipment, that weeds out some of the bad apples.

[quote name='rimsforsale']jus ask them, if they use a crowbar, or a jimmy.[/quote]

Either way, I dont care, as long as I'm getting it for the cheaper price and can not be responsible for it.

But technically anything bought on ebay could be stolen, so you could not get charged for anything. How are you supposed to know if its stolen?

NOTE: Not that i am behind buying stolen items, in fact i am against it if i knew it was stolen. I just believe anything on ebay is fair game.

I bought a Kenwood car MP3 stereo off from eBay about two years ago. I got it for about 1/2 of the price in Crutchfield, and it was brand new, mint in box. So I would you say you can definitely get good deals on car audio off eBay (depending on the seller).

So back on topic, if i order some of these things that claim to be new in box and never opened or anything, is this in fact what i am going to get, it just seems like too good of a deal.

Heres the only way i see it. Most retail chains have huge markup on car audio. These places might just mark them up less but make up for it in the quantity in items sold. If you sell one item marked up 60 bucks or 3 items marked up 20 bucks you still have the same profit. Does anyone know if this is the case here??

I wanted to add, I bought some new Polk car speakers about three years ago. They did arrive new in box and worked okay (not as good as I would have thought, however, the serial numbers were scratched off them. :? This seemed shadey, must be a case "fell off the truck".

Also, another thing to be careful of is the warranty. A lot of manufacturers (Alpine, for one) will not honor the warranty if you don't purchase from an authorized dealer.

You would figure that if the same retailer is selling 20+ of the exact same item that it is pretty hard to believe they just fell off the truck but you never know.

I've come to realize that feedback ratings can sometimes be bluffs... recent encoutner with cheapelectronics04... so have the seller email you several pics of what you are buying. Then make sure that Ebay/credit card/Paypal will insure your purchase so that if it isn't what was stated or if you never receive the item, that you can get your money back!!!

Believe it or not, if you know what to look for... or who to trust.. yes, its perfectly fine to buy car stereo equipment from Ebay. Many sellers are actual mobile electronics stores selling off overstock. Look into it to see if its a legit store (website, legit phone number and address listed). I've gotten Clarion 3 way 6.5's for 40 bucks brand new.. and I also had a bad ass JVC cd player that had MP3 support brand new (MSRP was 500, got it for 175). Never had a problem out of either. Just buy smart, research before you buy, and you won't have a problem.

about a year ago i bought 2 12 inch fosgates in a bandpass for $113 shipped. they are still working just fine.

its still the best deal ive found on ebay.

bread's done
Back