Buying out of stock items on Amazon

unicron129

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Does anyone have experience with buying an item on Amazon that says "out of stock; order now and we'll deliver when available". I'm thinking about buying a game with some other items so that I can get the free shipping. How long does it take them to ship?

It's always quick unless the manufacturer doesn't have any to send to Amazon. They'll probably have the OOS item shipped out to you within a week or two. Either way, Amazon will ship the in-stock items right away separately, even if you choose Super Saver Shipping.

sounds good, but what happens if the manufacturer cannot send amazon the item for whatever reason? Would I just get my money back?

If it looks like they won't be able to deliver the item within a certain timeframe (60 or 90 days?), they'll send you an email asking if you want to cancel it. Sometimes they'll cancel items automatically if they don't think they'll be able to get it at all.

But generally their warnings are overly pessimistic-- most times when I've ordered something that said "ships in 2 - 3 weeks" it's gone out within a few days, same as an in stock item.

[quote name='unicron129']sounds good, but what happens if the manufacturer cannot send amazon the item for whatever reason? Would I just get my money back?[/quote]
No, because they don't take the money until it ships. And if you order an OOS item with another item under $25 and they ship the cheaper item first, then they cancel the OOS item, they won't request you pay them the shipping costs of the cheaper item.

bread's done
Back