Buying used games

New, of course. Used when the deals are too hard to pass up, or the game isn't available new anymore.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Trakan']New, of course. Used when the deals are too hard to pass up, or the game isn't available new anymore.[/quote][/quote]

i usually buy used because of the edge card and i always have credit at EB. as long as they show me the disc and it's mint and complete, that's fine with me.

I'm actually a pretty good mix. I don't mind used, even incomplete. If I'm saving enough (usually part of those buy 1 get one half off, if a game doesn't have an instruction manual, it doesn't really bug me (except in rare instances). But, if I'm only going to save $3, then I'll just buy new, and not have the issue.

The problem at Gamestop and EB is that, since they open the seal, I rarely ever buy new games there. Even if they are truely new, they really don't feel new.

I very rarely buy used games. I will buy them from other CAGs or if the deal is really good, but generally I am not a fan of used games for some reason. I guess it's the thought of people just throwing them around and never keeping them in the case when they're not in use turns me off.

"It depends" should be a standardized answer here. If the savings are decent and the game complete and in good enough condition, why wouldn't you consider a pre-owned purchase? It's not like you're buying used underware or socks.

Most of my games are either used (Blockbuster) or are >$10 new.

This past year has really wrecked me for spending more than $10 on any games, new or used.

I do get used games, but rarely for this generation's systems. If I do buy used, the game must be virtually scratch-less and have a manual and insert in excellent shape. If you buy used from a stupid store like EB or Gamestop you'll have to replace the case usually since there are 500 stickers on it and the plastic is all scratched up or even punctured. Fortunately, $0.01 old jampacks are your friend and provide easy replacement cases. New 95+% of the time though.

I ordered an used one for 10 dollars.
It is half off regular price of 20 dollars.
i'll see if it was worth it from gamestop

[quote name='stealthking']I ordered an used one for 10 dollars.
It is half off regular price of 20 dollars.
i'll see if it was worth it from gamestop[/quote]

It will probably be fine, only problem with online is sometimes they don't arrive complete which sucks.

I would only buy a used game if it's complete and is in very good condition. Cases I could care less about because they are always replaceable.

Considering after my discount I could get a new release game pre-played for $35, I usually always wait for the used one.

I buy 95% of my games used. The only time I buy new is when I can work some kind of unbelievable deal.
Ex. Using TRU/EB to get a $50 game for $10-$15, using $1 and $1.50 clearance games.
I am picky though, and will almost never buy a game unless it's complete and in good condition. The amount of money I save makes up for the plastic wrap I miss out on.

Used only.
Mechassault 2 was the last game that I bought new at launch. I vowed never to buy a game at launch again. I very rarely buy new unless there is a super deal at a B&M or a CAG has a new copy on the cheap. Ebay is a crap shoot, but you can find some good deals every once and a while. I've lost interest in Ebay since I joined CAG.

[quote name='Scorch']As long as it's complete and in decent condition, used is fine by me.[/quote]
Ditto.

Used.. they're usually cheaper and plus with that extra money you could get another used game. For my experiance, the used games are in pretty good condition whether it's EB, GC, GS, eBay, or a friend.

I buy used all the time. Looking back over the past year I think the majority of the current gen games I've picked up have been new, but probably a good 25% or more were bought used. And I've recently started trading a bit on TGN so of course everything from there is used.

Used, most of the time. Unless I find a new copy for cheaper that what a used one would cost(EB does this sometimes) or if the game is marked down cheap. Like I just recently purchased Metal Arms for Xbox for $10 new at BB.

I never ever buy used games. I have approximately 350 xbox, gc, and dreamcast games, and all of them were bought brand new (yet cheap).

I also never buy used dvd's.

I do, however, buy used cd's. There's some music you simply can't find new, not even on ebay.

50% of the games I buy are used. And yes they have to be in good condition with case and manual. Gamefly, Ebay and EBGames.com have treated me very well so far. I've only had one sctratched game from EB, which they replaced quickly. I stopped buying used from Gamestop because they have sent me scratched discs, and games with no case or manual even when they said they were included. But I've heard other people have had trouble with EB, and not Gamestop, so I guess it varies per person.

bread's done
Back