Buying Zelda Gamecube Bundle NEW or USED

Odibil

CAGiversary!
Edit 08/25/04: It seems the Zelda Gamecube Bundle is very hard to come by during this TRU sale, so I've swayed my interest more toward a used bundle. I will pay $60 for the Indigo version and $70 for a Black or Platinum version of the bundle (this includes shipping). If you have any accessories or games you'd also like to get rid of, let me know, and we'll work something out. My budget is $100 max.

As you may or may not know, Toys R Us is having a 50% off sale -- officially starting on August 22nd, but already confirmed price changes starting NOW -- for many stale-stock items. In other words, they need to move product, and I'm willing to help them. Read more here.

This sale includes all bundles that have become obsolete, such as: Zelda Gamecube Bundle, Clone Wars & Tetris / Jet Set Radio & Sega GT XBOX Bundle, and other obsolete bundles.

During this sale, the Gamecube's list price of $99.99 will be discounted by 50% to make it $49.99. This will only work with the Zelda bundle, and the three TRU's in my area have all since cleared them out of stock.

I would like to ask for the help of my fellow cheapasses to check for the Zelda Gamecube Bundle while they're scouting this sale. I am willing to pay up to $70 for the cost of the bundle including tax, shipping, and your gas money. Also, if you're willing to pick one up at cost, with tax and shipping ($60 or so), I'd love to send you a game from my tradelist (link in sig).

Thanks in advance. Feel free to reply here and/or PM me.

Edit: I will use your feedback from the forums or on ebay (must confirm e-mail) to protect my ass. Basically, you will need some form of reliable feedback in order for me to pay first. If you have no feedback, but still want to help me out, I'll pay the maximum $70 if you ship first. Hopefully we'll be able to work out some form of safe trading, just send me a PM.

[quote name='chess380']Is this avalible online too, if not how far is your TRU from Orlando on Avg.[/quote]

Not available online, yet, at least. The deal goes live on August 22nd, so I'll have to see if it's available online at that time.

I'm about 3 hours from Orlando. I checked the stores in Royal Palm, Boynton Beach, and Boca Raton. Anything further is a waste of gas money.

I'd love to throw down some money if people are willing to call up their local TRU stores, see if they have any in stock, and grab me one. Also might want to ask them to ring it up on the phone just to make sure.

[quote name='mousin']the only place youll find the bundles are at TRU's that have poor people..[/quote]

Well, in that case, it's too bad they aren't having this sale at K-Mart. :lol:

[quote name='Odibil']

I'm about 3 hours from Orlando. I checked the stores in Royal Palm, Boynton Beach, and Boca Raton. Anything further is a waste of gas money.
[/quote]

D'oh! I was gonna offer to pick one up for you...then I realized that you're in Palm Beach too. Oh well!

Did they have any XBOX bundles? That's the only system I dont' have.

[quote name='ialsohaveadream']D'oh! I was gonna offer to pick one up for you...then I realized that you're in Palm Beach too. Oh well!

Did they have any XBOX bundles? That's the only system I dont' have.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure a couple of them do, though Boynton doesn't have ANYTHING. I didn't physically go to the Royal Palm or Boca stores, I just called, so you might want to head out there to check.

Doubt anyone is gonna sell you one for 50 bucks less then what they can get on ebay.

funny thing the 2 TRU's that are near me has plenty of these bundles...but it doesnt say 50 percent off. Was gonna buy a few of these an ebay them darn...

[quote name='ex0']Doubt anyone is gonna sell you one for 50 bucks less then what they can get on ebay.[/quote]

Well, I was hoping to appeal to someone who didn't intend on hoarding the bundles to sell on ebay. This post was intended for those who would like to help out a fellow cheapass.

[quote name='Hksuperman3000']funny thing the 2 TRU's that are near me has plenty of these bundles...but it doesnt say 50 percent off. Was gonna buy a few of these an ebay them darn...[/quote]

The sale doesn't officially start until August 22nd, so you probably won't see any mark-downs until then. The prices, however, have already been updated within the system and the bundle should ring out as $49.99 (make sure they scan the actual gamecube box, and not a ticket).

I'd get'cha one, but my TRU didn't have any, but it did have shitloads of Ikaruga (I've never seen so many copies of that game in one place before

Don't want to steal Odibil's Thread, but if after Odibil gets one or if someone can pick up two I'll pay the same.

No Toys R' Us even close to me unless you count 60+ miles.

Chris

I work at a TRU In Chicago... I have not seen this in AGES.... :( I already own a GC but would not mind buying this for only $50! lol. Ive been wanting that Zelda disk for ages now... Hmm.... I'll check arround for ya and if I find 2 I'll sell ya one for $75...

Poor Odibil has still not found a Zelda GameCube bundle? :lol:
Just to let you know, I actually did check my TRU for you, but no dice. Shocker.

bread's done
Back