BuyNextGen Problems

towpeas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I was curious if anyone who has ordered from BuyNextGen has had problems w/ receiving their orders. I recently, well a month ago, purchased a copy of Valkyria Chronicles.

A month went by and no game in the mail so I send an e-mail asking about it, the guy was really nice and quick w/ the response saying that it's probably lost and that he'll overnight one to me and will someone be home to sign for it. I respond w/ a yes, I can have someone be at my house to sign for the package, all this took place last Friday. So Monday comes and I let my ex-wife come over to watch our kid and sign for the package. Well I get home from work and she says nothing ever came, so I'm thinking maybe then next day or so. Well it's Friday again and no game, and I sent an e-mail earlier but have yet to receive a response.

Has anyone else had problems like this or is it just one of the few isolated incidents?

Hey! I'm going though the same situation: almost a month, no game yet; today they told me they might air mail another copy and recall the other one that's in "process" of being delivered.
Did you ever get your copy of the game?

I too am now going throw the EXACT same situation with this place, I will NEVER EVER EVER order anything from them EVER again, worst place I have EVER ordered from in my entire life.

I ordered Batman AA on 8/29/09 and it is now 9/25/09, almost a month and no game, I went through the same email deal about airmailing it to me and it's been a week and no Batman, this is just... unbelievable!!!

So I email them today to see what the deal is and here is what I got.
================================
Hello Michael,

Sorry some forms had to be filled out and accepted by usps since they aren't looking for the previous package and we just declared it lost in transit. Let me get your tracking number. Delivery is on monday by the way but once you ahve the tracking you can follow it yourself.

Kevin Barton
BNG Support Supervisor
[email protected]
561-542-9905
Follow Us At Twitter: www.twitter.com/buynextgen
=====================================

But WAIT! What's this then?
=====================================
Date: September 19th

We just airmailed you another package. We can't find the previous one and since it low in value, usps is not trying that hard to locate it. Hopefully it will just end up back here due to a nondelivery error or whatever.

I will have tracking later today.

Mike
BNG Support Staff
[email protected]
561-542-9905
Follow Us At Twitter: www.twitter.com/buynextgen

==============================================

So if I don't have it on monday then to the paypal dispute center I go, I wish I could put out some sort of PSA against ordering from this place, but not everyone has problems with them I assume or it would be a much bigger situation than it is now, I will report back here on monday with the results of this bull.

The same thing is happening to me. I've even gotten the same email as posted above. What did you all end up doing? Did you ever get your order?

glad I stayed away from this one. Demon's Souls Deluxe for $57 shipped was very tempting, but not if you don't get it.

Hey guys I noticed I had some activity in this post so here's a quick update. I did get my game though it did take a while. I think I waited about two months before my game came in. It took a lot of persistent e-mailing, but they did finally deliver.

So, yeah, it's in the title. BNG takes a long time to ship when you use the "BNG Saver" (aka free shipping) option.

However, it's ludicrous how long they take.

My experience with them is that I ordered a game with the free shipping option. They send the confirmation email. I wait about five days. After reading many negative things online about them saying that they often give the excuse that the item was lost by USPS I became worried.

I emailed BNG customer service asking when they think my order would be shipped. They told me they were shipping it on that day and asked if I would like a tracking number. I told them that I would like a tracking number. About five days later, they did not give me the tracking number and the game still had not arrived.

When they finally gave me a tracking number, the tracking status showed that the shipment was JUST sent out, meaning it took them about two weeks to send it. He gave me an excuse about how they had initially sent it parcel post because the game was too heavy. He said I was receiving a free artbook and soundtrack, and that it was rare (it's not rare, it comes with every copy of the game in the United States). And then he said that it says that the shipment was only sent recently because they had switched it from parcel post to priority mail just a few days ago. Likely story--it could be true, but it seems rather suspicious. Sadly, the tracking number they gave me was wrong anyway. The tracking number was for another package sent to my state, but an entirely different city. Needless to say, when I saw that the status of the package was "delivered" and I did not have the game, I was pretty annoyed. I sent them another email and a day later he sent me the correct tracking number (which also showed that it was JUST barely shipped).

Also, the guy gave me a 'coupon code' for my inconvenience. The coupon code does not work. After about 10 emails between the two of us, it still does not work, despite how many times the customer service rep claims he will work on it.

Ultimately, I did get my game. However, it took about 3 weeks--which is ridiculous for a single game of its size and weight. At the least, I would have liked the simple truth rather than these lies that are meant to appease me. The simple truth would have meant that I knew what was up and would have just waited, rather than expecting it to arrive when it wouldn't be arriving.

Their customer service seems to say just about anything in order to temporarily appease people. It's not very smart. Any real customer service person from a less amateur-ish company would simply tell the truth and make up for it (maybe requiring a manager/supervisor's approval). It works a lot better in the end.

My buddy went through the same issues with BNG they kept sending him tracking information and those numbers never checked out to be legit. It took him over a month to get Beatles Rock Band, but he did get it, but in the end it wasn't worth the headache or heartache of waiting and repeated emails to 'customer service'. Glad they were out of stock when I was willing to buy from them.

Well I just wanted to help spread the word that buynextgen.com does suck. They will lie about shipping and even supposed emails they sent. It really is a huge pain in the @$$ to even deal with them. I ordered Dragon Age Origins from them the day before it released for $43.50, thinking "oh thats a good price" but then never received my game. Eventually I sent them a message asking about it, they said it would arrive in a few days, it never did. They said they would look into it and they didn't. So I put up with it for a bit. Well lets see I ordered the game on 11/2 and by 12/5 was fed up with not having the game. So I let them have it, telling them I had not loaned them my money, I had bought a product I still hadn't received, etc etc., and I was professional about it, but made sure it showed I was obviously angry. So I gave them a deadline, and said I wanted my game by Thursday or else I would be calling the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General of Florida (where they are based out of) and the Attorney General of my state as well. Not only that but since they had offered free airmail on my next order (yeah like that would happen) and $20 towards another purchase, I upped the ante and told them I flat out wanted a free game, I even named the game (ACII). I even went so far as to say that I didn't care if he had to go to walmart himself and purchase both games to send to me, but something had to happen or I would be making some noise. Support said they couldn't authorize it but would forward it to their supervisor and their legal counsel ( I assume because I threatened all the phone calls) So I waited quietly all week long, and finally I had in my inbox wednesday night and shipment notification with tracking info. I didn't get it on Thursday, but I saw the tracking said it was pretty close to being here so I gave them one extra day, and finally on Friday 12/11 I received my package. The email said that ACII was sent with it, but I wasn't sure until I held it in my hand. It cost them $17.50 to mail the package as fast as they did, and I only paid $43.50 (the shipping was free) originally. Plus I got a free game. So all in all they lost money, I got a free game for my trouble and I probably wont order from them again (mostly because I doubt I could get a free game out of them again LOL).

So I guess you better decide how far you might want to push them if you order from them and don't get it in a timely manner. Their service sucks, but they seem to cave from pressure. Worst case scenario you could always pay with paypal and then get a refund if it all doesn't work out. The waiting sucked but the free game mended my "emotional wounds" lol, and my wallet.

Hope this was helpful, and remember you have to be tough with them to get results.

Guys,

Please do not purchase ANYTHING from next gen. I just had a horrible experience ordering Call of duty MW2 from them. After a month, I still had not received the game. I received responses back from the company but they never really said anything other than "we'll look into it". Luckily, I purchased the game through Paypal and was able to open a dispute and receive a refund back. Buynextgen.com may have great prices, but it is not worth the hassle!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

Same here, I've ordered Metroid Prime back in August and never received it.

As of January, after constantly asking them to reship me the item, they never did even though they promised it. Asked for a refund, e-mailed twice for it, 3 weeks went by, still nothing.

Definitely stay away from BuyNextGen.

Stay away from BNG.
I filed dispute with paypal and paypal cannot recover any fund even it was decided in my favour.

Isn't there a way for a scam site to be taken offline completely?

Hate to say it, but this is probably the 5th or 6th thread I've seen about the problems with these yahoos. Anytime a "deal" gets posted from them, the mods immediately delete it - they're THAT bad. We think it's just one guy out of a hotel room or something!

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM - THEY'LL STALL YOU AS LONG AS THEY CAN!!!

bread's done
Back