Buyportablegames.com - Ripped me off for $300+ !!

THPS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Buyers beware: Buyportablegames.com ripped me off for over $300. Heres my story.

I recently purchased soem games from them which totalled about $300. I paid, got my tracking number to find out they were from Hong Kong, which rose a red flag. I get the games, they're bootlegs, what a surprise. I emailed them and they gave me an address to return the games and said I'd receive the shipping money back as well. So I send them back via Registered mail with the works and put a value of the item at $500 to tack them with some customs fees. Its been over a month and I have not received a single reply from them. I was an idiot and got screwed. I contacted PayPal, and they won't help me out.

So basically, don't buy anything from them. Is there anything I can do? I was actually thinking about going over to Hong Kong to get my money back because I'm so pissed. Or to send them an empty envelope and put the value down as thousands of dollars to hit them with customs fees to get back at them.

So, you received games from this company, which turned out to be bootlegs, so they said you would receive the shipping money back as well as a refund, yet you decided to overvalue the package to 'stick it to them' and now you're wondering WHY you haven't heard from them?

I know if I sold something to someone and I had to deal with customs fees and crap like that and someone overvalued the items they're shipping back to me, when I said I'd give them a refund including shipping, you know what my response would be?

A big ol' fuck you and you'd never see your money OR the games again. You screw me, I screw you. That's what happened here.

Do a chargeback with your cc company and learn from this mistake.

lol do you think they will really accept a package with high customs fees? The bootleg games dont worth anything to them.

Don't people look up these sites before investing hundreds? And with a name like "buyportablegames.com", "scam" should be screaming out to you.

[quote name='Samus']Don't people look up these sites before investing hundreds? And with a name like "buyportablegames.com", "scam" should be screaming out to you.[/quote]

thats funny considering your sig...

Rewards1: A website to get free, well, anything (with their custom prize form). For a complete, STEP-BY-STEP Guide, check out www.yourfreevideogames.blogspot.com for an explanation on how it works, why it works, and how to maximize your free items!

[quote name='Malik112099']thats funny considering your sig...[/quote]

I think it's also funny that you're so ignorant.

1. You're not investing hundreds of dollars into that site.
2. That is a legitimate site. If you'd have any clue what you're talking about you'd know that. Why the hell would I be trying to get recruits, for points, if the site was a scam and they never sent you your stuff? I've gotten everything I've ever ordered from that site.

[quote name='Samus']hy the hell would I be trying to get recruits, for points, if the site was a scam and they never sent you your stuff?[/quote]

Probably because you're a douche bag....

[quote name='Cryptosporidium-399']Probably because you're a douche bag....[/quote]

Nice to see we're still being civil and logical.

Did you pay out of a bank account or your credit card.

If you used a cc then you have a method of recourse - call your cc company immediately.

If you linked a bank account to your paypal take this as a lesson - DO NOT USE A BANK ACCOUNT TO PAY FOR THINGS THROUGH PAYPAL - Paypal sucks, why do you want to give up consumer power to fatten their wallet by paying through your bank account.

[quote name='Samus']I think it's also funny that you're so ignorant.

1. You're not investing hundreds of dollars into that site.
2. That is a legitimate site. If you'd have any clue what you're talking about you'd know that. Why the hell would I be trying to get recruits, for points, if the site was a scam and they never sent you your stuff? I've gotten everything I've ever ordered from that site.[/quote]

His point is a site name means nothing on how legit it is. The one in your sig is the last type of thing I would EVER click if I think "What site wants to rip me off?"

[quote name='georox']His point is a site name means nothing on how legit it is. The one in your sig is the last type of thing I would EVER click if I think "What site wants to rip me off?"[/quote]

The site is Rewards1.com. My link in my sig is just to a blog that gives tips on how to use Rewards1.com effectively. It's a blog, which should be freaking obvious considering its on Blogger.

bread's done
Back