C & C Red Alert 3 X360 $22.92 shipped J&R through Amazon (OOS)

wow, was waiting for a price drop, $20 is amazing. Thanks a lot for this :D

edit: this made me way too happy. i'm doing a "I get to see Bear soldiers battle Jenny McCarthy" dance...

Last edited by a moderator:
In for one. I've wanted this game and was also going to wait until I could get it for cheap. That cheap day is today. :)

[quote name='Hoffer']In for one. I've wanted this game and was also going to wait until I could get it for cheap. That cheap day is today. :)[/quote]I'm with you there. In for one as well.

Even if it was at retail at $20, I'd be paying half of the shipment price in taxes, so paying $3 for shipment to my door, I'm OK with that.

On the JR.com direct link to the same item, it's $37.99 + shipping:
http://www.jr.com/electronic-arts/pe/EA_19041/

Wonder why it's cheaper through Amazon.com. :whistle2:s Certainly no complaint.

Yeah, big thanks here, too. I have the PC version, but I loved it so much that I wanted the 360 version, too. I was thinking about picking it up this week used at EB, so you saved me some chump change. :)

RTS games on a console are never "in my wheelhouse". Add to that the fact that my backlog is choking the life out of me, and I'll pass.

I ordered one but then cancelled it, my backlog has gotten a bit crazy and by the time I get round to playing this (probably not this year) I'm sure I'll be able to pick it up for less than $20.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm with you there. In for one as well.

Even if it was at retail at $20, I'd be paying half of the shipment price in taxes, so paying $3 for shipment to my door, I'm OK with that.

On the JR.com direct link to the same item, it's $37.99 + shipping:
http://www.jr.com/electronic-arts/pe/EA_19041/

Wonder why it's cheaper through Amazon.com. :whistle2:s Certainly no complaint.[/QUOTE]

Direct link now shows $19.97 plus shipping of $2.95. Also interesting if you try to buy 2 on JR site shipping goes from $2.95 for one to $6.95 for two. (must upgrade to priority)

And I was just about to drive 40 minutes to the nearest Gamestop that has it in-stock to pay $35 (in credit) for it. I have Amazon credit to burn as well, so, yoink!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kklems']Direct link now shows $19.97 plus shipping of $2.95. Also interesting if you try to buy 2 on JR site shipping goes from $2.95 for one to $6.95 for two. (must upgrade to priority)[/quote]Very odd. :whistle2:s

When I posted the link, it was $37.99. I guess it's a pass-through sale they're having that works with Amazon. More curious is if the price stays at $20 past this weekend. Might be part of their weekend sales they're always running.

Tempting but I think I'll wait for a sale on the PC version. Would much rather play with a mouse and keyboard.

On second thought, it's still going for 1000 points on Goozex... nah, I'll wait for it to go on sale on Steam.

I am going to have to jump on this one.

I was trying not to buy anything else this month but this is a great price and I can't say no to this one.

TIme to add to the backlog...

Good find, OP! This was one of the Fall '08 titles I held off on that I really wanted. I doubt this will ever get cheaper than $20 based just on the C&C3 games.

[quote name='Ender']RTS games on a console are never "in my wheelhouse". Add to that the fact that my backlog is choking the life out of me, and I'll pass.[/quote]
I was about to say. Playing an FPS on a console is bad enough, but an RTS? I don't know how it would even be playable on a console to be honest. Well, have fun with that ...

[quote name='MattVid']I was about to say. Playing an FPS on a console is bad enough, but an RTS? I don't know how it would even be playable on a console to be honest. Well, have fun with that ...[/quote]

the C&C series on the 360 control just fine. THen again, i braved Warcraft on Playstation, so maybe i'm just a glutton for pain...

[quote name='FiendCameron']the C&C series on the 360 control just fine. THen again, i braved Warcraft on Playstation, so maybe i'm just a glutton for pain...[/quote]

Red Alert for the Playstation wasn't bad either.

I played C&C3 on 360 and while the controls work, they're just frustrating compared to the PC version, especially if you do a lot of unit micro-managing.

[quote name='blinkin2000']For the PC Gamers, J&R has the Premier Edition for the same price as the standard version. $27.99.

http://www.jr.com/electronic-arts/pe/EAI_19173/[/quote]

Dude, that is a great find, I've been waiting for the damn edition to go down in price and was pissed that Amazon had the regular game at 20 bucks but didn't do anything really with the premier edition. I'm gonna have to relocate some funds to get this though lol. CAG is making me broke! ^^

I have to get this, great price
dot.PNG

Got the pc version from the J&R link in the mail yesterday, played a lot of the game, love it so far. Thanks again on the deal, been looking for this deal for some time.

If you go on their own site jr.com and checkout there they did have the $19.XX pre shipping price on there too. That's how I got it when Amazon wasn't listing it anymore. Ordered it from JR.com and used Google Checkout. It was listed as temporarily sold out when I ordered on the website but it was shipped nearly the next day.

bread's done
Back